Bundesliga 2017/18

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Feel sorry for Pulisic, that he has to play with Yarmolenko and Aubameyang.

Redag12

I really hope we sign pulisic. No fear, can play left or right, only going to get better

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
You didnt really go for de Bruyne right?
Because we had no chance.

The only thing that can stop you getting a player is someone with fatter pockets from another league swooping in, like they did with KDB.

If you want someone from another club in your league then you will get them, without exception.
Like Reus, for example?

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Well, I know fans of teams like Southampton that were glad when Chelsea, City etc came along because it made the league more interesting.
There might be some, but in the end I'm pretty sure their main interest still lies with their own club, and they'd still follow them even if Utd were in a similar position as Bayern is now.

NO neutral fan wants to see ONE team constantly dominating the league and hoovering up every good player.
Thing is, there aren't many "neutrals" within the domestic realm. It's a different matter when it comes to international marketing. But this isn't subject of this discussion

As things stand, the Bundesliga is the SPL with lots more sausages.
..and much better football

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Like Reus, for example?
I have no idea if you really tried for Reus considering his injury problems.

I find the fact that you try to argue with me the fact that Bayern pretty much can cherrypick players from the domestic league very strange. It has been evident for everyone to see for years.

It will happen again this summer with Goretzka.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Pulisic with more heart and skill in this match than the rest of his team combined.

Kostur

海尔的老板
I also still can't believe how the "genius" Guardiola thought it would be a good idea to retrain Martinez as a CB. He is just majestic in midfield and pretty much single-handedly solved our issues.
Isn't Kimmich creating like crazy at RB for you too?

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
I have no idea if you really tried for Reus considering his injury problems.

I find the fact that you try to argue with me the fact that Bayern pretty much can cherrypick players from the domestic league very strange. It has been evident for everyone to see for years.

It will happen again this summer with Goretzka.
It has been "evident" for people who don't follow the league and who get it told by some of the "haters" here in the forum without ever questioning it.

And we wanted Reus before he went to Dortmund. There wasn't an injury problem at the time.

Sammyjunn

In Smalling's pocket (as every other person)
What the heck is "serious" for you? We wanted both, we didn't get them. Reus just plainly chose Dortmund over us.
Since Reus joined Dortmund I dont think Bayern has ever put a bid in for him. And that isnt the point a poster was making. It was about Bayern being able to buy from all clubs even if the club doesnt really want to. Opposed to every player wanting to join Bayern.

ti vu

De Boer had far more quality though and worse competition. Bosz did very well since he got the ground running after a tough start.
Not taking away from Bosz, but sometimes circumstances plays a huge role. Dortmund not long ago looks like they would run away with the league when Bayern was struggling. When it gets tough, as far as I see, Bosz doesn't have it. De Boer may not have potential to rise to become top coach. However, at certain level, he has what it takes to get the job done. One title may be not that impressive, consecutive ones are different matters.

Bayern became a machine under Guardiola in the BuLi and so far haven’t lost enough of that attitude for others to profit.
You know Bayern struggled early, right? If they were a machine like you said, they would not have struggled at all regardless. It's more about the quality of the challengers.

Djemba-Djemba

Since Reus joined Dortmund I dont think Bayern has ever put a bid in for him. And that isnt the point a poster was making. It was about Bayern being able to buy from all clubs even if the club doesnt really want to. Opposed to every player wanting to join Bayern.
Plus I imagine when Reus chose Dortmund the Bundesliga wasn't as boringly one sided.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
It has been "evident" for people who don't follow the league and who get it told by some of the "haters" here in the forum without ever questioning it.

And we wanted Reus before he went to Dortmund. There wasn't an injury problem at the time.
Hummels
Lewa
Rudy
Süle
Kimmich

and soon Goretzka, meanwhile you have just dispossed of Götze.

That is just from your squad now, all players that were amongst the best at their respective teams, and you could cherrypick them on the cheap or on the free.

I really can't understand why you try to argue Bayern's dominance in the domestic market, not like it is a secret.

stepic

BT flicked to a shot of Löw in the crowd. Dude was smelling his fingers. lol standard

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
But he was mostly a CM under the genius, wasn't he? That was my point.
We still had Lahm, so that's nothing to hold against him.

"Making a bid" is not a requirement for a club to want a player. You talk to the player before you put in a bid and if you see it's pointless, why do it? THat's what happened with Reus. There were tons of stories in 2011 and he ultimately chose Dortmund.

Sammyjunn

Not taking away from Bosz, but sometimes circumstances plays a huge role. Dortmund not long ago looks like they would run away with the league when Bayern was struggling. When it gets tough, as far as I see, Bosz doesn't have it. De Boer may not have potential to rise to become top coach. However, at certain level, he has what it takes to get the job done. One title may be not that impressive, consecutive ones are different matters.

You know Bayern struggled early, right? If they were a machine like you said, they would not have struggled at all regardless. It's more about the quality of the challengers.
You have a fair point in that, but Im not sure if De Boer is really proven, his teams did show a lot of mental strength when they had to chase the league leaders at times. But the players he had to his disposal were unbelievable for Eredivisie standards as well. But he is a bit more hard and dominant than Bosz as a personality.

Kasper

Supports
Hansa Rostock / Bradford City
Haha Lewandowski thinking he's Messi.

fcbforever

Supports
FC Bayern München
Hummels
Lewa
Rudy
Süle
Kimmich

That is just from your squad now, all players that were amongst the best at their respective teams, and you could cherrypick them on the cheap or on the free.

I really can't understand why you try to argue Bayern's dominance in the domestic market, not like it is a secret.
Young
Valencia
Lukaku
Jones
Smalling
Matic

And that's just from your squad against Tottenham.
See what I did there?

Sammyjunn

We still had Lahm, so that's nothing to hold against him.

"Making a bid" is not a requirement for a club to want a player. You talk to the player before you put in a bid and if you see it's pointless, why do it? THat's what happened with Reus. There were tons of stories in 2011 and he ultimately chose Dortmund.
I dont think you are allowed to talk to a player before the club anyway. It is punishable, as Liverpool faced with van Dijk for example.

And you seem to miss the point, it is about that Bayern could easily get a top player awaw from Borussia Mönchengladbach for peanuts, but sadly in this case Reus himself didnt want Bayern. No club in Germany has the ability and finances to really say no when Bayern comes for a player, and even if they do the player just wont sign a contract qnd leave on free or a low fee.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I find the fact that you try to argue with me the fact that Bayern pretty much can cherrypick players from the domestic league very strange. I
Hummels
Lewa
Rudy
Süle
Kimmich

And what do they all have in common? They are all Germans, bar Lewa. Wearing the Bayern shirt yields a lot of prestige over here, just like Real's or Barca's in Spain.