BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Götze? Plus they let Lewas contract run down as he wanted to play for a club that actually wins things. They are a feeder club. Not just for Bayern mind.
Aye, some strange arguments in here to try and prove they aren't exactly that.

As I say, does anyone think there's a cat in hell's chance United would let Pogba's contract run down so he could join City or Liverpool? Classic feeder club mentality that has utterly fecked the league from having a great rivalry.

The Haaland deal and release clause is another perfect example of them happy to be a feeder club. They actually made a deal knowing that if he's any good, Bayern or anyone for that matter can and will just whip him up after a couple of years there.

Dortmund climbed the Deloitte League like no other between 2010-2015 and were amassing a great following even outside of Germany, but running it like a feeder club and allowing Bayern to do as they please has utterly fecked them and the league. It's a massive shame, as I say, I loved watching the Bundesliga during that period and even today, as a fan experience, it's the best.

How did they sell Lewa? It was a Bosman signing! Gotze had his release clause activated
Who's fault was that?

Would Liverpool let Salah's contract run down so he can join us? Or would we stick a low clause in Greenwood's so City could sweep him up?

Making out like there was nothing Dortmund could do about it is so far from the truth it's untrue, they treat the club as a place to nurture talent and sell on. The Hummels deal was almost hilarious, "doing the right thing for a great servant", fecking hell, yeah like I can imagine Liverpool selling us VVD in a few years for an incredibly fair price as a reward for his service :lol:

Pogba will be sold, even on the cheap, to an overseas club, long before the likes of Liverpool or City could take him for free.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What @Regulus Arcturus Black said is spot on. Dortmind and other bundesliga teams have so much potential to actually compete with Bayern for long years but unfortunately it never happen because they always end up become the feeding clubs, losing their best young players later on. I won’t be surprised if Upamecano end up joining Bayern.
TBF Dortmund have signed from teams just below aswell...Dahoud, Thorgen Hazard and Reus all signed from 'Gladbach in last decade who've played a fair few seasons in CL since their great escape of 2011.

Reus was fantastic player before all his injuries but now a shadow and I assume the other two haven't met expecations from when they came in?

Had forgotten they also signed Emre Can in last year for a bit more experience in midfield but seems he's had a few injuries.

Was a massive fan of Julian Brandt at Leverkusen aswell but dosen't seem he's hit same creative heights so far at Dortmund.

It's interesting they really struggle whenever Haaland is missing. Not so long ago they had Paco Alcacer. Mid 20s, 20 odd goals in around 40 games for Dortmund and they signed him for 20m in Feb 2019. A year later he joins Villareal for a little bit more but surely he'd have been ideal backup and you can still bring through likes of Moukoko.

Don't know if Paco was homesick but seems odd to have him on loan, sign him and then just sell him a year later unless they really needed the money.

Not sure they've quite got enough out of the senior players they've signed in last few years but maybe I'm just overrating some of them and they were just signed as squad players anyway, Menuier was unused sub last match.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It's interesting they really struggle whenever Haaland is missing. Not so long ago they had Paco Alcacer. Mid 20s, 20 odd goals in around 40 games for Dortmund and they signed him for 20m in Feb 2019. A year later he joins Villareal for a little bit more but surely he'd have been ideal backup and you can still bring through likes of Moukoko.

Don't know if Paco was homesick but seems odd to have him on loan, sign him and then just sell him a year later unless they really needed the money.
I think he wasn't happy being back up

Alcacer has reportedly told Dortmund officials that he wants to leave the club just 24 hours after the arrival of the prodigal 19-year-old from RB Salzburg.

ForEverEleven

Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
I think PL fans just underestimate the financial difference between Bayern and Dortmund and the rest of the league. Dortmund might be a "feeder club" but to act like it´s that easy to keep hold of players like Lewandowski when Bayern can offer him loads of wages in comparison to what he is earning at Dortmund is too naive. It is not comparable to the relationship between United and Liverpool for example. Our clubs are run differently and clubs beneath Bayern don´t get the ridiculous amounts of TV money PL clubs get.

Every german fan, I think even Bayern fans, would like a more competitive league at the top, no doubt. But the top clubs below Bayern like Dortmund, Leipzig or Leverkusen are not at fault, it´s the distribution of TV money and the financial gap between Bayern and the rest.

Reactions: Cheimoon

Tony247

Exactly. It is elitist to label a team a "feeder club" because they are not one of the richest clubs in the world.
Nothing "elitist" about it. There are certain traits of being a feeder club. A basic quality is that club has a major portion of revenue from transfer in its balance sheet, that a club recruits to sell for x times profit few years later. Haaland and recently Bellingham recruitment come to mind. Now, please don't tell me they signed Haaland as a long term recruitment.

If you compare them with even PL bottom 10 teams, not one team you can just point out and say yes they are feeder club. Is Newcastle a feeder club? No. Burnley, Brighton, Villa? No. Yes, players do leave lower club for better opportunity but there is a difference. These clubs do not "recruit to sell", it happens that their player perform well and other club come with bag of money they can't refuse. There is a subtle difference of being helpless to sell and farming players to sell.

Dortmund is absolutely a feeder club.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Also, it was widely reported that Sancho wanted to go home back to England... instead they kept him, didn't see that kind of determination when Bayern come knocking...
Lewandowski? They even made him run down his contract to not sell to Bayern.

romufc

Lewandowski? They even made him run down his contract to not sell to Bayern.
Yes, because it was the biggest secret that he will join Bayern on a free? They didn't make him, they had to because Bayern won't pay the money knowing they can get the player for free the year after.

They tried to do it with Werner and that failed, because Leipzig are run differently. You can see they want to improve players and set fair Buy out clauses,.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
From the fact that you didn’t know you are the one who quoted first, didn’t know what was the argument and telling about your reason you joined the forum which no one asked and up to the very last post of yours, to be fair mate, that’s enough to sums it up about you and I don’t expect you trying to understand anything in discussion.
Is that supposed to be tongue in cheek?

Whatever it is, I hope you're just distracting from the fact that all of your arguments are incredibly stupid. Because if you actually mean what you typed you should see a neurologist as soon as possible.

"Dortmund isn't trying enough to overtake Bayern". Honestly, that's so dumb one could think this is an assault on our brain cells. What's next? Do you think you can win the Formula 1 driving a Toyota Prius if you just try hard enough? Or outspend if Bill Gates if you really, really want it?

Holy shit, sometimes you need to take a step back and really let sink in what next lexel nonsense you guys are seriously arguing :lol: You've probably made more dumb statements on the last three pages than Homer in 30+ seasons of the Simpsons :houllier:

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yes, because it was the biggest secret that he will join Bayern on a free? They didn't make him, they had to because Bayern won't pay the money knowing they can get the player for free the year after.

They tried to do it with Werner and that failed, because Leipzig are run differently. You can see they want to improve players and set fair Buy out clauses,.
Bayern never wanted Werner. He doesn’t fit their setup one tiny bit.
Regarding your first point: Dortmund playing hardball when it comes to Sancho/United is showing strength. Not selling Lewandowski is not. Gotcha.

Anyways, i am out of this thread. It makes me want to agree with Zehner and Dortmund fans and that is much too much for me.

Tony247

Whatever it is, I hope you're just distracting from the fact that all of your arguments are incredibly stupid. Because if you actually mean what you typed you should see a neurologist as soon as possible.

"Dortmund isn't trying enough to overtake Bayern". Honestly, that's so dumb one could think this is an assault on our brain cells. What's next? Do you think you can win the Formula 1 driving a Toyota Prius if you just try hard enough? Or outspend if Bill Gates if you really, really want it?

Holy shit, sometimes you need to take a step back and really let sink in what next lexel nonsense you guys are seriously arguing :lol: You've probably made more dumb statements on the last three pages than Homer in 30+ seasons of the Simpsons :houllier:
Don't be so dismissive. He has a merit. 8 consecutive years, 8 fecking years Bayern is winning the league, and most likely 9th time this year. Disgraceful competition. I am sorry being very harsh but the blame has to go to other feeble clubs.

This monopoly has eroded competitiveness of the league and harmed its popularity. The other clubs bend over to Bayern when they come calling. Look at the transfer fees they paid in last 10 years to the fellow clubs. Peanuts! You are Germany ffs. Not some poor famine country.

Now compare that to PL. Top clubs in PL fork out 40m, 50m if they want to sign a PL player. What does that tell you? This tax has made a dozen PL teams highly competitive.

Grow some spine and stand up to the bully instead of defending them on another league's team's forum. Pathetic.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

So where did I say ‘’Dortmund isn't trying enough to overtake Bayern" ?? :lol: Come on! Stop making things up because you are just making yourself so stupid here.

All I said is that Dortmund has potential to win few more bundesliga trophies but in reality they are just feeding club, stepping stone club just like other teams in bundesliga and this proves the original point that Bayern has no rival in the competition which is why they waste their time in here to big up the feeding clubs. You are so butthurt because you can’t accept reality.

The potential of bundesliga is huge because it’s a league from Germany, a national team that won more trophies than England, a team that always one of the top of the World Cup winning contender in every generation. It shows there are so much talents especially the local players playing in the competition but the other 17 clubs or more still end up bending over to Bayern. Really sad.

If pretending to be smart is your way to console yourself, have it your way. Because in reality I feel sorry for you.

Last edited:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I love German football, the atmosphere around games is incredible, not just in the stadium, it really does get so many things right, but a league in which the winner is decided before August is always gonna be a lesser league :(
Serie A is much more exciting again now due to the kind of ambition from the non-Juve clubs that Dortmund appear to clearly lack.

Between 2010-2013 the Bundesliga gained popularity like never before, and you wanted to tune in, it should have been a catalyst for so much more than a decade of total domination by one club.
The only thing happening in Italy is that Juventus has dropped significantly in quality this season.
The way you can make competition possible is if the chasing pack upgrades or the leader downgrades. Juve did the latter unintentionally
AC Milan the table topper is showing ambition by gathering all the dross no one wants like Tomori and Mandzukic, Or Inter Milan that couldn't even make it from their CL group 2 seasons in a row

Its possible to have a competitive Bundesliga like in the mid-2000 where clubs like Bremen, Stuttgart and Wolfsburg were winning but that means Bayern will have to be just above average and not competitive in Europe
Did you tune in to watch it those years when they were "competitive" or did you tune in to watch Ligue 1 between 2007 and 2013 when 6 different teams won in 6 seasons?
You can now start by asking why cant the chasing Bundesliga pack upgrade and be on the level of Bayern? And your answer will be No money

Without Roman, Sheikh Mansoor, Possibly Man Utd would have won 16 of the last 20 EPL with Arsenal, Leicester winning the odd one when Man Utd is bored

Without foreign investment, EPL will basically be a Bundesliga

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
So where did I say ‘’Dortmund isn't trying enough to overtake Bayern" ?? :lol: Come on! Stop making things up because you are just making yourself so stupid here.

All I said is that Dortmund has potential to win few more bundesliga trophies but in reality they are just feeding club, stepping stone club just like other teams in bundesliga and this proves the original point that Bayern has no rival in the competition which is why they waste their time in here to big up the feeding clubs. You are so butthurt because you can’t accept reality.

The potential of bundesliga is huge because it’s a league from Germany, a national team that won more trophies than England, a team that always one of the top of the World Cup winning contender in every generation. It shows there are so much talents especially the local players playing in the competition but the other 17 clubs or more still end up bending over to Bayern. Really sad.

If pretending to be smart is your way to console yourself, have it your way. Because in reality I feel sorry for you.
And that's what Bundesliga fans in here are trying desparately to explain you: You are wrong. Dortmund is several orders of magnitude below Bayern financially. They have as much potential of winning the league as Leicester. Bayern is at least a decade of fast growth ahead. They are driving a Formula 1 car in this competition while the rest is riding bicycles. It is that one sided. And if the German league has this potential, why is our TV deal not even half as large as yours? Without TV money, without investors (50+1 rule) how is anyone supposed to challenge a club that is decades ahead?

Honestly, I'm running out of phrases to explain how one sided the Bundesliga is.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
I think PL fans just underestimate the financial difference between Bayern and Dortmund and the rest of the league. Dortmund might be a "feeder club" but to act like it´s that easy to keep hold of players like Lewandowski when Bayern can offer him loads of wages in comparison to what he is earning at Dortmund is too naive. It is not comparable to the relationship between United and Liverpool for example. Our clubs are run differently and clubs beneath Bayern don´t get the ridiculous amounts of TV money PL clubs get.

Every german fan, I think even Bayern fans, would like a more competitive league at the top, no doubt. But the top clubs below Bayern like Dortmund, Leipzig or Leverkusen are not at fault, it´s the distribution of TV money and the financial gap between Bayern and the rest.
What about the TV money distribution is unfair? Below are some of the things I saw on the Bundesliga TV money sharing and how is this different from what the EPL does? Looking at the below, what better distribution they can come up with?

He'sRaldo

And that's what Bundesliga fans in here are trying desparately to explain you: You are wrong. Dortmund is several orders of magnitude below Bayern financially. They have as much potential of winning the league as Leicester. Bayern is at least a decade of fast growth ahead. They are driving a Formula 1 car in this competition while the rest is riding bicycles. It is that one sided. And if the German league has this potential, why is our TV deal not even half as large as yours? Without TV money, without investors (50+1 rule) how is anyone supposed to challenge a club that is decades ahead?

Honestly, I'm running out of phrases to explain how one sided the Bundesliga is.
To be fair, you guys would rather Bayern win the next 20 titles than have foreign investors, so the situation is definitely self-inflicted.

I agree with what you wrote in the thread, but you can't really complain about the results when most Bundesliga fans prefer it this way.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Who's fault was that?

Would Liverpool let Salah's contract run down so he can join us? Or would we stick a low clause in Greenwood's so City could sweep him up?

Making out like there was nothing Dortmund could do about it is so far from the truth it's untrue, they treat the club as a place to nurture talent and sell on. The Hummels deal was almost hilarious, "doing the right thing for a great servant", fecking hell, yeah like I can imagine Liverpool selling us VVD in a few years for an incredibly fair price as a reward for his service :lol:

Pogba will be sold, even on the cheap, to an overseas club, long before the likes of Liverpool or City could take him for free.
Why didn't United keep CR7?

If you can answer that you might understand why a club like Dortmund is more often in such a position.

To be fair, you guys would rather Bayern win the next 20 titles than have foreign investors, so the situation is definitely self-inflicted.

I agree with what you wrote in the thread, but you can't really complain about the results when most Bundesliga fans prefer it this way.
Of course they would or why should anyone want a league in which a team only wins because they won the "investor lottery"?
People might not like (hate) Bayern in Germany but at least everyone can respect the fact that Bayern earned everything through hard work over decades. The success of the club wasn't gifted and it's not like the club was ever "destined" to be so big. In the early 80s Bayern was hugely in debt (one of the reasons why a player like KHR had to be sold) and the HSV was Germany's #1 club. Hamburg is btw a perfect example of "what could have been". They had everything to become a top club: Huge and wealthy city, great players/tradition, great stadium, good income etc. and yet nowadays they play in the 2nd(!) league.
So yeah, there is a huge gap between Bayern and everyone else but that's only the case because Bayern has been extremely successful for many decades now while other clubs with similar potential simply failed to develop any kind of consistency. Even Dortmund missed a huge chance in the early 2000s which set them back many, many years (they pretty much lost a decade in growth which is enormous in modern football, Bayern for example more than doubled its income in the last 10 years) and they are still playing catch-up.
It also doesn't help clubs like Dortmund that the international competition is "cheating" which is why a lot of german posters/Bundesliga followers get annoyed at this feeder club talk. It ignores the fact that Dortmund isn't just competing with Bayern, it's competing with clubs which don't have any real financial limits or at least have huge advantages due to their domestic markets.
And yes it is "self-inflicted" not to use investors but in the same way it's a "self-inflicted" choice not to use slavery. :p

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

Oh please. Don't make excuse of this financial shit, it's Bundesliga FFS! That's why I keep mentioning Germany national team because majority your local players play in Bundesliga whether it's past or present. There are enormous local talents in the country and the local players don't cost huge like the British players.

Bayern is ahead now because they are built to win not to be stepping stone or feeding clubs like the others. They are smart to take advantage of the Germany/Local talents that is not even cost much. They signed Kimmich for just 7m euro and now he's a world class :lol:

Fact is that Bayern is like the other Bundesliga teams in term of buying players, they don't try to buy mega expensive fees signings like EPL or La Liga. They even refused to pay for Lewandowski and chose to wait until his contract run out to got him for free.

Why didn't United keep CR7?
Such a stupid point @HerrLeinad

Sometimes players want to leave, no shit. Unlike Dortmund we haven’t made a habbit of making it easy for the likes of Pogba or Rooney to feck off and therefore make it commonplace.
I can tell you for certain that 200m quid wouldn’t have made United sell Ronaldo to Liverpool, because of the president it sets.
The more you do it, the more players expect it. That’s why the likes of Haaland now join, because they’ve made themselves a fecking stepping stone for fecks sake.

I swear some of you lot would argue the sky aint blue.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Oh please. Don't make excuse of this financial shit, it's Bundesliga FFS! That's why I keep mentioning Germany national team because majority your local players play in Bundesliga whether it's past or present. There are enormous local talents in the country and the local players don't cost huge like the British players.

Bayern is ahead now because they are built to win not to be stepping stone or feeding clubs like the others. They are smart to take advantage of the Germany/Local talents that is not even cost much. They signed Kimmich for just 7m euro and now he's a world class :lol:

Fact is that Bayern is like the other Bundesliga teams in term of buying players, they don't try to buy mega expensive fees signings like EPL or La Liga. They even refused to pay for Lewandowski and chose to wait until his contract run out to got him for free.
What do you do when a bigger club with bigger pockets come for your players and Offer them more salary
What was Arsenal able to do when City came to raid Sagna Clichy, Nasri Adebayor offering them bigger wages

Bayern has deeper pockets, they can afford to spend 50M on Sane, 80M on Lucas. They can afford to offer their players competitive wages that make them stay. Which was what they did when Madrid came for Ribery Lahm Schweini, Lewandoski. What should poorer clubs in the Bundesliga do to spend this type of money or offer this type of wages?

What do you do when a bigger club with bigger pockets come for your players? Offer them more salary
What was Arsenal able to do when City came to raid Sagna Clichy, Nasri Adebayor?
Arsenal are the perfect example of what happens when you go full Dortmund.

Yes you offer them more money, as we did with Rooney, when a club with far bigger pockets was knocking.
If you can’t offer them more, sell them abroad before you end up in that position. And don’t set stupidly low release clauses.

tjb

What do you do when a bigger club with bigger pockets come for your players and Offer them more salary
What was Arsenal able to do when City came to raid Sagna Clichy, Nasri Adebayor offering them bigger wages

Bayern has deeper pockets, they can afford to spend 50M on Sane, 80M on Lucas. They can afford to offer their players competitive wages that make them stay. Which was what they did when Madrid came for Ribery Lahm Schweini, Lewandoski. What should poorer clubs in the Bundesliga do to spend this type of money or offer this type of wages?
That is why a lot of teams lost respect for Arsenal, till this day they haven't recovered from the shame.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Sometimes players want to leave, no shit. Unlike Dortmund we haven’t made a habbit of making it easy for the likes of Pogba or Rooney to feck off and therefore make it commonplace.
I can tell you for certain that 200m quid wouldn’t have made United sell Ronaldo to Liverpool, because of the president it sets.
Who cares about Liverpool? You sold a great player to a big international competitor. You also still ignore that in the end it does come down to facts like money and what the player wants. That's why you have the option not to sell to rivals because for most of your history your fellow english rivals weren't the clubs who would have paid the most or were ever viable destinations for a player like CR7.
You don't make a habit of letting players go because you mostly don't have to. Dortmund isn't selling players just by choice either and I don't get why people like you have such a hard time to understand it especially in obvious cases like Götze and Lewandowski.

The more you do it, the more players expect it. That’s why the likes of Haaland now join, because they’ve made themselves a fecking stepping stone for fecks sake.

I swear some of you lot would argue the sky aint blue.
You again fail to understand that every club is a "stepping stone" outside of a very few selected clubs and one might argue that even United hasn't been fully within that circle in the last couple of years.
So if Dortmund is a feeder club then so are 99,99% of all clubs in world football, what meaning then does such a term have?
You even seem to grasp to a certain extent WHY Dortmund does it, precisely so they can get players like Haaland, someone who could have gone to ANY club otherwise including United and yet he chose Dortmund.
Is it better never to have players like him just so you can avoid childish "feeder club" accusations? Dortmund was a club on the verge of bankruptcy just over a decade ago, they never had the privilege to just ignore the financial realities of football.
The only way for them to compete at the very top level IS to develop players and make good choices in regards to players they buy AND sell.

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Arsenal are the perfect example of what happens when you go full Dortmund.

Yes you offer them more money, as we did with Rooney, when a club with far bigger pockets was knocking.
If you can’t offer them more, sell them abroad before you end up in that position. And don’t set stupidly low release clauses.
That is why a lot of teams lost respect for Arsenal, till this day they haven't recovered from the shame.
When you don't have the money, there is really nothing you can do. You cannot force them abroad or block them from a specific club because a player has to accept a deal else you have a Gallas deal where he threatens to kick players and score own goals
E.g City wants Salah, They are ready to give him 500k a week, No team abroad can afford that. What options does Liverpool have to keep Salah? Give me options here. He can run down his contract and walk to City for free. You cannot force a player to a club he doesn't want if he has an overwhelming motive(Load of money) to only choose 1 club
The only player Dortmund sold to Bayern was Gotze for 45M release clause. In 2011/12 when the release clause was set 45M was not cheap
We have seen how Madrid got Figo from their fiercest rival, The only option is to keep offering more money until you are bankrupt and German laws don't allow you to run on debt or give you a rich sugar daddy bailout

The old Arsenal fought tooth and nail to stop Fergie nicking Vieira, the new Arsenal (after they allowed City to do that and cemented their stepping stone status), sold us RVP ffs :lol:
That was because Fergie did not offer enough, If they offer a very high amount, Viera will run down his contract or trigger a release clause if he had one like Figo did

Last edited:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag

100k p/w euro to 200k p/w euro is equivalent to 5m euro to 10m euro per year. Dortmund for example ripping Barcelona off by sold Dembele for 105m euro plus 45m euro and they also received good amount of money from Aubameyang who was ageing which reasonable to sell him due to his age. Honestly, with that amount of money from Dembele & Aubameyang, it's enough to give some players big contract and combine that with cheap transfer fees from top local talents and the good development coaching to develop young players like Sancho or Reyna and etc, I see some potential there.

This is what makes Bayern so good, they can find cheap transfer fees top talent players especially in local, taking advantage of it and because of that, they are focusing their money more on paying the wages instead of on transfer fees to win more trophies and build the status of the club to be more worldwide. They are built to win and to be big not to be feeding clubs. There are some expensive transfer fees but compare to the amount of cheap ones they signed, it's nothing. I won't be surprised that you guys are going to sign Upamecano. :lol: His release clause this year is almost half from last season, another Bayern specialty in their transfer business.

And that's why Arsenal is becoming laughing stocks because they are turning into feeding clubs and the fans were so upset about it. The fans from other teams in Bundesliga are okay and accept it, and thanks to that the clubs are not in under pressure to keep being feeding club or stepping stones.

E.g City wants Salah, They are ready to give him 500k a week, No team abroad can afford that. What options does Liverpool have to keep Salah? Give me options here. He can run down his contract and walk to City for free. You cannot force a player to a club he doesn't want if he has an overwhelming motive(Load of money) to only choose 1 club
Heinze wanted Liverpool, United said go feck yourself.

Owen wanted to go back to Liverpool, Madrid said go to the highest bidder Newcastle or spend 2 seasons in the reserves. Madrid did similar when ADM desperately wanted to go to PSG but United were offering more.

Robinho another example... I could go on?

There's plenty clubs can do, that's exactly why Salah or Pogba won't end up at City.

If the player is fine sitting in the reserves for a season or two, yeah sure, there's nothing you can do, but no top player is that desperate for just one club. Once Lewa starting stalling on a deal, he should have been offered to foreign clubs at a cut price. Lewa isn't turning down Madrid, Barca, Juve, United at that point. Allowing him to do what he did was a mistake of epic proportions.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

Still nothing substantial. Tell me how any club in the Bundesliga should overcome the difference in spending power without investors. If Bayern can offer a bench player more than the rest of the league can offer the stars of their squad, even if they pay more than they can afford, what's your solution? Bet on talents? That's exactly what Dortmund, Leverkusen and Leipzig are doing and they can't overcome the inconsistency which inevitably comes with developing young players. Your points are just nonsensical from start to finish.

As if Dortmund wants to be a feeder club :lol:

M16Red

Wonder if Bellingham is looking at donny and thinking he made the correct decision?

How is Sancho doing?

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen

On point. Which is why I'm all for abandoning 50+1. But you're right, I'm definitely in the minority. Many fans in Germany absolutrly despise the EPL because of Chelsea and City. Some even think so about United because the only thing they kbow is that they are owned by an investor, too.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
On point. Which is why I'm all for abandoning 50+1
your club is already exempt from 50+1 and owned by a company as rich as your average oil state, doesn't make a difference either

in general, thank feck we have this thread, to keep all this repetitive, neverending, moronic nonsense that makes you want to gouge out your brain with a table spoon out of the German Football thread

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
your club is already exempt from 50+1 and owned by a company as rich as your average oil state, doesn't make a difference either

in general, thank feck we have this thread, to keep all this repetitive, neverending, moronic nonsense that makes you want to gouge out your brain with a table spoon out of the German Football thread
You're so superior, everyone looks up to you

That exactly how they are run, so the guys running the show want that even if the fans don't.
Yeah no.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Still nothing substantial. Tell me how any club in the Bundesliga should overcome the difference in spending power without investors. If Bayern can offer a bench player more than the rest of the league can offer the stars of their squad, even if they pay more than they can afford, what's your solution? Bet on talents? That's exactly what Dortmund, Leverkusen and Leipzig are doing and they can't overcome the inconsistency which inevitably comes with developing young players. Your points are just nonsensical from start to finish.

As if Dortmund wants to be a feeder club :lol:
:lol: Where did I say they should overcome the difference in spending power? In fact I told you already not to use financial shit as excuse. Don't waste time if you can't be bothered reading and start making things up.

@Hansi Fick just hit you with fact. Ouch :lol:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
100k p/w euro to 200k p/w euro is equivalent to 5m euro to 10m euro per year. Dortmund for example ripping Barcelona off by sold Dembele for 105m euro plus 45m euro and they also received good amount of money from Aubameyang who was ageing which reasonable to sell him due to his age. Honestly, with that amount of money from Dembele & Aubameyang, it's enough to give some players big contract and combine that with cheap transfer fees from top local talents and the good development coaching to develop young players like Sancho or Reyna and etc, I see some potential there.

This is what makes Bayern so good, they can find cheap transfer fees top talent players especially in local, taking advantage of it and because of that, they are focusing their money more on paying the wages instead of on transfer fees to win more trophies and build the status of the club to be more worldwide. They are built to win and to be big not to be feeding clubs. There are some expensive transfer fees but compare to the amount of cheap ones they signed, it's nothing. I won't be surprised that you guys are going to sign Upamecano. :lol: His release clause this year is almost half from last season, another Bayern specialty in their transfer business.

And that's why Arsenal is becoming laughing stocks because they are turning into feeding clubs and the fans were so upset about it. The fans from other teams in Bundesliga are okay and accept it, and thanks to that the clubs are not in under pressure to keep being feeding club or stepping stones.
Is the bold not what Dortmund did and triggered this thread? By giving Sancho a big contract to keep him and remain competitive. Dortmund can find local talents like Bayern too that is if they can pay the salary Bayern can afford that is why their team is filled with Bundesliga talents that Bayern do not want like Thorgan, Brandt etc.
Bayern can afford to buy Lucas, Tolliso and Pavard for prices that will be Dortmund's record fees and stick them on the bench. Upamecano signed a contract with a release clause when he was under the radar, What can Leipzig do about his contract and release clause at this point? Can they force him to increase it? when they will lose him free. Its either Leipsig sells for the release clause to whichever club Upamecano wants(like Gotze) or lose him to Bayern for free (like Lewandoski)

Heinze wanted Liverpool, United said go feck yourself.

Owen wanted to go back to Liverpool, Madrid said go to the highest bidder Newcastle or spend 2 seasons in the reserves. Madrid did similar when ADM desperately wanted to go to PSG but United were offering more.

Robinho another example... I could go on?

There's plenty clubs can do, that's exactly why Salah or Pogba won't end up at City.

If the player is fine sitting in the reserves for a season or two, yeah sure, there's nothing you can do, but no top player is that desperate for just one club. Once Lewa starting stalling on a deal, he should have been offered to foreign clubs at a cut price. Lewa isn't turning down Madrid, Barca, Juve, United at that point. Allowing him to do what he did was a mistake of epic proportions.
Lewa actually turned down Madrid and some clubs to go to Bayern, As Bayern paid him a lot and he had a clear path to the first team at Bayern(One of the top teams in Europe at that time) since he only had to deal with Mandzukic for the starting shirt. At Madrid he would probably have to duke it out with Benzema. He wont just go to any club who doesnt have a plan for him. The same reason Haaland chose Dortmund over Bayern when he left from Salzburg. To be a first team player or the sidekick to Lewa

Is it smart business to sit your highest earner on the bench for 2 seasons while paying him just to prove a point? Good luck if results dont go your way. Maybe a rich club like Man Utd can do that but not a club with limited finances like Dortmund just to prove a point. You prove your point and go into debt

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
I hope Dortmund make the CL just because I want Haaland to stay put an extra year.

Stevondo8

I hope Dortmund make the CL just because I want Haaland to stay put an extra year.
Imagine what would happen to them if they don’t...Haaland, Sancho, Reyna and probably others will have all sorts of clubs sniffing around them.