Bundesliga 2017/18

schwalbe

Supports
Fc Bayern München
Have you actually seen such a shootout once? I did yesterday, for the first time. It's absolutely awful. Completely destroys pen shootouts. Words cannot describe wht a terrible idea this is.
No, haven't seen one but as long as it's more fair than the old version i'm fine with it.

zee.robs

Supports
not really fan of specificteam
Have you actually seen such a shootout once? I did yesterday, for the first time. It's absolutely awful. Completely destroys pen shootouts. Words cannot describe wht a terrible idea this is.
Haven't seen it. Why is it awful? To me it sounds like a good idea, if it helps in reducing bias.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Haven't seen it. Why is it awful? To me it sounds like a good idea, if it helps in reducing bias.
Destroys the characteristic tension of pen shootouts.
I've never in my life watched a penalty shootout that was not nerve wrecking, even if I didn't care at all for the teams who played. Random game, some women teams where I'm not invested, not matter, the pen shootout will be suspenseful.

Yesterday, City vs Wolves, actually a tense game and shootout, no tension at all. First time ever a pen shootout didn't grip me. By breaking up the sequence of progression, it breaks up the tension. It really is just awful.

Pagh Wraith

Every single Leipzig penalty was atrocious. Nothing baffles me more in professional football than the poor quality of penalties. What have they been doing during the week?

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
That's the problem with this system of penalties, the team going first has a big advantage. ABBA isn't perfect but it's fairer.

ctp

Ulreich jumped the same way every time and Werner still puts it in that corner. Deserves to get knocked out just for that. :lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Every single Leipzig penalty was atrocious. Nothing baffles me more in professional football than the poor quality of penalties. What have they been doing during the week?
All of ours were extremely good though, Gulacsi was in the right corner so fecking often

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
That's the problem with this system of penalties, the team going first has a big advantage. ABBA isn't perfect but it's fairer.
I can only repeat myself. The ABBA version is terrible to watch.

And since when is this a fecking problem? Have you ever heard anyone complaining that they lost due to being the 2nd to shoot in penalties? This is ridiculous. Just score your pens. Nothing unfair about it.

Pagh Wraith

And since when is this a fecking problem? Have you ever heard anyone complaining that they lost due to being the 2nd to shoot in penalties? This is ridiculous. Just score your pens. Nothing unfair about it.
Team that goes first wins 60% of shoot-outs though. That is a concern.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

I agree that the regular way is better to watch but it's also less fair. Having a 60% to 40% advantage due to a coin flip is pretty significant.

HTG

Supports
Bayern

Just because no one is complaining doesn't mean it isn't an unfair (dis)advantage. It is unfair. The team that goes first is 20% more likely to go through. The numbers don't lie.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
Just because no one is complaining doesn't mean it isn't an unfair (dis)advantage. It is unfair. The team that goes first is 20% more likely to go through. The numbers don't lie.
I tell you. Watch one of those newly sequenced shootouts first. Then let's talk.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
I tell you. Watch one of those newly sequenced shootouts first. Then let's talk.
I don't care how it looks. If its fair, I'm all for it. To be quite honest, 'it looks kinda bad' is a horrible argument in my eyes.

Cristiano Lell

BANNED LOLZ
Supports
Bayern München
I don't care how it looks. If its fair, I'm all for it. To be quite honest, 'it looks kinda bad' is a horrible argument in my eyes.
How can it be a bad argument when penalty shootouts have written history and provided legendary moments of experience for generations of fans. If you haven't seen a shootout in the new way, I don't need to argue with you further about it, as you do not in fact know what you're talking about.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
How can it be a bad argument when penalty shootouts have written history and provided legendary moments of experience for generations of fans. If you haven't seen a shootout in the new way, I don't need to argue with you further about it, as you do not in fact know what you're talking about.
If you put subjective asthetics above fairness, we really don't have any base for discussion. Fairness, to me, is always the most important goal when deciding about rules. Anything else is secondary to indifferent. And I'm sure there have been terrific and legendary games before the introduction of offside. Or before it was decided to be a foul if a player was kicked at the shins. Both happened to be instances where fans complained about asthetics, by the way. There have also been legendary games before the introduction of penalty shootouts. Even more legendary games happened, before the introduction of overtime when the match was simply replayed. Us winning the cup against Atletico for example.
The current format is extremely unfair. Just because you don't like the look of a possible alternative, doesn't mean it is a bad alternative or the format should stay.

Blackwidow

The current format is extremely unfair. Just because you don't like the look of a possible alternative, doesn't mean it is a bad alternative or the format should stay.
This cup events aren't about fairness. The draw is unfair to as the team that plays at home has an advantage, too.

Inspire

Supports
Bayern Munich
In my opinion Lewandowski has become shit. 2 years ago he was up there with the best, now it wouldn`t be a different if Gomez or Lewandowski plays ...

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Team that goes first wins 60% of shoot-outs though. That is a concern.
Don't go ito pens if you're that concerned. It's not what this game is about to begin with. Leave it as it is and fix those atrocious referee decisions.