Bundesliga Gameweek 26 | #Footback keep this thread football only (Covid free zone)

BayernFan87

Supports
Bayern Munich
Sky Germany offered a second audio track with stadium atmosphere accompanying the commentator.
Boy what a difference...i agree with the people on here, that completely without fans and chants it feels a little "soulless".

Did your TV station also offer an audio track with stadium atmosphere?

Zoo

Sky Germany offered a second audio track with stadium atmosphere accompanying the commentator.
Boy what a difference...i agree with the people on here, that completely without fans and chants it feels a little "soulless".

Did your TV station also offer an audio track with stadium atmosphere?
Unfortunately not. They offered Steve McManaman.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Weird to see people complaining about the no fan noise. Yeah obviously its better with it, but still great to see football back and very enjoyable. Quite like watching games with just pure player sound, its different but not bad (but again, obviously prefer with fans). Definitely not boring either way.

Flexdegea

Weird to see people complaining about the no fan noise. Yeah obviously its better with it, but still great to see football back and very enjoyable. Quite like watching games with just pure player sound, its different but not bad (but again, obviously prefer with fans). Definitely not boring either way.

I thought it was brutal tbh.

Guess better than nothing but so far away from the whole package you get with big league football at the highest level.

Feels like glorified amateur football on a 3g pitch but with the elite quality.

It do for now.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Didn't help that the standard was basically that of a preseason friendly. Hopefully the experience improves as the players get back to their top level.
Most of the players seemed to not want to be involved in these games.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
I watched the Dortmund game, painfully boring and uncomfortable watching football like this. I think that'll be it for me for BCD, unless Utd play again.

bosnian_red

Everyone seems totally unimpressed with this it seems. Was is that bad?
It really wasn't. Probably a case of a lot of people not caring about watching football that doesn't relate to their own team, so when they watch a random game between 2 random teams, they are already less interested than usual and on top of that no crowd noise, kills it off for them.

Thought Dortmund - Schalke was enjoyable, if very one sided. I do enjoy watching football in general around the big leagues though.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
It really wasn't. Probably a case of a lot of people not caring about watching football that doesn't relate to their own team, so when they watch a random game between 2 random teams, they are already less interested than usual and on top of that no crowd noise, kills it off for them.

Thought Dortmund - Schalke was enjoyable, if very one sided. I do enjoy watching football in general around the big leagues though.
What we watched wasn't real football.
It was a sham.

RUCK4444

Unfortunately not. They offered Steve McManaman.
FFS on Sky? I thought he was a BT Sport boy.

Cannot stand the Scouse, clueless, shouty, shrieking, smug tw@t

He Adds nothing but a condescending tone and meaningless boll@x

Edit: That would be my appraisal on him as a pundit if I were his manager. Word for word.

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
FFS on Sky? I thought he was a BT Sport boy.

Cannot stand the Scouse, clueless, shouty, shrieking, smug tw@t

He Adds nothing but a condescending tone and meaningless boll@x

Edit: That would be my appraisal on him as a pundit if I were his manager. Word for word.
On BT all the games were on BT today

HisEarth

Supports
Tottenham Hotspurs
I watch football muted so I didn't notice anything unusual except the social distancing in goal celebrations.

bosnian_red

What we watched wasn't real football.
It was a sham.
It was very much real football. Are you incapable of watching football that doesn't have the atmosphere of a CL knockout tie? Do you ever watch any live football that isn't professional football (in terms of the crowd aspect)? It's different, but it's absolute raw football with just the players playing the match. Top league quality, with random sunday league atmosphere.

At the end of the day, it just depends on what you watch football for, what you actually enjoy about it. If you enjoy watching football for the actual game going on on the pitch, then you'll enjoy this. If you don't care for football that isn't related to your club on a normal day, then you definitely won't care for random teams in a random league with no fans. Not sure why anyone would expect otherwise. If you literally never watch the Bundesliga and don't care about it, but then turn it on now because there is nothing else on, why would you expect to be super interested in it? It meant nothing to you then and it'll mean nothing now (not specifically you, just people who don't watch/follow these other leagues in the first place).

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Frankfurt with their very loud support and their reliance on athleticism is probably one of the teams that will suffer the most from the empty stands, but conceding after half a minute is still shocking.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Will be interesting to watch Gladbach at home with their cardboard fans. Just surprised they are not pumping crowd noise into the stadiums.

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
It was very much real football. Are you incapable of watching football that doesn't have the atmosphere of a CL knockout tie? Do you ever watch any live football that isn't professional football (in terms of the crowd aspect)? It's different, but it's absolute raw football with just the players playing the match. Top league quality, with random sunday league atmosphere.

At the end of the day, it just depends on what you watch football for, what you actually enjoy about it. If you enjoy watching football for the actual game going on on the pitch, then you'll enjoy this. If you don't care for football that isn't related to your club on a normal day, then you definitely won't care for random teams in a random league with no fans. Not sure why anyone would expect otherwise. If you literally never watch the Bundesliga and don't care about it, but then turn it on now because there is nothing else on, why would you expect to be super interested in it? It meant nothing to you then and it'll mean nothing now (not specifically you, just people who don't watch/follow these other leagues in the first place).
The bolded part is incredibly disingenuous.

It also wasn't "top league quality", it was overall quite poor.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Frankfurt don't look to crisp, seems like the break has affected them quite a bit. Really should have been Gladbach's third just now.

90 + 5min

Everyone seems totally unimpressed with this it seems. Was is that bad?
If football wanted to get new fans to the sport this was definitly not the right way. Watched both Bundesliga 2 and Bundesliga 1 game today and it felt like practice games. Players looked like they wondered what was going on. 2-3 gameweeks like this and people will be bored. PL should take notice. Question is why did I watch? Well, I really don’t know.