Bundesliga 2017/18

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Just Hamburg: Playing against 10 man since the 18th minute and are losing 2:0 against Osnabrück. Third league.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Why i am not surprised by Hamburg?
Cause they are not winning. :D

Classic Hamburg. Unusually not one major upset and only one minor upset, until HSV goes down to a 19th placed 3rd division team, while playing 11 vs. 10 for 70 minutes. :lol:

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Hannover, Leipzig, Bochum, Ingolstadt, Gr. Furth, Wolfsburg, Osnabruck (Hamburg are out) and Schweinfurt are through.

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
It's clear now: HSV has been a long term Jan Böhmermann project for at least 5 years.

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Meanwhile Stuttgart is down 2:0 in Cottbus....which might be even more embarassing as Cottbus is currently a 4th league team.

Peanut Butter

Currently watching the Chemical Brothers v Bayern.

Why do all German crowds sound exactly the same?

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Just realised Ingolstadt got relegated. I remember getting all kinds of grief of people early on in the season when I said they were a bit shit. Apparently I didn't know what I was talking about. Good stuff.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Who said that? Everyone knew they were shit. #1 favorite to finish last
Several people. They claimed I should watch more games because they're a difficult side to play against and the table was lying. It was pretty early on in the season but seemed obvious they'd struggle. I was apparently mad for suggesting it. /shrugs

Anyway, new season, new discussion. Any new young players to keep an eye on this year? Is Akkaynak going to break through at Leverkusen? Hoogma at Hoffenheim is worth keeping an eye out for, he was impressive for Heracles last year imo. Hamburger have a few good lads too. Felix Uduokhai at Wolfsburg should get some playing time. Those are the only ones I know much about apart from Danso at Augsburg and Knothe at Eintracht Frankfurt.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Just realised Ingolstadt got relegated. I remember getting all kinds of grief of people early on in the season when I said they were a bit shit. Apparently I didn't know what I was talking about. Good stuff.
So you "prove" you know what you're talking about by realizing they got relegated three months after season end. Good stuff.

Ingolstadt weren't a shit team, they played some decent football, just couldn't translate that into results:

Did well in Munich (13:10 shots on goal in their favour) - Bayern were too efficient.
Drew Dortmund at home after leading by two goals twice, conceding a last minute equalizer.
Gave Leipzig their first loss of the season.
Won in Leverkusen.
Stoppage time loss in Schalke.
Stoppage time loss at home against Bayern.
14:10 shots in Dortmund, losing 1:0 in the end - again because of efficiency.
Drew in Leipzig.
Drew in Leverkusen.
Drew at home against Schalke.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
So you "prove" you know what you're talking about by realizing they got relegated three months after season end. Good stuff.

Ingolstadt weren't a shit team, they played decent football, just couldn't translate that into results:

Did well in Munich (13:10 shots on goal in their favour) - Bayern were too efficient.
Drew Dortmund at home after leading by two goals twice, conceding a last minute equalizer.
Gave Leipzig their first loss of the season.
Won in Leverkusen.
Stoppage time loss in Schalke.
Stoppage time loss at home against Bayern.
14:10 shots in Dortmund, losing 1:0 in the end - again because of efficiency.
Drew in Leipzig.
Drew in Leverkusen.
Drew at home against Schalke.
Lost interest in Bundesliga last year, followed Serie A and Eredivisie instead. Going back to Bundesliga this year. fwiw, I seem to recall you made the exact same argument for Ingolstadt near the start of the season. Yet they got relegated... so yeah. Good stuff.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Lost interest in Bundesliga last year, followed Serie A and Eredivisie instead. Going back to Bundesliga this year. fwiw, I seem to recall you made the exact same argument for Ingolstadt near the start of the season. Yet they got relegated... so yeah. Good stuff.
Well if your evaluation of a team doesn't go bast glancing at the table then you don't really need a forum, because there is nothing to talk about.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Well if your evaluation of a team doesn't go bast glancing at the table then you don't really need a forum, because there is nothing to talk about.
You just listed them having some ok results against some of the better teams as a way of proving they weren't shit. But they still got relegated which means they dropped points against the poorer clubs in Bundesliga and they finished 5 points behind 16th. I don't quite understand your point? Were they a good team that managed to be unlucky for the entire season. Or were they simply a club that did ok against some of the better sides but couldn't raise their game to beat the worse clubs in the league? Ultimately, you were proven wrong. They were a poor side and got relegated by a clear margin.

I'm just surprised they didn't sack their Manager. Are Germans less trigger happy with Management sackings than we are in England?

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
You just listed them having some ok results against some of the better teams as a way of proving they weren't shit. But they still got relegated which means they dropped points against the poorer clubs in Bundesliga and they finished 5 points behind 16th. I don't quite understand your point? Were they a good team that managed to be unlucky for the entire season. Or were they simply a club that did ok against some of the better sides but couldn't raise their game to beat the worse clubs in the league? Ultimately, you were proven wrong. They were a poor side and got relegated by a clear margin.

I'm just surprised they didn't sack their Manager. Are Germans less trigger happy with Management sackings than we are in England?
They got relegated because their top scorer was their CM with 7 goals. Their chance conversion was shit all season long. But that doesn't mean that the team as a whole was playing like shit, especially not if you factor in finances. Hence their coach surviving the season.
Predicting that Ingolstadt would go down wasn't exactly rocket science. Along with Darmstadt they were the most obvious candidate by quite a margin.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
According to several media (Bild, WAZ) Toljan's switch from Hoffenheim to Dortmund is all but done. Bild estimate the fee to be around €5m.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Wtf. That would be very small money.
First of all was he even a safe starter for them? I don't think so. And secondly his contract expires next summer and according to some paper I can't remember he was set to leave then anyway.
€5m still seems to be on the low side, but addons might make up for that or it's simply Bild not being that well informed.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Bayern Mun
  • 26Ulreich
  • 32Kimmich
  • 4Süle
  • 5Hummels
  • 27Alaba
  • 24Tolisso
  • 19Rudy
  • 23Vidal
  • 25Müller
  • 9Lewandowski
  • 7Ribéry
Substitutes
  • 10Robben
  • 13Rafinha
  • 29Coman
  • 34Friedl
  • 35Renato Sanches
  • 36Früchtl
  • 41Pantovic
Bayer Levkn
  • 1Leno
  • 39Henrichs
  • 4Tah
  • 5Bender
  • 18Wendell
  • 38Bellarabi
  • 21Kohr
  • 20Aránguiz
  • 9Bailey
  • 14Mehmedi
  • 31Volland
Substitutes
  • 6Dragovic
  • 10Brandt
  • 15Baumgartlinger
  • 17Pohjanpalo
  • 22Yurchenko
  • 28Özcan
  • 44Kampl

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Bayern Mun
  • 26Ulreich
  • 32Kimmich
  • 4Süle
  • 5Hummels
  • 27Alaba
  • 24Tolisso
  • 19Rudy
  • 23Vidal
  • 25Müller
  • 9Lewandowski
  • 7Ribéry
Substitutes
  • 10Robben
  • 13Rafinha
  • 29Coman
  • 34Friedl
  • 35Renato Sanches
  • 36Früchtl
  • 41Pantovic
Bayer Levkn
  • 1Leno
  • 39Henrichs
  • 4Tah
  • 5Bender
  • 18Wendell
  • 38Bellarabi
  • 21Kohr
  • 20Aránguiz
  • 9Bailey
  • 14Mehmedi
  • 31Volland
Substitutes
  • 6Dragovic
  • 10Brandt
  • 15Baumgartlinger
  • 17Pohjanpalo
  • 22Yurchenko
  • 28Özcan
  • 44Kampl
Brandt on the bench?

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Nice early impressions from Kimmich and Tolisso.

Ref starts by carding the wrong guy. Kohr didn't do much there.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Annnnnnd it's our new guys Rudy and Süle who open the scoring! :D