Bye bye top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
We won't get top 4 this season, there are far better organised teams around us, teams with a game plan and style of play. Any half decent organised team will take points off us this season.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
:lol:
We'll finish 2nd.

RedSky

Shepherd’s Delight
Scout
We won't get top 4 this season, there are far better organised teams around us, teams with a game plan and style of play. Any half decent organised team will take points off us this season.
Rubbish. Just look at Spurs' fixtures in the next few weeks and you'll see how premature threads like this are. European football changes everything.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It is going to the wire

Our rivals dropped points too

But 3 wins in our last 8 is a tad concerning

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
The only team who gained ground on us was Southampton and Spurs, we are further ahead of Arsenal and Liverpool didn't cut the gap. We're fine.
That is, we're fine as long as Van Gaal realizes that Falcao is shite and shouldn't be starting. Play players in the right positions and we'll be okay.

Roman Bellic

Prick
Too early, but you are probably right... can't wait for our first pre-season game tbh, defending our trophy and all

Mister_Stubbs

It's still more than possible but we really need to buck our ideas up what with the fixtures we have coming up.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Kneejerk.
No, we've played badly all season and have been outright lucky or have De Gea to thank for a fair few points. Of course I want to be proven wrong but just take a look at sides like Spurs, heck even Southampton and watch them play. We have the players and that's about it, no real system, identity or useful plan.

Jev

I'd certainly not put money on it. We're lucky to be where we are, and at the moment I see us finishing sixth. Unfortunately I don't feel like we are able to improve, we've played the same way all season.

shabz

Our recent form hasn't been what it should be but neither has the form of our rivals luckily. Only Tottenham seem to be some consistently good football around us. The main thing is that we start to play well coming into the run in. We have got almost all our players back from injury so finding our best 11 and formation is now the challenge we face. We have the players to get the top 4 and we have the experience to handle the situation as well.

Ryan7

No, we've played badly all season and have been outright lucky or have De Gea to thank for a fair few points. Of course I want to be proven wrong but just take a look at sides like Spurs, heck even Southampton and watch them play. We have the players and that's about it, no real system, identity or useful plan.
Whilst I think your reaction is knee jerk, you make a very good point in that Spurs and Southampton look better than us. However, we haven't played well, yet have gotten results. It's whether we can continue playing poorly but picking up points.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
You're the type of man I'd like to be on the front lines with.

mu4c_20le

shit thread. can see how you were ready to post this before the equalizer, then decided feck it ill start it anyway

crossy1686

career ending
Long way to go yet, as long as we're there or thereabouts coming into the last 5 games we've got a chance.

Please take your pessimism elsewhere, no one likes wallowing. We were bad but it isn't over yet.

RedOldBoy

Playing players out of position won't help us get into the top 4. LVG is too stubborn :mad:

Plus we need to sort out our away form, send Falcao packing, and put Rooney up front, Fellaini and Herrera in midfield and we're good to go.

Brophs

The One and Only
Not sure how hopeful you'll be after scanning March and April's fixtures.
Aye. That's the thing. If we don't have a cushion then all bets are off. There's no reason to assume we'll suddenly raise our game.

Asger

With Rooney as our midfielder, 4th place is like winning the league!! This nonsense need to stop. And Persie - Falcao doesn't work either.

R'hllor

Dunno why people laugh at him,this place is full of his kind.

Status
Not open for further replies.