Bust-up Post City Game

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I still disagree

They should be fighting with each other over the performance. It's not city's fault we played shit.

They should be ripping each other throats out over that result. And someone should be ripping lukaku in that dressing room for his mistakes.
They are probably fighting with each other, but what they are also doing is backing the manager in a scuffle. This gives us a very important sign about the future, these players are not going to be discouraged by today, they haven't lost their will to fight and they still have belief in themselves.

It is very easy to have some sort of acceptance over this result, as if it was inevitable that we were going to lose because they are so much better. But the players obviously didnt like the way they performed and felt that they are better than this.

Arsenal players when they get smashed by a big team, show no reaction to the loss as if it means nothing. They post on social media after the game with cliches and pre-written PR reviewed speeches, and move on.

Devil may care

Lukaku didn't throw a bottle, someone threw it to him and his first touch went 19 yards the wrong way as usual.

Kopral Jono

I still disagree

They should be fighting with each other over the performance. It's not city's fault we played shit.

They should be ripping each other throats out over that result. And someone should be ripping lukaku in that dressing room for his mistakes.
And you honestly think that would do wonders to the team's morale? Give me a break. The inquest can come later.

Like I said, it's not a good look but it's only human for them to lash out that way especially in the heat of the moment.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
I kind of hope the City players did rub our faces in it. If losing is made horrible for our players they might actually be determined and focused enough not to panic and hand the game over on a plate next time. Im not sure what else would work at this point.

The timewasting near the end was a bit small time. It was the worst I've seen from anyone we've played this season, and we've been beaten by Huddersfield.

Womp

idiot
I kind of hope the City players did rub their faces in it. If losing is made horrible for them they might be determined and focused enough not to panic and hand the game over on a plate next time.

The timewasting near the end was a bit small time. It was the worst I've seen from anyone we've played this season, and we've been beaten by Huddersfield.
Funniest part was City fans on here were criticizing Southampton for doing it, when they did it just as bad, if not worse.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
I kind of hope the City players did rub their faces in it. If losing is made horrible for them they might be determined and focused enough not to panic and hand the game over on a plate next time.

Really? I felt that this performance was much more acceptable because we did not have our strongest team against the best team in the league.

The team we put out versus Huddersfield was more than good enough to win. But the team we put out today wasn't a hot favorite, I would say that Pogba not playing made City the favourites.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Funniest part was City fans on here were criticizing Southampton for doing it, when they did it just as bad, if not worse.
It's up there with the worst I've seen, to be honest. It went from timewasting to just being twattish for the sake of it. They had the game under control and some of it if anything was counter productive.

Though it's a trate with Pep teams. Remember the CL final in 2008? 2-0 up in stoppage time and Puyol was busy trying to cheat to get one of our players sent off. Niehter him or Jose exactly encourage their team to be good losers or winners.

Jagga7

Not surprising, the amount of play acting City did towards the end was ridiculous. Add that to the seemingly endless amount of times they got throws in by kicking the ball against us in injury time, that was proper insulting and embarrassing.

I just hope Mourinho didn't instigate it, it would just come across as more sour grapes by him.

Dominos

I was talking more about the fierce Arsenal rivalry, we need some of that against City, we've been too nicey nicey about recent Derby's, bout time that is reigned in.
We don't need it. What we need is to be better at football. I watched a team unable to string 2 passes together... It appears you watched us hoof long balls up to an isolated striker all game and left the match thinking "we're just not 'ard enough".

It's almost laughable how much much macho posturing goes on in here, it really is.

They are probably fighting with each other, but what they are also doing is backing the manager in a scuffle. This gives us a very important sign about the future, these players are not going to be discouraged by today, they haven't lost their will to fight and they still have belief in themselves.

It is very easy to have some sort of acceptance over this result, as if it was inevitable that we were going to lose because they are so much better. But the players obviously didnt like the way they performed and felt that they are better than this.

Arsenal players when they get smashed by a big team, show no reaction to the loss as if it means nothing. They post on social media after the game with cliches and pre-written PR reviewed speeches, and move on.
So Arsenal haven't won the league because they're not assaulting people in the tunnel when they lose... When was the last time City started a fight for no reason because they lost a game? Barca? Bayern? LMadrid? Even Leiciester?

Igniting brawls in the tunnel because you're a sore loser does not win you league titles. If the manager wants us to win the league maybe try making us better at football.

Womp

idiot
It's up there with the worst I've seen, to be honest. It went from timewasting to just being twattish for the sake of it. They had the game under control and some of it if anything was counter productive.

Though it's a trate with Pep teams. Remember the CL final in 2008? 2-0 up in stoppage time and Puyol was busy trying to cheat to get one of our players sent off. Niehter him or Jose exactly encourage their team to be good losers or winners.
What irks me the most is the blatant cheating. He's a phenomenal manager and his teams play some incredible football at full flow, but Christ the diving and the theatrics is so fecking embarrassing. I don't think there's anything I despise more in football than diving.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
What irks me the most is the blatant cheating. He's a phenomenal manager and his teams play some incredible football at full flow, but Christ the diving and the theatrics is so fecking embarrassing. I don't think there's anything I despise more in football than diving.
At this point all teams in top leagues do a lot of diving and play acting.

Cantonagotmehere

Yep. They are the worst. Sadly they are better than United right now and they make my skin crawl as well. It sucks.

noodlehair

"It's like..."
Yeah. I didn't think they were that bad today with the diving. Jesus was at it but that's about it. There was ots of petulance though. Meaninglless petulance that just seemed to be for the sake of it. Like Silva's little hissy fit.

We weren't much better at times. There was one point half our team charged to the referee and created a massive scene, when absolutely feck all had happened.

I really don''t want these games to be pplayed in the way the El Classicos used to be when Pep and Jose were there. It was genuinely embarassing and turned what should have been two great football teams playing each other, into a complete and utter joke.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
So Arsenal haven't won the league because they're not assaulting people in the tunnel when they lose... When was the last time City started a fight for no reason because they lost a game? Barca? Bayern? LMadrid? Even Leiciester?

Igniting brawls in the tunnel because you're a sore loser does not win you league titles. If the manager wants us to win the league maybe try making us better at football.
Firstly, it was the City players that assaulted Mourinho by throwing water and milk on him, and our players responded to that. Secondly, I'd be very surprised if you've been in a highly competitive environment.

Fights like this happen all the time in sports; and they are usually among the top teams. This is because top teams are very competitive and sore losers. When emotions are high after a big game like this, all it takes is a little spark to set things off.

If reports are to be believed, the City players taunted the Utd players in the tunnel and then celebrated wildly which Mourinho thought was disrespectful. So they were sore winners as well.

Dominos

Firstly, it was the City players that assaulted Mourinho by throwing water and milk on him, and our players responded to that. Secondly, I'd be very surprised if you've been in a highly competitive environment.

Fights like this happen all the time in sports; and they are usually among the top teams. This is because top teams are very competitive and sore losers. When emotions are high after a big game like this, all it takes is a little spark to set things off.

If reports are to be believed, the City players taunted the Utd players in the tunnel and then celebrated wildly which Mourinho thought was disrespectful. So they were sore winners as well.
We don't really know exactly what happened, but I'm not going to celebrate this fact that City have assaulted our manager and it's ignited a 20 man brawl. Some on here are revelling the fact that our players shown how 'ard they are and it's frankly embarassing. At best I can say it's a shameful incident that was caused by the opposition, and our players had a right to defend themselves.

The suggestion that this would be any sort of indicator of success is just silly. As is the suggestion that Arsenal haven't been involved in a tunnel brawl like we have which is the reason they haven't won the league in a while.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We don't really know exactly what happened, but I'm not going to celebrate this fact that City have assaulted our manager and it's ignited a 20 man brawl. Some on here are revelling the fact that our players shown how 'ard they are and it's frankly embarassing. At best I can say it's a shameful incident that was caused by the opposition, and our players had a right to defend themselves.

The suggestion that this would be any sort of indicator of success is just silly. As is the suggestion the fact Arsenal haven't been involved in a tunnel brawl like we have is the reason they haven't won the league in a while.
I think you took one part of my post and decided to run with it further then I ever meant it.

This is only one part of winning a title, the winning mentality also comes with it a sore loser mentality. Of course playing well is a must for success but playing well is not the only thing you need.

The way I saw it is that the team are wounded after this result, and they are showing a response. If they follow this up with a thrashing of Bournemouth then this brawl could have definitely contributed to getting rid of some emotion and frustration.

notcool

Supports
a
Wasn't the Arsenal thing after we ended their unbeaten run? Same thing as what City did to us today.

Being a bad loser's not the worst thing. Shows how much we want to win.

njdevil

He has to deliver a major trophy though. If he gets destroyed by Real/PSG/Munich or Barca, that is going to look very very ugly. I do not truly buy into his hype, simply because he also did not win the CL with Bayern. The great managers always win the big ears.

SAFicus

So Arsenal haven't won the league because they're not assaulting people in the tunnel when they lose... When was the last time City started a fight for no reason because they won a game? Barca? Bayern? LMadrid? Even Leiciester?
Yesterday if you stop slitting your wrists and read the article again.

SAFicus

The suggestion that this would be any sort of indicator of success is just silly. As is the suggestion that Arsenal haven't been involved in a tunnel brawl like we have which is the reason they haven't won the league in a while.
Yesterday if you stop slitting your wrists and read the article again.
I see you already dealt with my point.

In which case I have to agree. If it's best case scenario as you set out then at least it shows a team spirit and a united dressing room.

TheReligion

Abusive
I'd of banged a few of the city players out myself to be honest had I been involved in proceedings. From about the 60th minute they were running the clock down, play acting and taking the ball into the corners. It was like we were playing a non league minow who had pulled off a giant killing.

I'm not surprised it was fiery post match.

PS I'd fancy us in a fight easily

Varun

Staff
I think the most important detail in all of this is who the feck was having milk post match.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He has to deliver a major trophy though. If he gets destroyed by Real/PSG/Munich or Barca, that is going to look very very ugly. I do not truly buy into his hype, simply because he also did not win the CL with Bayern. The great managers always win the big ears.
That's harsh. He has as many CL wins as Fergie did in a lot less time. Better team of course, but he still delivered trophies wherever he's been. Can't deny that.

SER19

That's harsh. He has as many CL wins as Fergie did in a lot less time. Better team of course, but he still delivered trophies wherever he's been. Can't deny that.

Truly believe I'd have managed those barca teams to at least 1 champions league. Not exaggerating, they were streets ahead of everybody - any professional manager who had them those years would have, maybe with a different style but still would have won a champions league. In fact add messi to the united team from 2009 to 2011 and we'd have two more.