Bundesliga 2017/18

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Not really impressed from Bayern. I remember when they used to keep going after taking the lead, now they just want to control it and play it safe.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Not really impressed from Bayern. I remember when they used to keep going after taking the lead, now they just want to control it and play it safe.
It was an away game and Leverkusen was actually threatening over stretches of the match, especially after the 2-1. No complaints from my side, I think we'd be ready for Arsenal again. ^^

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Aubameyang cut from today's matchday squad for disciplinary reasons.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
If there is an assault on the VAR centre Gladbach (fans) will be the prime suspects. Another clear-cut penalty denied, despite VAR. :wenger:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If there is an assault on the VAR centre Gladbach (fans) will be the prime suspects. Another clear-cut penalty denied, despite VAR. :wenger:
I'm not sure how clear cut it really was since the contact was made way after the shot was released - afaik it's not necessarily a foul in that context.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund

Sancho and Isak both with their starting XI debut :eek:

Bürki - Piszczek, Sokratis, Toprak, Toljan - Weigl - Götze, Kagawa- Yarmolenko, Isak, Sancho
433/4123

And Cologne preserving their tiny bit of hope with a 90+5 winner from Terodde in his first match after returning to Cologne.

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
I'm not sure how clear cut it really was since the contact was made way after the shot was released - afaik it's not necessarily a foul in that context.
Half of the fouls in football are two players going for the ball, one coming too late, missing the ball and hitting the player. Are you saying, if he tried to pass it, it´s a foul? It´s a foul and dangerous play on top of it.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
never heard about such rule to be honest, I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter at all whether you're still in possession or not
Half of the fouls in football are two players going for the ball, one coming too late, missing the ball and hitting the player. Are you saying, if he tried to pass it, it´s a foul? It´s a foul and dangerous play on top of it.
Apparently it's a convention among refs, but it hasn't been formalized into any written rule. It's application is quite common though when for example a player tries to block a cross/shot and then makes contact after it has been released. It's not a golden ticket to kick your opponent of course..

Watzke and Zorc are clowns :lol:
Why?

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Sancho is genuinely one of the most talented youngsters around. Love the fact that him and Isak are starting.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Yes he's woeful.

That's the problem with being Soviet players. They look good in their own leagues but struggle to settle in different and better competitions. Konoplaynka was similar at Schalke and Sevilla.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I know a lot of Dortmund fans don't rate Schurrle but surely with his experience he should be starting upfront given their issues there? Can hold it up with his back to goal and link play and chips in with goals.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Yarmolenko is wank.

Who is that black midfielder with the good pass on him for Wolfsburg?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How'd Sancho do, nearly score?
Interesting debut. Showed good awareness and was confidently involved in Dortmund's attacking moves and also tracked back well in the second half when Wolfsburg were having good spells.

In the box he reminded me of Sterling before this major goalscoring season, plenty of rushed shots and not the best shooting technique.

Still not bad for his first start. Isak was anonymous.

Classical Mechanic

Interesting debut. Showed good awareness and was confidently involved in Dortmund's attacking moves and also tracked back well in the second half when Wolfsburg were having good spells.

In the box he reminded me of Sterling before this major goalscoring season, plenty of rushed shots and not the best shooting technique.

Still not bad for his first start. Isak was anonymous.
He is a good finisher, better than Sterling. Think it will take him a little while to get up to speed with senior football though.

Munkehboi

Dont think the Kalou's shot had enough power to trickle over the line tbh. That Berlin pitch is horrible. Ball is bobbling about all over.

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Dortmund are lucky the league bar Bayern are really poor, otherwise they would struggle to qualify to the Champions League next season.

They don't have a bad squad at all, but they just don't work well together.