Bundesliga 2017/18

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Koln 2 up.
Seems besides all their injury problems and the Modeste loss, that Cologne sucked, because their coach didn´t want to be there and the players knew it. Probably a great example of Cologne being too stubborn for their own good.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Not sure where else to put it, although I think the Bundesliga fans on here probably know him best but Paolo Guerrero will miss the World Cup after testing positive for cocaine.

What a waste, he was one of the main reasons I was glad Peru qualified and we could see him on the big stage again after his CWC heroics for Corinthians.
Don’t think any Bundesliga fans will be sad about this. He’s a scumbag.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah... the only thing people remember him for is throwing water bottles at fans and his 30m sprint to lunge into Ulreich's knee.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Yeah... the only thing people remember him for is throwing water bottles at fans and his 30m sprint to lunge into Ulreich's knee.
Have you seen that hilarious video where he parked his Porsch on a parking space for the disabled and when people told him he jut laughed, reved the engine a few times and got out? :lol: He really isn’t that smart.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I completely missed that, but it fits the general picture I have about him.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
3-0 up after 30mins and go on to lose 4-3.
Really?!:lol:

I watched it up to half time, checked again at 80 minutes and saw Freiburg had pulled another back so though they might nick a draw.

Koln is done. Big win for Freiburg that. Hopefully Hamburg will finally get that second automatic relegation spot they've somehow escaped at various points over last five years.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
thanks, thanks, although I have to admit that I'm just a sympathizer, not an actual fan. I moved here so I am content when Cologne does well and the people generally are in a better mood, but if they lose, I'm not that heartbroken. If the team I support would lose under those circumstances, I'd smash my tv for sure.

really? That did actually happen? Sounds awesome, do you have a link? A quick google on my part didn't find it
https://www.google.de/amp/s/amp.mop...peinlichen-pannen-des-paolo-guerrero-29266124

Edit, damn, not a video as well. But there was one for sure. Maybe it got deleted.

Blackwidow

He might be. But Chelsea did not win the FIFA Club World Cup 2013 because of him :cool:

And he is someone who seems to excel in Cup matches. He is (or atleast was) never the guy to consistently be good. Probably does not live the life for it. That was already his problem at Bayern.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I still don‘t understand why he attacked like that.

Hojoon

Not sure where else to put it, although I think the Bundesliga fans on here probably know him best but Paolo Guerrero will miss the World Cup after testing positive for cocaine.

What a waste, he was one of the main reasons I was glad Peru qualified and we could see him on the big stage again after his CWC heroics for Corinthians.
Not surprised, he looked like a prime Drogba but even faster every time I've seen Peru the past couple of years.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
no problem, thanks for looking for it anyway. Guy's an idiot. Still find it harshto be banned because of cocaine, can it be used as some kind of doping or is this ban justified by a zero tolerance illegal drugs policy?
You feel less pain, more endurance...there’s a lot of reasons to take opiods in sports. In his case though, I suspect he snorted it off a hookers butt while drunk after watching Wolf of Wallstreet.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
The one thing I like about RBL is their investment in young talent. But, the weakness in that strategy is they have to rely on Konate as the third CB. He is not ready for this level at all and RBL struggle when he is playing.

herbert

The one thing I like about RBL is their investment in young talent.
This is not RBL's strategy and there is very little to like about.
This is Rangnick's strategy. He did it before with Hoffenheim.
The strategy is to convince your sugar daddy to spend enormous amounts on young talents to blow the competition out off the water and potentially sell those players later on with a profit.
He famously did it with Hoffenheim in 2007 when Hoffenheim (2nd league then) spent a frivolous amount of money on three talents who were clearly too good for the league, including Demba Ba.
Another director of football would have convinced RBL's sugar daddy to buy guys like Pepe, Quaresma or what not.
Would most likely have resulted in the same kind of good performances on the pitch.
I can't see how financially outmuscling your opponents becomes more "likeable" just because you buy young players.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
This is not RBL's strategy and there is very little to like about.
This is Rangnick's strategy. He did it before with Hoffenheim.
The strategy is to convince your sugar daddy to spend enormous amounts on young talents to blow the competition out off the water and potentially sell those players later on with a profit.
He famously did it with Hoffenheim in 2007 when Hoffenheim (2nd league then) spent a frivolous amount of money on three talents who were clearly too good for the league, including Demba Ba.
Another director of football would have convinced RBL's sugar daddy to buy guys like Pepe, Quaresma or what not.
Would most likely have resulted in the same kind of good performances on the pitch.
I can't see how financially outmuscling your opponents becomes more "likeable" just because you buy young players.
Rangnicks strategy is Leipzigs staretgy though at this point. There's no denying it.
They have given a lot of people chances they wouldn't have gotten elsewhere: Halstenberg, Klostermann and Orban for example.

herbert

They have given a lot of people chances they wouldn't have gotten elsewhere: Halstenberg, Klostermann and Orban for example.
Based on what?
Most Bundesliga clubs are more than willing to give youth a chance. Are you trying to say that guys like Klostermann wouldn't start for Freiburg or Mainz?
The reason they are lining up for Leipzig is money. Not sure why I should think that that is "likeable".

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Based on what?
Most Bundesliga clubs are more than willing to give youth a chance. Are you trying to say that guys like Klostermann wouldn't start for Freiburg or Mainz?
The reason they are lining up for Leipzig is money. Not sure why I should think that that is "likeable".
And I'm not sure what your point is. Buying those guys for the grand total of 3 million € and getting them all near the national team is impressive in a way, and surely not "outmusceling" anyone financially.

New member rules, urf.

herbert

And I'm not sure what your point is. Buying those guys for the grand total of 3 million € and getting them all near the national team is impressive in a way, and surely not "outmusceling" anyone financially.

New member rules, urf.
Sure, because transfer fees (especially when it comes to young players) are the whole story.
3,000 posts in four years. Urf. Get a life.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Horrendous use of VAR in the Freiburg- 'Gladbach game.

Nils Pietersen in the penalty area falls over. Ref waves away appeal. Two more minutes elapse and suddenly there's a stoppage and he gives a penalty. :lol:

Replay then shows Pietersen tripped himself.:rolleyes:

I support VAR but it's got to be more properly used than this.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
Horrendous use of VAR in the Freiburg- 'Gladbach game.

Nils Pietersen in the penalty area falls over. Ref waves away appeal. Two more minutes elapse and suddenly there's a stoppage and he gives a penalty. :lol:

Replay then shows Pietersen tripped himself.:rolleyes:

I support VAR but it's got to be more properly used than this.
There was a minimal contact that caused Petersen to trip himself, but how in the world the ref can overrule that without being adviced to have a look at the video himself is ridiculous. Gladbach must be in love with VAR after the bullcrap of last week.

Seriously I think a board of 10 year olds could operate VAR more logically and consistently than the Bundesliga.

JustFootballFan

Supports
Liverpool
The only excuse to have Drmic and Bobadilla as your strikers is playing in the 2nd Bundesliga. What a catastrophe for Gladbach. They still have far too many points to fire their inept coach.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
2-0 Dortmund. Nice work from Auba to play in Kagawa.
LOL at the one Mainz player throwing his arm up to signal offside at Aubameyang's pass, when 3 of his teammates are standing in goal hoping to block a shot

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The only excuse to have Drmic and Bobadilla as your strikers is playing in the 2nd Bundesliga. What a catastrophe for Gladbach. They still have far too many points to fire their inept coach.
Wasn't Drmic highly rated not long ago? Sure he was getting linked to some decent premier league clubs when he was at Leverkusen and then he got a bad injury.

In other news.....Hamburg is going.

Maybe.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I think that's a bit harsh. Gladbach's first choice attackers are Raffael and Stindl, quite a good duo for a club their size. Bobadilla is a decent role player and Drmic is probably only at the club because he got injured when it was his time to be sold.

It took Stöger one match to equal his points tally from his Cologne days.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
Wasn't Drmic highly rated not long ago? Sure he was getting linked to some decent premier league clubs when he was at Leverkusen and then he got a bad injury.

In other news.....Hamburg is going.

Maybe.
Drmic had one good season at Nuremburg and then failed at Leverkusen, Gladbach and Hamburg.