• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Levi1

DDG
    Jones - Evans - Blackett
    Valencia - Fletcher - Di Maria - Young
    Mata
    RvP - Rooney

Think that's how we'll line up. Zero chance of us changing formation yet imo.
    Unlikely to have Di Maria starting, unfortunately. Managers usually like to have their new signings come in to the first team slowly. Sub appearance for him and Perreira starting :D ;)

The other variation is he may drop Evans and replace him with Keane and have Jones in the middle. I think if youre going to have 6 center backs revolving, you need to have Jones in thee week in week out in the middle, dictating

Levi1

League debut.Blackett only played in pre-season under Fergie and Michael Keane on the league cup.Fergie did have Tunnicliffe on the bench for one league match but he didn't came on as far as I remember.
    We always had a reserve player on the bench who didnt ever come on. Usually Pogba but sometimes Tunnicliffe or others. Other teams also do this

United98

Well, 3-4-1-2 will still be LVG first choice.
    --------------------------------------De Gea-----------------------------------
    ------------Jones---------------------Evans---------------------Blackett----------
    Valencia------------Fletcher-------------------Pereira------------------------Di Maria
    -------------------------------------Mata------------------------------------------
    ---------------------------Rooney------------------RVP--------------------------

but,its better to have smalling than evans.

khoazany

We always had a reserve player on the bench who didnt ever come on. Usually Pogba but sometimes Tunnicliffe or others. Other teams also do this
    Nah.Apart from Pogba we almost never have a reserve player on the bench under Fergie on the league.

Gerald G

---------------De Gea
    -------Jones--Evans--Blackett
    Valencia--Fletcher--Pereira--Young
    ------------------Mata
    ---------van Persie--Rooney

subs: Amos, Keane, Anderson, Januzaj, Di Maria, Welbeck, Wilson

For what it's worth, I have no idea who will be playing in the middle next to Fletcher. It could be Di Maria, Januzaj, Anderson, Powell or maybe Pereira (I don't think so).

But with our injuries in midfield/defence I would probably switch the formation to play a 4-3-3 and try and outscore them.

Mciahel Goodman

Worst Werewolf Player of All Times
    Staff
    Fecking hell, whatever way you look at it, our midfield is utterly wank. Think Di Maria has to start.

SammyUnited_83

Massive game tomorrow, a must win going into the final couple days of the window, where surely we will pick up a midfielder or two.

Genuinely worried about another shit midfield pairing tomorrow. I love Fletch but the fact he is a nailed on starter, still, especially after last weeks performance leaves me gobsmacked.

Get through this, get a new midfielder and we are getting back, slowly.

montpelier

Simply must win this game.
    Surely we must be able to do that. And with a few goals. I advocate a policy of incessant non-stop attack mainly cos of how dismal we are defensively.

5-3 us

Last edited:

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
    Di Maria and Rojo ready? Would really help us. And Herrera is now fit too, isn't he? That would be already a much better team and I am confident, that we will win this with ease.

m1y2

Di Maria and Rojo ready? Would really help us. And Herrera is now fit too, isn't he? That would be already a much better team and I am confident, that we will win this with ease.
    he is not he only recently got back to light training. Very unlikely.. Rojo "works" for his permit in madrid, he will be ready with a lot of other players after int. break. Also Rafa has to be back soon. Welbeck and RVP in full fitness.. we need to get through this game and wait for the reinforcement.. di amria will start off the bench IMO

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
    Rojo still hasn't a work permit and Herrera isn't ready to return. I assume di Maria will play, we need him.

Pyroblazer

That's a hot jacket, man
    That sucks, I hope the issue with the work permit will be solved soon, Rojo could really improve our defence and the importance of Herrera in our midfield is obvious. Lineup will be interesting, I hope for a system change, but I am not sure LvG will do it.

villain

Hates Beyoncé
    I have a feeling he's going to play ADM as a wingback.

Unless we accept a bid for Cleverley.

comlag

Here's hoping Di Maria lifts the team and RVP finds his fitness, if not we could get bummed. Burnley will go hell for leather and Turf Moor will be rocking.

Lu Tze

Our team for this one, without a new CM, without our full backs etc is still going to be absolute shite, even with the addition of Di Maria. Hopefully Herrera's fit though.

pseudo_canadian

Woke up today thinking it was Saturday. Now I'm disappointed.

Hopefully we'll get closer and closer to a fitter squad as a whole and we can use a formation that gets the best out of Di Maria (though that may take a few games for van Gaal to figure out). Would prefer to see him in on the left in a midfield three with Fletcher and Herrera but on the wing would obviously work as well. Just get the guy involved on the pitch as much as possible, I don't care how you do it.

fergieisold

A lot of talk of Pereira being in the team. I guess people thought he did well for us against MK Dons. I didn't pay too much attention to each player during the game but I did notice him being wasteful in possession with wild shots at times. Atleast he was trying but I didn't think he was that good. I suppose the bad things are more memorable though.

I was however very impressed with Wilson and it would be good to see him start.

Adcuth

Bit of a change to our current system. Push Jones up into a DM role, gives us an extra man in midfield but able to drop back to help out the defence. Doubt Di Maria will start and not sure if Rafa is fit but hey ho

432JuanMata

Right I know Rojo isn't available so Jones-Evans-Blackett are set to star if we continue the 3-5-2. Is Herrera back ? I for one hope so as he is needed for this. Di Maria should play which is great news as I don't remember being as excited about a signings debut as mich as this. I am hoping that ADM gives the team a lift and we get the 3 points as I don't really care how we play we just need the points. I don't think we will hammer them maybe 1-2 or 1-3 with ADM getting his 1st goal :drool:

Levi1

Bit of a change to our current system. Push Jones up into a DM role, gives us an extra man in midfield but able to drop back to help out the defence. Doubt Di Maria will start and not sure if Rafa is fit but hey ho

Hey ho indeed! Rafael, Smalling and Herrera (?) are likely unfit to start.
    Can the moderators please do something about all the full members posting in here

:D ;)

edit: di Maria likely wont start. If he does, Mata will have to play deeper to allow him to play wider. I really hope we get the tactics right for di Maria! Otherwise, the pricetag will start to hang tigher around his neck

caisenma

I ♥ Adnan
    for as much abuse as david moyes (rightfully) took from 99.9% of everyone on this board, it is nothing short of bewildering to see lineup after proposed lineup contain the utter dross that is ashley young and antonio valencia.

with the game starting at 6.30 am or so for me, if i wake up to see those names in the starting 11 i'm going right back to sleep. watching manchester united is about excitement and getting a thrill out of watching the best team in the world. watching those perform is about as enticing as watching a 63 year old bloke at a strip club struggling to get through his routine.

Levi1

for as much abuse as david moyes (rightfully) took from 99.9% of everyone on this board, it is nothing short of bewildering to see lineup after proposed lineup contain the utter dross that is ashley young and antonio valencia.

with the game starting at 6.30 am or so for me, if i wake up to see those names in the starting 11 i'm going right back to sleep. watching manchester united is about excitement and getting a thrill out of watching the best team in the world. watching those perform is about as enticing as watching a 63 year old bloke at a strip club struggling to get through his routine.
    Hello Frank! And Im not 63

Adcuth

Hey ho indeed! Rafael, Smalling and Herrera (?) are likely unfit to start.
    Can the moderators please do something about all the full members posting in here

:D ;)

edit: di Maria likely wont start. If he does, Mata will have to play deeper to allow him to play wider. I really hope we get the tactics right for di Maria! Otherwise, the pricetag will start to hang tigher around his neck
    Well since i'm not the manager, i'd take a guess that this lineup is what i'd like to see regardless of fitness.

Oo0AahCantona

absafeckinglutely this. long term have rojo in place of blackett and shaw in for young. carrick for jones when fit.

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
    Pls no wingback role for Di Maria, midfield or wing pls!!

Il Prete Rosso

Prete, the Italian Pete

You will not...:)

unchanged_lineup

Tarheel Tech Wizard
    Leaving A Breakfast On All Of Your Doorsteps
    Supports
    Janet jazz jazz jam
    I realise people are saying it's must win, but realistically I think it's totally up in the air and it's not panic time if they don't. So many players still out injured, Rojo's permit, Di Maria just arrived.. the reality is probably not much is going to be different compared to last weekend. My hopes are not high and honestly that does not bother me. This match will not be a reflection of what is yet to come.

Levi1

Well since i'm not the manager, i'd take a guess that this lineup is what i'd like to see regardless of fitness.
    Bad joke. I assume you meant when available since you left out Rojo and Shaw

RedSRM

Imagine the field day the media will have if we fail to beat Burnley, particularly considering we will have the £60 million man on the pitch. It's going to be brutal.
    I think this will be another tough game. Our forwards have to take apart that Burnley defence and show what they are made of.

RyRy11

I've never wanted us to beat a newly promoted side as much as I do this weekend! Surely this is our best chance to kick start our season, right? :nervous:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Man of the Match

Angel Di Maria image Angel Di Maria 69% of 739 votes

Runners-up

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 473 ratings.

Score Predictions