Bundesliga 2016/17

VorZakone

What would Kenny G do?
So many absent players for Dortmund what the hell. So many youngsters can't be good, I can see Dortmund wasting points today.

NYAS

Was really looking forward to seeing Dembele from the start. Disappointing.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Dembele's injured afaik
The international break took out a few players

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
What a hilarious offside call. And the commentator has the gall to say that it's "maybe" something the ref could be criticized for... maybe!

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Ok, if Sky actually wants to milk this whole foul story that much (pointing out the statistic after every foul), they at least should count it correctly...

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Shoot, Pulisic, ffs. And the next hilariously poor offside call...

NYAS

Weigl is so good. Not just his passing, the general composure, positional discipline and movement and awareness are all outstanding for someone his age.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Fantastic pass and Stocker blasts it to hell. Embarrassing shot attempt.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Guerreiro, Dembele, Sokratis, Castro, Reus, Subotic, Durm, Schürrle, Ramos, Piszczek, Bender... did I miss anyone?

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Guerreiro, Dembele, Sokratis, Castro, Reus, Subotic, Durm, Schürrle, Ramos, Piszczek, Bender... did I miss anyone?
Dembele's on the bench...and Hertha are missing Darida, Lustenberger, Pekarik, Duda, Schieber...that's a pretty comparable situation considering they're operating on a much smaller budget and find it much more difficult to replace quality players.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Dembele's on the bench...and Hertha are missing Darida, Lustenberger, Pekarik, Duda, Schieber...that's a pretty comparable situation considering they're operating on a much smaller budget and find it much more difficult to replace quality players.
Dembele's on the bench because he got a knock with the french U21.
Also: My post was an answer to Hugh's question, it had nothing to do with Hertha. I don't care which team has it tougher.

izec

Dortmund only 2 shots and zero on target? Must be their worst game of the season output wise so far.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Dembele's on the bench because he got a knock with the french U21.
Also: My post was an answer to Hugh's question, it had nothing to do with Hertha. I don't care which team has it tougher.
Don't you think Dembele would play if it was a more important match? Feels like Tuchel wanted to use the opportunity to let Mor get some playing time...

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
That would be true if football would be entirely played on paper and only individual quality would determine the winner.

Thing is, that Berlin miss three consistent starters (a RB and two midfielder) while we miss six (3/4 of the defense line, both wide midfield players and a CM) and field an extremely inexprerinced team with barely enoung time to actually come together in training let alone real matches.

Berlin´s strength comes from their unity and understanding on the pitch, simply a welll organized side. We miss out exactly in these departments, which makes it far too easy for Berlin to contain and pressure us. We also don´t take enough risks in the offense as the creative player dont seem to really trust the defensive unit.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Thing is, that Berlin miss three consistent starters (a RB and two midfielder) while we miss six (3/4 of the defense line, both wide midfield players and a CM) and field an extremely inexprerinced team with barely enoung time to actually come together in training let alone real matches.
Duda would be a starter as well so we're missing four starters, five if you count Kalou who has been missing the entire start of the season because of two deaths in his family...I agree with the rest of your post though. I guess Hertha's advantage is that some of these players have been missing for a while so they've had time to adapt. One could also argue that it's easier to play a defensive game whereas BVB has to break down a wall...even more so now that we've taken the lead.

Reddevilboy

Supports
Brexit
That will be 2 losses in a row for Dortmund. :( just when I thought they can finally win the title back from Bayern Munich.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
And thats the last of the starting defense going out injured....

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
When nearly all key players are missing, the remaining ones need to step it up. Terrible game by Auba, although it was not even a pen.