Bundesliga 2016/17

ctp

Kimmich, Passlack, Weiser, Henrichs is a really good crop of young fullbacks. It's really amazing how quickly the situation has turned around considering how bad we looked at fullback just six months ago (*cough* Rudy *cough*).

Now we're just missing an elite striker to complete the team.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Brandt - Werner - Sane
Kimmich - Weigl - Goretzka/Meyer/Dahoud
Henrichs - Tah - Süle - Paslak
Horn

There are quite a few promising youngsters around. Especially in defence, DM and CM.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
hertha berlin's mitchell weiser has become sooo good, it's astonishing really. clearly one of the players to watch out for.
I didn't fully understand why Bayern let him go for free, he was more or less constantly improving in his last season for us. A new contract and then sending him to Hertha on a loan would have been smarter, imo.

Inigo

I didn't fully understand why Bayern let him go for free, he was more or less constantly improving in his last season for us. A new contract and then sending him to Hertha on a loan would have been smarter, imo.
Bayern offered him a contract but Weiser wanted more playtime so he declined.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
We let him go because we felt he was never really good enough -at least not good enough to get the kind of patient playing time with us which he apparently needed to show he might actually be good enough. That's always the paradox with 20/21 year old youngsters at a club as big as ours.

It's great he's doing well for Hertha, but there's no need to be revisionist about our decisions.

Nicklas

Really looking forward the match between Bayern München - Hoffenheim today. Just found out that Hoffenheims manager is a 29yo who's taking the Bundesliga by storm, from bottom of the table in February (when he became their manager) to currently at fourth place with 4 points up to Bayern Munich. Still unbeaten this season as well.

People who follow BL - what's your opinion about Julian Nagelsmann?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
It's not revisionist because I said the same thing already when he left ;)
He wasn't mature enough to seriously challenge for the RB position, and there was no way for him getting past his competion on the right wing. Kind of a getting caught between a rock and a hard place situation.
Going to Hertha was the right decision.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
He wasn't mature enough to seriously challenge for the RB position, and there was no way for him getting past his competion on the right wing. Kind of a getting caught between a rock and a hard place situation.
Going to Hertha was the right decision.
I'm not debating any of this, especially the part about going to Hertha. I'm just saying the smart thing would have been to keep an option of getting him back on our own terms.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
People who follow BL - what's your opinion about Julian Nagelsmann?
He's been doing great so far, and has achieved a bit of a shooting star status. If he continues on like that, he's destined for greater things longterm

I'm not debating any of this, especially the part about going to Hertha. I'm just saying the smart thing would have been to keep an option of getting him back on our own terms.
Perhaps the player ifself wasn't to keen on such an option;)

Zippy20

Supports
Hertha BSC
I watch him play every week and honestly, i'm glad we have him, but he is nowhere near good enough for Bayern and i doubt he will ever be good enough. He is slightly above our "average level" and that's enough to be one of our key players.

Nicklas

He's been doing great so far, and has achieved a bit of a shooting star status. If he continues on like that, he's destined for greater things longterm
I see, thank you! Heard that he's a very, very likeable character as well and even though he's younger than most of his players he earned the respect in the dressing room really fast with his level of dedication in details.
It's going to be fun following his career.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Given his lack of reputation, age and the fact that he looks like a fourteen year old the guy most have really great charisma/leadership skill for him to have his players so well under control.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Given his lack of reputation, age and the fact that he looks like a fourteen year old the guy most have really great charisma/leadership skill for him to have his players so well under control.
Knowing your shit gets you far in terms of respect. Sheer Aptitude is the most likely explaination.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
If Hamburg is threatened to get relegated, Dortmund always let them win. Surely it'll be the same today? If not, Hamburg fans should be really really worried.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Wow first time on Bayern's half and they score :(

Hoffenheim's trainer looks silly in those clothes..

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
First time I see Hoffenheim this season. Their high pressing and spacing is impressive, but that's common knowledge by now. What I like most is that they are brave in possession, try a constructive passing game against Bayern's pressing and fair quite well. Not many teams do this against Bayern, let alone at the Allianz Arena.

Edit: 1-0 up now!

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
What a quality goal from Hoffenheim! The technique to control that finish :drool:

izec

Aubameyang playing himself in the heart of Mourinho. I like that, dont worry, we will get you of there.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Hardest match of Aubameyang's life! According to the Sky commentator he's now scored 7 league goals more than the entire opposition team this season :lol:

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Is that a different Bayern shirt compared to their normal one or have I been not paying attention at all this season? Looks nice!

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Different. Apparently today we're playing in pajamas made out of recycled ocean waste. Thankfully ocean waste texture seems allergic to displaying the Telekom logo discernibly.
That's why I'm all for wearing those every week.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Is that a different Bayern shirt compared to their normal one or have I been not paying attention at all this season? Looks nice!
They're wearing shirts made of recycled plastic today.
Was on the road, how's it going so far? I can see that Alonso's playing...

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Different. Apparently today we're playing in pyjamas made out of recycled ocean waste.
Yeah, made out of plastic bags collected at the coast of the Maldives or something like that. Great idea in my opinion.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I see Auba has been truly traumatized by his one game suspension :lol::lol::lol:. Perfect Hattrick in less than half an hour.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I see Auba has been truly traumatized by his one game suspension :lol::lol::lol:. Perfect Hattrick in less than half an hour.
To be fair it was probably very hard not to score at least three goals for him.

Yeah, made out of plastic bags collected at the coast of the Maldives or something like that. Great idea in my opinion.
That's a very nice idea. I like it.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Hardest match of Aubameyang's life! According to the Sky commentator he's now scored 7 league goals more than the entire opposition team this season :lol:
He has scored more in this game than the whole Hamburg side did in 10 games this season :lol:.

Balu

Der Fußballgott
Supports
Bayern Munich
Was on the road, how's it going so far? I can see that Alonso's playing...
Well, not so good. Find it more odd that Rafinha and Bernat are starting and Lahm, Kimmich and Alaba are on the bench. No clue what Ancelotti is doing.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Well, not so good. Find it more odd that Rafinha and Bernat are starting and Lahm, Kimmich and Alaba are on the bench. No clue what Ancelotti is doing.
Is Martinez on the bench? Just asking, he won't play midfield either way.