Bundesliga 2016/17

Hammerfell

Calling it a "SPL" isn't exactly respectful. Claiming it's a one team league, when Dortmund chased us longer than any PL team some low-budget squad like Leicester is also a bit weird. Our "SPL" outperformed your league on an international level for quite some time, with a lot less ressources.
Yes, my club has been sominating things quite clearly in the past 4 years, like never before. We benefit from multiple generations of top-class hoemgrown talent, and some fantastic coaches in addition to our wealth. That doesn't take anything away from the fact that our league still offers some high-quality football aside from us being one of the 3 best teams in the world.
That smug attitude of some of you guys trying to sell your league as oh so superior, implying only your league has football worth watching when you have little to back that up other than insane budgets is a little tiring.
And let's have a look how many teams are truly going to compete for the PL this season. My bet: It'll be 2.
Well if anyone knows about smugness, it's you lot. ;)

Celestiale

Yeah, that coefficient table must be a result of dice rolls. That Dortmund thrashed Tottenham and lost the game against Pool more instead of them winning it, is also something you seem to have forgotten.
so you rather compare Dortmund to an English team, that plays it's complete second eleven "B-Elf", instead of comparing it to Liverpool, who actually wanted to go to the next round...fair enough

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Pretty shite when we can't even talk about the game. Mods please sort this out?

Munkehboi

I think it all comes down to how Ancelloti sets up the team and how they will play. Last time Bayern had an "old school" manager, BVB won two back to back titles.

Attila

Supports
Trad Bricks
Yeah, that coefficient table must be a result of dice rolls. That Dortmund thrashed Tottenham and lost the game against Pool more instead of them winning it, is also something you seem to have forgotten.
From what I remember Spurs rested their main players and didn't focus on the Europa league.

Blackwidow

I think it all comes down to how Ancelloti sets up the team and how they will play. Last time Bayern had an "old school" manager, BVB won two back to back titles.
Last time Bayern had an old school teacher Bayern won the treble...

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Obviously not, but as a Hamburg supporter I know exactly what it's like being an absolute joke of a club. It's not like we're doing much better even now. But really this "Werder family" business is just inexplicable. And for a club like Bremen, who are heavily reliant on transfer income, I have no idea why they signed so many "has beens" with the funds this summer window. Who's going to bring them a lot of money in the next few years?
I never actually informed myself particularly well about Werder, but I always wondered why they were so relatively skint even back when they almost routinely participated in CL for a few seasons. They had CL money, they had a well working squad building and transfer strategy for a few seasons there where they managed to sell high and reinvest in players who turned out well again and so on, all the while remaining among the top of the league.

I never quite understood at what point you can get into financial troubles when it's actually working like that. I could see no reason why they had financial troubles when they did. What happened? The stadium just not profitable enough?
I always suspected someone embezzled funds there tbh. And then wasn't there something with Born? It confirmed my suspicions when it became public back then, but then nothing followed.

slig

Leave Klopp alone!!!
Supports
BVB 09
it's quite incredible how many times he gets away with clear fouls
Its a privilege of all Bayern players in the league. Thats not enough, a few days ago Rolex-Kalle said players like Ribery need "protection". Does they reach a new level of sarcasm this year? We will see, the Bundesliga is still exciting.

^^

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Its a privilege of all Bayern players in the league. Thats not enough, a few days ago Rolex-Kalle said players like Ribery need "protection". Does they reach a new level of sarcasm this year? We will see, the Bundesliga is still exciting.

^^
I can stop you right there, I do NOT have the power to rename this thread title if that's what you're angling for again

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Of course is a league with so many sugar daddys which can use unlimited amounts of money more competitive than a league where all clubs are actually working very hard for their money.

Without the likes of Abramovic and the Sheiks of City, United would probably be as dominant in England with Arsenal beeing the Dortmundesque challenger.

Well yeah i can life with a league where other teams are more dominant than others, as long as its not plastique. Besides this all, i think Bayern would dominate the BPL aswell.
The sugar daddy teams don't actually do well though look where Chelsea finished last year look at city they just scraped 4th place

It's so obvious Bayern will win bundesliga, the season was over before it began. I'll be shocked if Bayern actually lose any league games this season

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
The sugar daddy teams don't actually do well though look where Chelsea finished last year look at city they just scraped 4th place

It's so obvious Bayern will win bundesliga, the season was over before it began. I'll be shocked if Bayern actually lose any league games this season
An unbeaten team has never happened in the Bundesliga. Of course, same can't be said for the Premier League.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
We just played the easiest game of the season. It doesn't get easier than playing Werder at home.
It's not as granted as most people think. Dortmund trailed us by 5 points until the second to last matchday, when they shifted their focus for the cup competitions(and look where that got 'em, idiots).
They are extremely hungry, and have a deeper squad than we do. They are perfectly capable of dismantling any other team than us, and even we have to fight for our lives when playing them. If we show any hint of complacency, they'll be there.
Carlo is not as relentless as Pep, who kicked our players butts non-stop. I wouldn't recommend taking a mortgage for a Bayern win this year.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
The insecurity of Bayern fans regarding the Bundesliga is embarrassing.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
The insecurity of Bayern fans regarding the Bundesliga is embarrassing.
Oh please.. every time Bayern sign a player or win a game 5-10 intelligent people come into this thread to post "LOL THE LEAGUE IS OVER!!! LOL".

Last season Dortmund got the closest to the title since 11/12 and Ancelotti as a coach isn't exactly known for his team's league dominance, so there seems to be a realistic chance for a close(r) title fight this year. Yet that doesn't stop the same nonsense post as always popping up, triggered by the most foreseeable win possible. Because those people obviously don't let a lack of knowledge stop them from acting like experts..

Bet365 odds before the match:
Draw 10, Bremen win 23, over2.5 1.3

No one who has even a remote understanding of whats going on in the league would draw any conclusion from this match other than that Bremen are probably in deep trouble this season.

Last edited:

Gilgamesh

Supports
Bayern, and others
I am not really a PL fanboy but I believe it's true that BL will be pretty boring this year too. Only hope for other teams(Dortmund) is that Ancelotti isn't really greatest manager in terms of league competitions, and that Bayern will probably do anything to win CL this year, even if it means resting players in important matches in BL, IMO.
As a Bayern fan, I can assure you that I have put my money already on Dortmund and Schalke. Of course it provided good odds, but anyway I'm sure that this year it won't be Bayern to win the league. Dortmund was already superior at the Super Cup -- more than the years before and although the result didn't show it. As for Schalke, they have for the first time in my memory actually a group of sane people in charge. And last but not least, Ancelotti's style looks to me much better suited for winning a tournament (i.e. CL) than winning the league.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Schalke will have nothing to do with the title this season, they are still at square one, both in terms of squad building and tactics. Leverkusen on the other hand would look like a decent dark horse on paper if they weren't Leverkusen.

ChaddyP

Schalke will have nothing to do with the title this season, they are still at square one, both in terms of squad building and tactics. Leverkusen on the other hand would look like a decent dark horse on paper if they weren't Leverkusen.
the Germanic Spurs

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
As a Bayern fan, I can assure you that I have put my money already on Dortmund and Schalke.
I'll send you my bank account number. Trust me, that's the better investment. Schalke will end up 5th or 6th. I don't see Weinzierl being an outstanding coach, and squadwise, Gladbach and Leverkusen are definitely ahead of them.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
As a Bayern fan, I can assure you that I have put my money already on Dortmund and Schalke. Of course it provided good odds, but anyway I'm sure that this year it won't be Bayern to win the league. Dortmund was already superior at the Super Cup -- more than the years before and although the result didn't show it. As for Schalke, they have for the first time in my memory actually a group of sane people in charge. And last but not least, Ancelotti's style looks to me much better suited for winning a tournament (i.e. CL) than winning the league.
If Ancelotti allows Schalke to win the league then he should just quit football.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
That's perfectly fine. If Leicester is the measure, I guess all we poor people supporting boring leagues can live pretty well with the football we have to watch.
Hold it. There's been enough thread shitting already. No need to re-ignite

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
What is the expectation for Leipzig, mid table?
Mid table or worse. Their DoF has an extreme youth fetish, and thinks he can rock the league with a U23 team. I can easily see that going southwards.

Wade3

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh please.. every time Bayern sign a player or win a game 5-10 intelligent people come into this thread to post "LOL THE LEAGUE IS OVER!!! LOL".

Last season Dortmund got the closest to the title since 11/12 and Ancelotti as a coach isn't exactly known for his team's league dominance, so there seems to be a realistic chance for a close(r) title fight this year. Yet that doesn't stop the same nonsense post as always popping up, triggered by the most foreseeable win possible. Because those people obviously don't let a lack of knowledge stop them from acting like experts..

Bet365 odds before the match:
Draw 10, Bremen win 23, over2.5 1.3

No one who has even a remote understanding of whats going on in the league would draw any conclusion from this match other than that Bremen are probably in deep trouble this season.
This is just it, there's no need to overreact to such statements. Just look at it from an outsider' perspective: A team has won the domestic title for four years in a row, which is pretty rare. Three of those four years, they even dominated their league. Now, under a new manager, they don't just win their opening game but completely annihilate a team. Of course such a joke or perhaps even serious statement is gonna be made.

I know plenty of people who, up until a few years ago, called La Liga a two-trick pony.

I see a Bayern fan in here who claims the PL is only balanced due to the sugar daddy clubs, which is incredibly wrong.

My point is, outsides often don't have a very informed opinion about a league, hence their statements are not to be taken seriously.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
My point is, outsides often don't have a very informed opinion about a league, hence their statements are not to be taken seriously.
The thing is, this isn't exactly a new occurance. And it's not just joking, it always comes with the propagation as a so-called fact, and condescending pitying as if it's an act of stupidity to enjoy our league.
You're right in the that regard, that these posters should be ignored, but we are all humans and allow us sometimes to get it on to us.

Celestiale

The thing is, this isn't exactly a new occurance. And it's not just joking, it always comes with the propagation as a so-called fact, and condescending pitying as if it's an act of stupidity to enjoy our league.
You're right in the that regard, that these posters should be ignored, but we are all humans and allow us sometimes to get it on to us.
Problem is, that often the same (German) people who feel attacked by this type of behavior and statements are saying the same about the likes of Russia aka "He ended his career with that move" or other nonsense, when a player moves to the Russian league, or something comparable (Turkey, etc.) Not saying everybody does, but a lot of them are out there..
In my opinion it's completely valid to enjoy every league, be it the Prem, be it the Estonian second division...

krazyrobus

I wish people would take the league comparisons to some league comparison threads, they are so fecking tiring when people spout the same shit in the Bundesliga and La Liga threads.

On to the match, Werder Bremen were crazy bad defensively. It could have been 8 or 9.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
The problem is acute in Bundesliga, at least La Liga has Real and Atletico as a counter-balance. Bayern have no competition, and just buy out the best players in the league.
Like whom again in the past 4 years? Lewandowski, Götze and Hummels right? Disgrace! You know, Thiago, Robben, Ribéry, Boateng etc. all played in the BL before.
Seriously, I know we are in a strong position and we profit from the fact that Germans like to stay in Germany, but this is BS

Edit: all of whom would have left Dortmund anyways. On of them is our academy product.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Like whom again in the past 4 years? Lewandowski, Götze and Hummels right? Disgrace! You know, Thiago, Robben, Ribéry, Boateng etc. all played in the BL before.
Seriously, I know we are in a strong position and we profit from the fact that Germans like to stay in Germany, but this is BS

Edit: all of whom would have left Dortmund anyways. On of them is our academy product.
Plus Dortmund got Gotze back and Rode. So it so of worked like an American sports type trade.