Bundesliga 2017/18

Peanut Butter

How many titles are Bayern going to win in a row?

What's the European record?
Boring as feck isn't it?

Saw that Dortmund v Bayern was on and didn't even get excited as I knew what would happen.

German fans must get sick of it? Or don't they care?

I love the atmosphere at German games though - puts ours to shame.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
Boring as feck isn't it?

Saw that Dortmund v Bayern was on and didn't even get excited as I knew what would happen.

Depends. Bayern fans love it. Everyone else hates them, pretty much.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
The Bundesliga needs some serious sugardaddies to challenge the monopoly, but due to their limited exposure I don't think it will happen.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Boring as feck isn't it?

With a competent manager, Dortmund would have won it this year. Hope the sack Bosz now, what a waste of a manager.

Djemba-Djemba

Boring as feck isn't it?

Aye.

There's so much about the German league that is great but the fact it's just so boringly one sided ruins it for me. I mean they really could win 10 titles in a row, maybe more who knows. We've seen in Europe this season the Bundesliga is struggling.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Did, indeed he hasnt done well with Dortmund. He is a bit unlucky with injuries and missing chances and doesnt have a plan B/stubborn, that mixture will get him sacked soon. Wouldnt call him a fraud myself but he does need to get rid of his byforce Guardiola copy.
So he's a bit like de Bore?

SwansonsTache

"Limited exposure"? The sheiks have bought PSG for crying it out loud. No, that's not the issue. It's just forbidden in Germany to have sugardaddies.
Yeah you are right, they have. Also the domestic market in Germany should be big enough for an investment.

How is sugardaddies forbidden in Germany? Couldn't a sugardaddy own a club through his company like RB Leipzig for example?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München

They care about the teams they support. Why would it be so important for a supporter of Mainz, Leverkusen or Gladbach if Bayern or Dortmund wins the championship?

Djemba-Djemba

"Limited exposure"? The sheiks have bought PSG for crying it out loud. No, that's not the issue. It's just forbidden in Germany to have sugardaddies.
As much as I don't like clubs like City and PSG , that's the only way we're going to see any competition in Germany for the foreseeable future.

It will eventually hurt Bayern being so dominant.

ti vu

With a competent manager, Dortmund would have won it this year. Hope the sack Bosz now, what a waste of a manager.
It's that bad when Bayern supporter can feel bad for Dortmund, it's sackable offense.

So he's a bit like de Bore?
At least De Boe could win Dutch league.

Bosz as far as I see only have nicer style to boast about, which as the cost of being tactical naive.

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Yeah you are right, they have. Also the domestic market in Germany should be big enough for an investment.

How is sugardaddies forbidden in Germany? Couldn't a sugardaddy own a club through his company like RB Leipzig for example?
50+1 rule, investors are only allowed to hold 49% of a club. I think officially Leipzig is only sponsored by red bull, or was that Salzburg? What RB did doesn't really work with established clubs, so it won't be interesting for most investors.

Peanut Butter

They care about the teams they support. Why would it be so important for a supporter of Mainz, Leverkusen or Gladbach if Bayern or Dortmund wins the championship?
Well, I know fans of teams like Southampton that were glad when Chelsea, City etc came along because it made the league more interesting.

NO neutral fan wants to see ONE team constantly dominating the league and hoovering up every good player.

Ironically, Bundesliga would be one of the best (interesting) leagues around without Bayern in there!

As things stand, the Bundesliga is the SPL with lots more sausages.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
It's that bad when Bayern supporter can feel bad for Dortmund, it's sackable offense.

At least De Boe could win Dutch league.

Bosz as far as I see only have nicer style to boast about, which as the cost of being tactical naive.
De Boer had far more quality though and worse competition. Bosz did very well since he got the ground running after a tough start.

ThanhlongTDK

Supports
Dortmund
fecking Bosz is a disgrace of managers.

Force Weigl to play up high and join the attack in order to make him useless, use high line against every opponents and build-up úaing the CBs and just ignore the CM by pushing them up high. What the feck is that ?

Djemba-Djemba

What is mad too is that it wasn't that long ago that the Bundesliga was incredibly competitive.

Bremen and Wolfsburg and Stuttgart winning titles.

Bayern were still the dominant team of course but it wasn't anywhere near as unrelenting as this.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
What is mad too is that it wasn't that long ago that the Bundesliga was incredibly competitive.

Bremen and Wolfsburg and Stuttgart winning titles.

Bayern were still the dominant team of course but it wasn't anywhere near as unrelenting as this.
Bayern became a machine under Guardiola in the BuLi and so far haven’t lost enough of that attitude for others to profit.

SwansonsTache

Bayern became a machine under Guardiola in the BuLi and so far haven’t lost enough of that attitude for others to profit.
It also helps to have absolute free access to all other teams best players. Imagine if we could snipe Eriksen, Mane, Hazard, KDB etc.

As soon as someone shows exceptional talent for any club in Germany Bayern will swoop them up, most often on the cheap as well.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München

Easy: a club has to always own 51% of it's shares. So you can't sell your club. What RB did took a lot of dedication, because they found a loophole. A loophole which took years and years to exploit. Basically, you have to start down in 5th or 6th league, because there the DfB doesn't have a say anymore but the local confederations. That's what Red Bull did, they took over Markranstädt in 5th league and changed the club name and everything. Then, they started making their way up. They still don't own 51%+ of the club, but starting down there meant they could make sure it would be basically impossible to become a member of the club. I think currently, they have like 10 members or something, all RB employees, so they control the club this way.

Who would they get to replace him?
Good question, no idea.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
It also helps to have absolute free access to all other teams best players. Imagine if we could snipe Eriksen, Mane, Hazard, KDB etc.

As soon as someone shows exceptional talent for any club in Germany Bayern will swoop them up, most often on the cheap as well.
That just isn't true. We got some, yeah. But we also lost some. KDB, just as an example.

Scarecrow

Having a week off
50+1 rule, investors are only allowed to hold 49% of a club. I think officially Leipzig is only sponsored by red bull, or was that Salzburg? What RB did doesn't really work with established clubs, so it won't be interesting for most investors.
No, I think they just restrict memberships to the point where only Red Bull employees or agents are given such. They're the "fans" in that case.

For all the rule bending they've done, RB are hardly your typical sugardaddy though. One could argue they're doing more good than harm to the Bundesliga.

SwansonsTache

That just isn't true. We got some, yeah. But we also lost some. KDB, just as an example.
The only thing that can stop you getting a player is someone with fatter pockets from another league swooping in, like they did with KDB.

If you want someone from another club in your league then you will get them, without exception.