Bundesliga 2018/19

CookieMonster

Supports
FC Bayern München
Looking forward to Mainz-Stuttgart coming up in ten minutes.

Surprised no one has come in for Pavard, you'd have thought Bayern or Dortmund would've been all over that transfer. Ascaibar is another promising player, part of the new Argentine generation.

Stuttgart had brilliant second half of last season.
The talk of the Bundesliga is that Bayern will get Pavard next season for 35 million €, which will be his release clause after this season.

GuyfromAustria

Witsel's first game in a top league (as in Top 5 or something like that)...didn't expect that ever to happen. :D

uamini

Supports
Herta BSC
Some nice second round draws for the DFB-Pokal:

Mönchengladbach - Leverkusen
Köln - Schalke
Leipzig - Hoffenheim
Hannover - Wolfsburg

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dortmund looking good now.

I think their central midfield is the most balanced it's been for quite sometime.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Dortmund looking good now.

I think their central midfield is the most balanced it's been for quite sometime.
I would not say that. The scoreline does not really reflect how they have been playing. Witsel and Dahoud have given up the ball a ton this match.

Sphaero

Struggling to explain his genius to the hoi polloi
Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I would not say that. The scoreline does not really reflect how they have been playing. Witsel and Dahoud have given up the ball a ton this match.
Huh? Witsel has misplaced exactly one pass in the whole half (37/38) and won three crucial duels to prevent potentially vital counter attacks. He played a fantastic half and is the best player on the pitch.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Witsel has 95% successful passes, even Dahoud still has 80%, the former is somewhat spectactular against a team with Leipzig's pressing.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
We did have problems in the build up play, but Leipzig´s pressing was also extremely intensive to the point that they would never be able to mantain that over a whole game.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Huh? Witsel has misplaced exactly one pass in the whole half (37/38) and won three crucial duels to prevent potentially vital counter attacks. He played a fantastic half and is the best player on the pitch.
Yeah I probably should have said Delaney and Dahoud. But, overall I think Dortmund's build up play was pretty meh in the first half. A lot of passes back to the Burki or to an isolated FB.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Surprised no one has come in for Pavard, you'd have thought Bayern or Dortmund would've been all over that transfer.
Bayern-Pavard has been the talk of the transfer period and according to multiple sources, there is already an agreement between Bayern and Pavards management. 80% chance he will come next year. If Boateng moves on, 15% chance of the transfer happening this season (which will cost a substantial sum. 5% chance he moves someplace else (Kloppo is said to be willing and eager)

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Yeah I probably should have said Delaney and Dahoud. But, overall I think Dortmund's build up play was pretty meh in the first half. A lot of passes back to the Burki or to an isolated FB.
Given that Dortmund's full backs are painfully limited in build up situations and that Favre just took over it would be quite amazing if they could just dominate a pressing team like Leipzig, who already got to play a fair amount of competitive fixtures this season in the EL.

Sphaero

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Pulisic is very lucky, that Klopp is no longer our coach. His defensive contribution has been pathetic and this is far from the first game like this.

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Bayern-Pavard has been the talk of the transfer period and according to multiple sources, there is already an agreement between Bayern and Pavards management. 80% chance he will come next year. If Boateng moves on, 15% chance of the transfer happening this season (which will cost a substantial sum. 5% chance he moves someplace else (Kloppo is said to be willing and eager)

Also, Martial->Bayern romour awoke from the dead because of comans injury and Rummenigge/Kim Jong Uli/ thinking out loud in front of a camera of a possible backup signing depending on the type of injury and ETA of a coman comeback.
Would be typical Bayern strategic thinking: not hiring him because there is "enough quality at that position" and having "promisig young players" who are "trusted to reach the top level", and then a 70Mio panic purchase after one injury.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Pulisic is very lucky, that Klopp is no longer our coach. His defensive contribution has been pathetic and this is far from the first game like this.
But, a lot of Dortmund's attack this match has been built on Pulisic's ability to get fouled.

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
I love the whataboutery of Bayern fans on here who believe that getting hacked elsewhere on the pitch (always the victims Bayern) justifies them receiving a non existent penalty from timid referees scared of Hoeness & Rummenigge.
Even the Bayern coach said he wouldn't have given that pen. So, not sure where you're getting your info from. Apart from the usual hatred for Bayern, that is. What I like is that we're only 5 pages in and everyone's shitting on this league already. This is definitely going to be a joyful thread...

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Is Paco to Dortmund official? If he returned the player he was at Valencia he would be very useful for them.

RW2

Supports
Eintracht Frankfurt
Even the Bayern coach said he wouldn't have given that pen. So, not sure where you're getting your info from. Apart from the usual hatred for Bayern, that is. What I like is that we're only 5 pages in and everyone's shitting on this league already. This is definitely going to be a joyful thread...
Bundesliga is the best league in Europe.

Even better if we could get rid of Bayern somehow. . . .

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
Get rid of Bayern? So someone else can become champion again? I understand that. I still think if the other teams don't drop points to sub par teams it would make things more interesting, but I guess mediocrity is the new norm.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Get rid of Bayern? So someone else can become champion again? I understand that. I still think if the other teams don't drop points to sub par teams it would make things more interesting, but I guess mediocrity is the new norm.
Just imagine a team like last seasons Schalke being champions of the BL, that would certainly make us the laughing stock of Europe. But yeah let's get rid of our last remaining top team, that will certainly make everything better...

Lagger

Supports
FC Bayern
We already are the laughing stock, mate. Something is wrong and while I'm a big supporter of 50+1, I don't think we can hold onto the solidarity and club mentality much longer. We have the fans, we have the stadiums... by god we know how to play ball. But we can't afford the ridiculous money they throw around in England. The only ones profiting from that are the Spaniards, so far. Heck, even Italy gets more of the pie that trickles out of England than we do. Nobody wants to play here. We need some big names to boost the big clubs and then we need to clean house in the CL more often than once every ten years or so. Dortmund needs to get back on track, Schalke as well. We need to stop thinking about teams like HSV and start thinking about getting some competition going for Bayern.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why do people think abolishing 50+1 is some magic trick?

Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are already outside of its control, they've been around the top for decades, between them they have won every trophy bar the CL (and even that was a close one), yet they struggle to sell out their tiny stadiums and they can only dream of rivaling Bayern (or even Dortmund, probably) financially. Even in England, City struggle to fill their stadium.
Lots of people were like "I don't like RB, but Leipzig will finally be a consistent challenge for Bayern". Where are they now? They too struggle to fill their stadium, their stragetical appraoch is no different from
Dortmund's and Leverkusen's and in the club hierarchy they are probably sandwiched by them.

La Liga doesn't have 50+1, where are the sugar daddy top clubs? France doesn't have 50+1 where are the clubs challenging PSG, Italy doesn't have 50+1 yet Juventus seem destined to wrap up their 8th consecutive title this season.

The truth is imho that aside from the odd oil emirate taking over a club (and even that seems to be limited by FFP these days) the big dogs are simply out of reach, even with private owners, because no one is crazy enough to pump hundreds of millions into a football club each season. Especially in Germany, who would even sell out? People lobbying for the take over of one of the big clubs by some authoritarian regime would probably receive death threats, at Hannover the supporting fans are on strike (to the obvious detriment of their team's performance) for Kind's attempt of taking full control of the club and he's a businessman from the region who has been involved with the club for two decades and oversaw their return from 3rd division football to Bundesliga midtable.

I'm especially baffled by Bayern's lobbying against 50+1, to me it looks like some kind of cynical divide et impera scheme, hoping for a couple of clubs who can keep other big clubs from regularly reaching the CL and building on that, while they themselves can never build up the financial foundation to really challenge Bayern or keep their players from being signed by them.

Last edited:

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Is Paco to Dortmund official? If he returned the player he was at Valencia he would be very useful for them.

Now officially confirmed, including some some "hip" and silly announcement video. According to the reliable parts of German media he's signed via a loan that includes a€25m (non obligatory) buy option.

I guess Alcacer and Rudy (to Schalke) concludes the transfer business of Germany's top clubs aside from Leipzig who are supposedly still trying to sign Lookman and a CM.

Don Alfredo

Supports
Germany

Now officially confirmed, including some some "hip" and silly announcement video. According to the reliable parts of German media he's signed via a loan that includes a€25m (non obligatory) buy option.

I guess Alcacer and Rudy (to Schalke) concludes the transfer business of Germany's top clubs aside from Leipzig who are supposedly still trying to sign Lookman and a CM.
They don't look like it, but Rudy and Alcacer are two hugely important transfers for their clubs. Leipzig missed out big time by not wanting to pay the extra 1m:lol:

Blackwidow

They don't look like it, but Rudy and Alcacer are two hugely important transfers for their clubs. Leipzig missed out big time by not wanting to pay the extra 1m:lol:
I actually have the feeling that somehow Bayern does not like to sell to Rangnick...

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Paco isn't a pure goalscorer right? I guess they are looking at his ability to bring others into play more than being a pure goalscorer, though Dortmund under Klopp and Tuchel were highly reliant on the pure goalscorer to finish chances created.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Schweinsteiger just scored a beautiful goal against Chicago :D
(It's his delayed farewell match ;) )

Damn, now he's standing almost alone on the pitch with the lights turned down all over the arena, and I too have something in my eye.

Last edited:

strongwalker

Supports
FC Bayern München
Why do people think abolishing 50+1 is some magic trick?

Leverkusen and Wolfsburg are already outside of its control, they've been around the top for decades, between them they have won every trophy bar the CL (and even that was a close one), yet they struggle to sell out their tiny stadiums and they can only dream of rivaling Bayern (or even Dortmund, probably) financially. Even in England, City struggle to fill their stadium.
Lots of people were like "I don't like RB, but Leipzig will finally be a consistent challenge for Bayern". Where are they now? They too struggle to fill their stadium, their stragetical appraoch is no different from
Dortmund's and Leverkusen's and in the club hierarchy they are probably sandwiched by them.

La Liga doesn't have 50+1, where are the sugar daddy top clubs? France doesn't have 50+1 where are the clubs challenging PSG, Italy doesn't have 50+1 yet Juventus seem destined to wrap up their 8th consecutive title this season.

The truth is imho that aside from the odd oil emirate taking over a club (and even that seems to be limited by FFP these days) the big dogs are simply out of reach, even with private owners, because no one is crazy enough to pump hundreds of millions into a football club each season. Especially in Germany, who would even sell out? People lobbying for the take over of one of the big clubs by some authoritarian regime would probably receive death threats, at Hannover the supporting fans are on strike (to the obvious detriment of their team's performance) for Kind's attempt of taking full control of the club and he's a businessman from the region who has been involved with the club for two decades and oversaw their return from 3rd division football to Bundesliga midtable.

I'm especially baffled by Bayern's lobbying against 50+1, to me it looks like some kind of cynical divide et impera scheme, hoping for a couple of clubs who can keep other big clubs from regularly reaching the CL and building on that, while they themselves can never build up the financial foundation to really challenge Bayern or keep their players from being signed by them.
i agree. It is imo a misconception that getting rid of 50+1 will suddenly make investors with infinite pockets appear who's deepest desire is to sink a couple of hundred Mios to make SV Darmstadt 98 great again. The investors who mean business will flock to the already big names, see Bayerns "super partners" Adidas, Audi, etc. The EPL is no good example either, the chances of any club to break the big 6 phalanx is dimmer than Nürnberg making a QL qualifier spot.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
i agree. It is imo a misconception that getting rid of 50+1 will suddenly make investors with infinite pockets appear who's deepest desire is to sink a couple of hundred Mios to make SV Darmstadt 98 great again. The investors who mean business will flock to the already big names, see Bayerns "super partners" Adidas, Audi, etc. The EPL is no good example either, the chances of any club to break the big 6 phalanx is dimmer than Nürnberg making a QL qualifier spot.
Yeah people always defend what Chelsea and City did by saying if it wasn't for them United would have just won the PL every season. But, the likes of Chelsea/City have made it more predictable at the top not less.