Bust-up Post City Game

PlayerOne

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm just glad we went on the attack for once.

Jokes aside, I can see some players getting banned if as it's as serious as it seems

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Am i the only one who likes this kind of thing? Not endorsing violence but it adds to rivalry and the entertainment. This was a regular occurance with the early 2000's arsenal team.
Absolutely, if the players didn't show something after that performance then the future would be grim for them. It tells me that their lack of effort in the game was not out of not caring, it was simply a bad day.

gulli_G

Am i the only one who likes this kind of thing? Not endorsing violence but it adds to rivalry and the entertainment. This was a regular occurance with the early 2000's arsenal team.
It spurred us on to finally match and overtake arsenal, but the similarities are there, Arsenal surprised the league with more technically and physically superior players than the rest of the league. Constant defeats to them and their invincible run just like city's, really made Fergie take note, eventually match and then overtake them.

Hope Mourinho does the same soonish.

Dobbs

I wish there was more of it on the pitch. It's all far too nice.

Deleted member 101472

Hearing from reliable sources that Conor McGregor was there too

Kopral Jono

With you on this. A little bit of aggro, nothing particularly nasty, could add a lot to the psyche and morale of a team. I'm not trying to make a comparison but I was captain of the school rugby side years ago and we used to get into these things all the time. It only had positive effects on us.

automaticflare

With you on this. A little bit of aggro, nothing particularly nasty, could add a lot to the psyche and morale of a team. I'm not trying to make a comparison but I was captain of the school rugby side years ago and we used to get into these things all the time. It only had positive effects on us.

Personally I think it shows cowardice and lack of guts.
Where was the players courage to confront city on the pitch, with the ball.

If I was city I would be laughing all the way to the title at this. They thoroughly deserved their win today. We may have won a scrap in a tunnel but it is meaningless and shows exactly what type of players we have in our current team - willing to fight in a tunnel and pussycats on the pitch. Lukaku if envolved as is being report showed none of this fight on the pitch was like a big teddy bear out there.

van der star

newprawn warrior
Scout
I get the other bits of the story but why are they making such a big deal out of Jose getting a bit wet?

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
From the information we have so far this seems like petty nonsense that does not make either side look good.

TinFoil

Oliver Holt is loving this.

Nice reason for him to lay into Jose again.

Giggsyking

Its city who are guilty. We are innocents, we can't attack. JM didn't teach our players how to attack

Kopral Jono

Personally I think it shows cowardice and lack of guts.
Where was the players courage to confront city on the pitch, with the ball.

If I was city I would be laughing all the way to the title at this. They thoroughly deserved their win today. We may have won a scrap in a tunnel but it is meaningless and shows exactly what type of players we have in our current team. Lukaku if envolved as is being report showed none of this fight on the pitch was like a big teddy bear out there.
To each his own, but let me quote a post above that reflects my opinion on this:

Absolutely, if the players didn't show something after that performance then the future would be grim for them. It tells me that their lack of effort in the game was not out of not caring, it was simply a bad day.
It's not a good look, I agree, but I won't beat around the bush and say it isn't needed at certain circumstances.

pauldyson1uk

Best news to come from the match day. Kinda shows we have some type of fight in us.
You think ! I think is just smacks of sour grapes on our part, pity they did not show that much passion on the pitch, maybe we would have got something out of the game.
City and their fans will be laughing their socks of at this , not only did they beat us in our own backyard again , they also got us to kick off in the tunnel, dont like it one bit, when Arsenal did the same here they were pretty much hammered for doing it, whats the difference ?

automaticflare

To each his own, but let me quote a post above that reflects my opinion on this:

It's not a good look, I agree, but I won't beat around the bush and say it isn't needed at certain circumstances.

I still disagree

They should be fighting with each other over the performance. It's not city's fault we played shit.

They should be ripping each other throats out over that result. And someone should be ripping lukaku in that dressing room for his mistakes.

Dominos

Best news to come from the match day. Kinda shows we have some type of fight in us.
Because it's being well 'ard that's gonna win us the league isn't it.

Not like you can go 11 points clear by being better at football than anyone else, it's your ability to throw the toys out the pram and assault the opposition after you've lost that defines a team.

It spurred us on to finally match and overtake arsenal, but the similarities are there, Arsenal surprised the league with more technically and physically superior players than the rest of the league. Constant defeats to them and their invincible run just like city's, really made Fergie take note, eventually match and then overtake them.

Hope Mourinho does the same soonish.
That's a rather odd narrative you're painting.

We dominated the league for 3 years in a row up to 2001, and then won it again in 2003. Arsenal's invicibles came in 2004 and we didn't win the league for another 3 after that years where we broke Chelsea's dominance, at that point Arsenal were shit and irrelevant.

The idea that a punch up in the tunnel was the reason we won league titles is just absurd. We had better players and more money than basically everyone and the better manager.

automaticflare

Not like you can go 11 points clear by being better at football than anyone else, it's your ability to throw the toys out the pram and assault the opposition after you've lost that defines a team.

We dominated the league for 3 years in a row up to 2001, and then won it again in 2003. Arsenal's invicibles came in 2004 and we didn't win the league for another 3 after that years where we broke Chelsea's dominance, at that point Arsenal were shit and irrelevant.

The idea that a punch up in the tunnel was the reason we won league titles is just absurd. We had better players and more money than basically everyone and the better manager.
Exactly. Had players who showed their guts on the pitch.
We just look like a binch of petulant, bad loosing soft boys with this caper. Just like arsenal

gulli_G

I was talking more about the fierce Arsenal rivalry, we need some of that against City, we've been too nicey nicey about recent Derby's, bout time that is reigned in.

Dobbs

Bit hard when players these days start clutching their knees if you as much as breathe near them.
Agree. Football has gone wrong. Todays game was tiresome again on that front.

gulli_G

So it's a case of us bottling it on the pitch and off it as well.