BVB (Bottlespielverein Borussia Dortmund) watch | You love to see it

Djemba-Djemba

Why are these German fans signing up to a Utd forum to do nothing but talk shit about Utd and cry when people slag off the Bundesliga for being boring and crap?

Becks00

He is just a troll.
I know he is but he is not very good at it. Was actually looking forward to his reply to that.

Another fun fact, past decade has been bundesliga best in Europe in recent times and the Epl's worst but still there's very little in it as regards UCL trophies, finals and semi finals appearances not to mention the Europa.

Stevondo8

Why are you dismissing the years before? Seems convenient. :p
mostly because I had only so much time on the toilet to google. Previous 3 seasons I believe resulted in a quarter final each, 1 round of 16 for Dortmund, 1 group stage for United, and 1 year where each didn’t qualify. So again, not exactly great from either.

Djemba-Djemba

Who the feck knows, but why do people feel the need to slag off the Bundesliga in the first place?
It's a football forum and people discuss football?

Bundesliga doesn't even get much discussion on here anyway because what's the point? Bayern have won the title before a ball is kicked.

Dortmund were a bit smug and fond of the online banter over Sancho last summer and now Utd fans are giving them a bit back because they're having a shite season. I don't see the big deal.

Munich and Leverkusen fans leaping to the defence of Dortmund is what makes no sense to me, I can't imagine signing up to a Bayern forum and spending my time sticking up for Chelsea or fecking Liverpool

Godfather

Nah, it's embarrassing.

It reminds me of the entitled attitudes of many Madrid fans which is why everybody hates them.
The only real entitled ones were Dortmund with their pathethic and small time tweets after Kagawa and Mkhi left. They deserve every shit they get.

Godfather

It's a football forum and people discuss football?

Bundesliga doesn't even get much discussion on here anyway because what's the point? Bayern have won the title before a ball is kicked.

Dortmund were a bit smug and fond of the online banter over Sancho last summer and now Utd fans are giving them a bit back because they're having a shite season. I don't see the big deal.

Munich and Leverkusen fans leaping to the defence of Dortmund is what makes no sense to me, I can't imagine signing up to a Bayern forum and spending my time sticking up for Chelsea or fecking Liverpool
It's a German thing. They dislike each other but dislike every one else even more.

DRM

It's a German thing. They dislike each other but dislike every one else even more.
Interesting, I didn't know that.

Still, fecking alien that to me, can't ever find myself defending any team other than United, let alone the likes of Liverpool, city etc. Come to think of it, even if someone slags off the EPL I couldn't care less.

NYAS

A more pertinent question to ask would be: why don’t La Liga, Serie A and Ligue 1 fans get the same reaction from us? There must be a reason, no?

Gasolin

7th now, I hope they regret deeply that they could not sell Sancho last summer and have to beg clubs to buy him later.

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
Of course you can't because you seem to enjoy feeling a sense of superiority that is only based on following a certain league/club and nothing else.
So do you really want to have a discussion about the psychology of internet fan posting?

PS: Bayern fans (often) have no problem to "defend" other clubs because they don't need to act like "tough boys" on the internet. The club is successful, everyone knows that so no reason to act like an a-hole. Also german clubs might have rivalries but outside of very local ones (think Dortmund/Schalke) most at least can acknowledge it if the competition is doing a good job.
Though you are welcome to talk shit about 1860 and I'm sure no Bayern supporter will stop you. :p

PS: Bayern fans (often) have no problem to "defend" other clubs because they don't need to act like "tough boys" on the internet. The club is successful, everyone knows that so no reason to act like an a-hole.
I mentioned this the other day, and your post just confirms it. Bayern no longer have any “rivals”, it’s just the feeder clubs, the rest and Bayern.
There’s no monster club rivalries like United/Liverpool, Real/Barca or hell even Rangers/Celtic.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I mentioned this the other day, and your post just confirms it. Bayern no longer have any “rivals”, it’s just the feeder clubs, the rest and Bayern.
There’s no monster club rivalries like United/Liverpool, Real/Barca or hell even Rangers/Celtic.
The rivalries are mostly local but not really competitive or meaningful for anyone outside the respective fanbases. Schalke-Dortmund, Bayern-Nürnberg, Bremen-Hamburg, Bayern-1860, St. Pauli-HSV et al.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Well, that's not really a ground breaking revelation isn't it? ;) The German media try to tell us something about the 'Klassiker' but it's a hard narrative to maintain if one of the teams has won 7 or 8 titles in a row so nobody really buys it.

There's no second club of Bayern's level in the Bundesliga and no Bundesliga fan will argue otherwise. But it doesn't tell you much about the quality of therunner ups and mifield. There's something between Bayern level and shit.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Of course you can't because you seem to enjoy feeling a sense of superiority that is only based on following a certain league/club and nothing else.
So do you really want to have a discussion about the psychology of internet fan posting?

PS: Bayern fans (often) have no problem to "defend" other clubs because they don't need to act like "tough boys" on the internet. The club is successful, everyone knows that so no reason to act like an a-hole. Also german clubs might have rivalries but outside of very local ones (think Dortmund/Schalke) most at least can acknowledge it if the competition is doing a good job.
Though you are welcome to talk shit about 1860 and I'm sure no Bayern supporter will stop you. :p
It’s not superiority. It’s called rival, you don’t spend time sticking up for your rival. Unfortunately you don’t understand what rival means because Bayern doesn’t have one :lol:

Bundesliga has potential to be top tier 1 league because there are lot of top top players especially Germany, unfortunately would never be because there is no feeling a sense of rivalry to win the comp in it but just local derby match. As a result, lot of clubs in Bundesliga are feeding clubs apart from Bayern. Truly sad.

Djemba-Djemba

This is exactly right and now you've said it, it all makes sense to me. Bayern don't have any rivals because they're just miles ahead of everyone and all the other German clubs have just accepted that Bayern will win the league every season. So there's just nothing going on there.

@UNITED ACADEMY is also bang on. Disliking rivals is part and parcel of normal football because in England there are actual rivals. It's got feck all to do with superiority or wanting to be an "internet tough guy " :lol:

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This is exactly right and now you've said it, it all makes sense to me. Bayern don't have any rivals because they're just miles ahead of everyone and all the other German clubs have just accepted that Bayern will win the league every season. So there's just nothing going on there.

@UNITED ACADEMY is also bang on. Disliking rivals is part and parcel of normal football because in England there are actual rivals. It's got feck all to do with superiority or wanting to be an "internet tough guy " :lol:
Real Madrid fans in here also don’t spend time sticking up for Barcelona as well as Barcelona fans in here on Real Madrid. @HerrLeinad That’s normal.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
It’s not superiority. It’s called rival, you don’t spend time sticking up for your rival. Unfortunately you don’t understand what rival means because Bayern doesn’t have one :lol:

Bundesliga has potential to be top tier 1 league because there are lot of top top players especially Germany, unfortunately would never be because there is no feeling a sense of rivalry to win the comp in it but just local derby match. As a result, lot of clubs in Bundesliga are feeding clubs apart from Bayern. Truly sad.
It seems a bit silly to criticize everything your rival does just because it's your rival. I despise Bayern as much as you do Liverpool but what's the point of denying that they're a special team against better knowledge? And if the fans I interact with are no pricks, I also don't provoke them. In German football forums there's just as muchnbad blood is it's here between United and German posters, trust me.

And no, the lack of rivalry at the top as nothing to do with attitude. Bayern can spend thrice as much as everyone else bar Dortmund. The third best team in Germany has lesser financial muscle than the 10th in England. TV money is levels below what is paid in the EPL. I believe a third or something like that.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
It seems a bit silly to criticize everything your rival does just because it's your rival. I despise Bayern as much as you do Liverpool but what's the point of denying that they're a special team against better knowledge? And if the fans I interact with are no pricks, I also don't provoke them. In German football forums there's just as muchnbad blood is it's here between United and German posters, trust me.

And no, the lack of rivalry at the top as nothing to do with attitude. Bayern can spend thrice as much as everyone else bar Dortmund. The third best team in Germany has lesser financial muscle than the 10th in England. TV money is levels below what is paid in the EPL. I believe a third or something like that.
Yeah but you don’t spend your time trying to big up your rival in Manchester United forum. :lol: Who does that but fans of the Bundesliga club as well as Bayern fans for obvious reason. No City, Everton & United fans are denying how good Liverpool were last season but they aren’t going to spend their time to big up Liverpool in Bayern forum:lol:

Same goes with Barcelona fans in here. They are not going to spend time to big up Real Madrid in here.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
Yeah but you don’t spend your time trying to big up your rival in Manchester United forum. :lol: Who does that but fans of the Bundesliga club as well as Bayern fans for obvious reason. No City, Everton & United fans are denying how good Liverpool were last season but they aren’t going to spend their time to big up Liverpool in Bayern forum:lol:

Same goes with Barcelona fans in here. They are not going to spend time to big up Real Madrid in here.
People are simply pointing out where they believe you're wrong and of course defending the league. If I were to argue that SAF only won hia titles because the league was so shit then you'd also be arguing against that.

It's also in large parts the ignorance many of you display (at times to intionally provocate) which triggers responses.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
People are simply pointing out where they believe you're wrong and of course defending the league. If I were to argue that SAF only won hia titles because the league was so shit then you'd also be arguing against that.

It's also in large parts the ignorance many of you display (at times to intionally provocate) which triggers responses.
SAF won the titles because the league was so shit? :lol:

Ancelotti, Mourinho, Wenger & Benitez. These are top managers in those generation challenging Sir Alex and managing top clubs not feeding clubs, some of those managers won EPL, some won La Liga and some won UCL. Not sure how it’s shit :lol:

While, Bundesliga teams apart from Bayern is like Spurs when they used to have Bale, Modric, Carrick, Berbatov, Robbie Keane and etc, feeding clubs to the teams above.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
SAF won the titles because the league was so shit? :lol:

Ancelotti, Mourinho, Wenger & Benitez. These are top managers in those generation challenging Sir Alex and managing top clubs not feeding clubs, some of those managers won EPL, some won La Liga and some won UCL. Not sure how it’s shit :lol:

While, Bundesliga teams apart from Bayern is like Spurs when they used to have Bale, Modric, Carrick, Berbatov, Robbie Keane and etc, feeding clubs to the teams above.
This demonstrates my point pretty well. I wrote "if I were to argue" because the following was oviously not my opinion. Regardless, here you are, defending rival teams and their managers at thaat point in time. You are no different to us, just in the majority.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
This demonstrates my point pretty well. I wrote "if I were to argue" because the following was oviously not my opinion. Regardless, here you are, defending rival teams and their managers at thaat point in time. You are no different to us, just in the majority.
But I don't spend my time to big up my rival, that's the point though, you can acknowledge something but who the feck spending their time to big up their rival in other clubs forum apart from you guys & Bayern fans. :lol: Well, I guess I can understand because Bayern has no rival apart from local derby match.

Last edited:
Regarding the German debate though, I'm so disappointed in Dortmund. Such incredible support and such possibilities to be an actual rival to Bayern, something the Bundesliga definitely needs, but after flirting with a rivalry they just seemed to give up after Götze and Lewa, and seem delighted to be a feeder side (when it suits them), more desperate to nurture young players and sell for big fees than to actually give their incredible support what they deserve.
Keeping Sancho wasn't about keeping the best team to rival Bayern, which would be admirable, but it was clearly all about trying to strongarm a club that they thought was desperate into a stupid deal, much as they did to Barca with Dembele. It's weirder still when you consider they have put up no such fights when their players have wanted to join Bayern.

I love German football, the atmosphere around games is incredible, not just in the stadium, it really does get so many things right, but a league in which the winner is decided before August is always gonna be a lesser league :(
Serie A is much more exciting again now due to the kind of ambition from the non-Juve clubs that Dortmund appear to clearly lack.

Between 2010-2013 the Bundesliga gained popularity like never before, and you wanted to tune in, it should have been a catalyst for so much more than a decade of total domination by one club.

Last edited:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I don't think Dortmund lack ambition, they after all signed one of the best young players in world football just 12 months back. Also impressed with them getting Menuier from PSG.

They seem allergic to ever doing anything about keeper situation though for some reason and don't rate the CB options so it's exactly like Liverpool in mid 2017 and we know what they did next.

I don't think Dortmund lack ambition, they after all signed one of the best young players in world football just 12 months back.
With a sell on clause guaranteeing he can feck right off for a nice profit next year and they can do absolutely nothing about it. So by 2022 you can be 100% certain that their best 2 young talents won't be at the club, after spending their pre-peak years there.

#ambition

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
Regarding the German debate though, I'm so disappointed in Dortmund. Such incredible support and such possibilities to be an actual rival to Bayern, something the Bundesliga definitely needs, but after flirting with a rivalry they just seemed to give up after Götze and Lewa, and seem delighted to be a feeder side (when it suits them), more desperate to nurture young players and sell for big fees than to actually give their incredible support what they deserve.
Keeping Sancho wasn't about keeping the best team to rival Bayern, which would be admirable, but it was clearly all about trying to strongarm a club that they thought was desperate into a stupid deal, much as they did to Barca with Dembele. It's weirder still when you consider they have put up no such fights when their players have wanted to join Bayern.

I love German football, the atmosphere around games is incredible, not just in the stadium, it really does get so many things right, but a league in which the winner is decided before August is always gonna be a lesser league :(
Serie A is much more exciting again now due to the kind of ambition from the non-Juve clubs that Dortmund appear to clearly lack.
I'm sure I could be forgetting somebody, but the only players I can think of who made the switch in the recent era are Gotze, Lewandowski and Hummels. Gotze had his release clause activated, and Lewandowski was signed on a bosman. Am I missing someone?

Regarding the second bolded sentence, what's your thinking? Juve have won Serie A the last 9 seasons straight. This season they've dropped off and it's up in the air, but I'm not sure what you mean by "ambition" when referring to the Serie A competitors.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
But I don't spend my time to big up my rival, that's the point though, you can acknowledge something but who the feck spending their time to big up their rival in other clubs forum apart from you guys & Bayern fans. :lol: Well, I guess I can understand because Bayern has no rival apart from local derby match.
I joined the forum because it had interesting discussions in the football section. And as a side effect I hoped to improve my written English. If something is interesting to me, I reply, simple as that. And if the discussion is centered around another Bundesliga team which I know something about, I participate. Talk about how despicable and annoying human beings Hoeneß and Rummenigge arefor instance and I happily agree with you. But thing is, 90% in this thread is disinformed and stupid bullshit which is actually so wrong that it's hard not to call people out on their ignorance.

And what should Dortmund do in your opinion? Trying really hard doesn't change the hard reality that Bayern has multiple times the spending power. I believe you gus don't understand how far in front Bayern actually is to anyone else in the Bundesliga financially. We're probably talking about Everton vs. Manchester City dimensions here. And you also underestimate how poor Bundesliga clubs are compared to EPL clubs in general. David vs. Goliath is an understatement to describe the competitio right now. Bayern is a shark in a tank full of gold fishes - and the tank (TV money) is so small that the others fishes can't even really grow anymore. EPL clubs receive more than twice as much TV money since years. Realistically, no club should be able to even compete with Munich as log as they can invest so much nore.

Also, Dortmund didn't want to sell him - and yes, it was out of ambition. He was likely only on sale for one reason only: That they promised Sancho he could go if a certain amount was offered at a given date when he extended.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I don't think Dortmund lack ambition, they after all signed one of the best young players in world football just 12 months back. Also impressed with them getting Menuier from PSG.

They seem allergic to ever doing anything about keeper situation though for some reason and don't rate the CB options so it's exactly like Liverpool in mid 2017 and we know what they did next.
What @Regulus Arcturus Black said is spot on. Dortmind and other bundesliga teams have so much potential to actually compete with Bayern for long years but unfortunately it never happen because they always end up become the feeding clubs, losing their best young players later on. I won’t be surprised if Upamecano end up joining Bayern.

Zehner

Football Statistics Dork
Supports
Bayer 04 Leverkusen
What @Regulus Arcturus Black said is spot on. Dortmind and other bundesliga teams have so much potential to actually compete with Bayern for long years but unfortunately it never happen because they always end up become the feeding clubs, losing their best young players later on. I won’t be surprised if Upamecano end up joining Bayern.
Could you explain the bolded? I actually don't see any club being able to really compete with Bayern in this decade. If we're lucky we see Dortmund or possibly Leipzig stealing a league title or two from them but that's all we can realistically hope for. People don't understand that even the richest Bundesliga clubs aren't able to make transfers >40m € signing fee or can pay even average EPL salaries. The money simply isn't there. We literally have clubs in this league that can't even stem transfers arund the 3m or 4m € mark.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
I joined the forum because it had interesting discussions in the football section. And as a side effect I hoped to improve my written English. If something is interesting to me, I reply, simple as that. And if the discussion is centered around another Bundesliga team which I know something about, I participate. Talk about how despicable and annoying human beings Hoeneß and Rummenigge arefor instance and I happily agree with you. But thing is, 90% in this thread is disinformed and stupid bullshit which is actually so wrong that it's hard not to call people out on their ignorance.
Why would I care about your reason to join the forum :lol:

Look, you are not the only one here a fans of bundesliga club and you weren’t the one I replied so I don’t know what your argument was, I was replying the Bayern fans called herrleinad who doesn’t understand what rival means. They don’t have rival apart from local derby match, they don’t dislike you lot, they love you because you are feeding them.