Bye bye top 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick 0208 Ldn

News 24
It's his head on the block if he doesn't.

Given that Arsenal have gone course and distance on numerous occasions, they are in all likelihood favourites for the final CL spot.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
There is still hope obviously but if it happens that we finish 4th or 3rd, to me it'll feel almost like winning the title. That is how low the bar is set.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
As a team, a proper team, we're not top 4 material. Luckily we have individual ability to somewhat make up for some of it, but it's not working right now.

Moreover it seems to all be our own doing. It's not very smart to play 20 strikers and ignore the importance of having a midfield.

VanGaalEra

:lol: :lol:

Kneejerk after we got a point at a place where Liverpool and City have lost this season.

Spoony

The People's President
Aye. That's the thing. If we don't have a cushion then all bets are off. There's no reason to assume we'll suddenly raise our game.

Yep, other than blind faith we've got nothing. Based on everything we've seen, I suspect we've go a very slim chance. Spurs, Liverpool, Southampton, Arsenal and United all fighting for two spots. I'm not not sure we're better than any of them...

Bojan11

Under a very good manager, we'd be challenging for second with this squad.

Raw

Kneejerk after we got a point at a place where Liverpool and City have lost this season.
We could say that about other teams we failed to win away, like how it was kneejerk to complain about a point against Stoke when Arsenal lost to them away.

When are we actually going to start winning away games? It's not just a problem in the Premier League, we've looked gash in the FA Cup away games too.

SalfordRed1960

We won't get top 4 this season, there are far better organised teams around us, teams with a game plan and style of play. Any half decent organised team will take points off us this season.
Remind me, are the teams by any chance above us? mmmm!

We are not breaking away from anyone and yet no-one is catching up with us.

Don't see the panic, still fancy us against Spurs and Arsenal at OT, draw at Anfield and the bridge, draw against City at OT.

After WHU, there aren't many away games that are too difficult for us. Just need to start playing to win, rather than control.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Okay then. Pack it up lads, lets prepare for next season.
Kneejerk.
What an apt tagline.
fecking muppet
You're the type of man I'd like to be on the front lines with.
shit thread. can see how you were ready to post this before the equalizer, then decided feck it ill start it anyway
How can a poster thats been here since 2007 make such a ridiculous post?
Dunno why people laugh at him,this place is full of his kind.
Again thanks for the useful input. It's called a forum for a reason.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire

Talk about knee jerk reaction.
Why exactly is it knee-jerk? Sure, the trigger for this thread is today's match, but it's not an isolated result and it's been pretty typical of our performances recently. It's too early to be giving up of course, but with our run-in in March and April, coupled with the fact that we've blown any chance of getting a real cushion during our easier run of games, suggesting that we won't get top 4 is hardly a sign of madness.

Personally I have a feeling that the OP might be proved right come seasons end.

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon
Show Premier League
Man Utdv Tottenham

Sun 15 Mar 16:00
Show Premier League
Liverpoolv Man Utd

Sun 22 Mar 13:30
April 2015
Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status
Show Premier League
Man Utdv Aston Villa

Sat 4 Apr 15:00
Show Premier League
Man Utdv Man City

Sat 11 Apr 15:00
Show Premier League
Chelseav Man Utd

Sat 18 Apr 15:00
Show Premier League
Evertonv Man Utd

Sat 25 Apr 15:00
May 2015
Show last 5 matches and coverage Competition Fixture Date Kick-off Status
Show Premier League
Man Utdv West Brom

Sat 2 May 15:00
Show Premier League
Crystal Palacev Man Utd

Sat 9 May 15:00
Show Premier League
Man Utdv Arsenal

Sat 16 May 15:00

LazyRed-Ninja

Dutchman, who could have chosen any tagline.
I sometimes wonder if people justify their post Moyes syndrome when we display performances like today. I dont think we have lowered the bar, not at all. We were 7th last season and the first objective this year is to get back to the front foot of European football and im not talking about the EL. Yes, the performances are mixed, but we seem to be drawing the games we would have lost last season. Its crystal clear that we need to find the accelerator pedal soon to start taking these opportunities, but from a CV point of perspective, we have one of the best managers on board. A cv doesnt win you games thats for sure, but we can atleast expect a genuine top 4 or even top 3 challenge ? I for once believe that we will reach our objective this season. Spreading some positivity when heads are down is always a winner aye ?

soapythecat

Performance aside, not many teams will win at West Ham this season. That front two of there's are very good and polar opposites to our two magnets.
Move on from the game because we are still in the top 4 and played away this season at City, Spurs, Southampton, Asenal already. We can easily finish top 4 and then address this unbalanced squad.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
Why exactly is it knee-jerk? Sure, the trigger for this thread is today's match, but it's not an isolated result and it's been pretty typical of our performances recently. It's too early to be giving up of course, but with our run-in in March and April, coupled with the fact that we've blown any chance of getting a real cushion during our easier run of games, suggesting that we won't get top 4 is hardly a sign of madness.

Personally I have a feeling that the OP might be proved right come seasons end.
You and OP will be supporting all our opponents from now on then. Nice to be proven right aye?

Woodenlung

West Ham had no actual centre backs on the field and hadn't win in 6 games yet we still only managed a last minute equaliser. Top 4 is by no means certain especially with that difficult run of fixtures in March/April. Wouldn't expect Spurs to slip up either they've hammered Chelsea and outplayed Arsenal in the last month.

Hamadovich86

A bit premature to write us off at this point but what's worrying is that we still have some tough games vs Arsenal, Chelsea, City and Liverpool.

HabeasC

We are by far in the worst form of the top 4 challengers.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
You and OP will be supporting all our opponents from now on then. Nice to be proven right aye?
Yes, of course. Because as we know, questioning our chances of getting top 4 after a sequence of poor performances and just before we're about to start the hardest run of games we've had this season = wanting us to lose.

And who said anything about wanting to be proven right? We're expressing our concerns based on what we've seen today, recently, and pretty much all season. I want to be proven wrong. I can't speak for the OP, but I'm pretty certain he'd feel the same. I would love it if at the end of the season my negativity in this thread was as embarrassing as your reply.

Devil may care

The OP may be dramatic but anyone that doesn't think it's going to be a struggle is kidding themselves, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are all looking a lot more dangerous than us in attack and actually bother to play with more than one actual CM.

Raw

The OP may be dramatic but anyone that doesn't think it's going to be a struggle is kidding themselves, Arsenal, Spurs and Liverpool are all looking a lot more dangerous than us in attack and actually bother to play with more than one actual CM.
I agree with you, but to say we're definitely not getting top 4 is pure pessimism.

Robbie Boy

As a team, a proper team, we're not top 4 material. Luckily we have individual ability to somewhat make up for some of it, but it's not working right now.

Moreover it seems to all be our own doing. It's not very smart to play 20 strikers and ignore the importance of having a midfield.
Accommodating strikers at any cost, no matter how out of form they are, is key :nono:

Status
Not open for further replies.