CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Spurs would be daft to pay the rumoured fee for Lo Celso. Overrated IMO.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I think Venezuela will knock Argentina out but at least they didn’t implode against Qatar

The defense for Argentina will be their downfall, they’ll score the sitters eventually

Hopefully Scaloni has found a decent starting XI although I think otamendi is an awful awful defender.

Eddy_JukeZ

Messi has been pretty poor for his standards in this tournament so far.

Don't think I've seen him play worse for the NT at the moment.

Bole Top

Brazil look so much better than everyone, even without Neymar, and I think they'll win it comfortably in the end. with all that space Argentina provided for Qatar, Brazil won't miss the chance to punish them. of course, if Argentina even go past the Venezuela.

it's actually unreal how much potential is being wasted there. they could play Latvia and it would still be a shaky 1-0 or 2-0 win at best. today they won simply by default, because they simply have much better players. if this was the first game of football you've ever watched, you wouldn't believe if someone told you that Aguero (before the goal) and Messi are actually the best attackers you can find.

Messi in particular looks so tired and slow.

izec

Messi has been pretty poor for his standards in this tournament so far.

Don't think I've seen him play worse for the NT at the moment.
Should retire and focus on club football. He is quite clearly not the youngest and affected by fatigue in the summer, which isnt a surprise, considering how early he started playing.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Wait so the winner of group B plays the second of group C while the second in group B plays the second of group A?

Colombia are being punished for playing well :lol: they should have lost on purpose vs Argentina

haram

Should retire and focus on club football. He is quite clearly not the youngest and affected by fatigue in the summer, which isnt a surprise, considering how early he started playing.
Third time retiring?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
I reckon he'll stick around until 2020 as Argentina co-hosting next year's Copa so last proper chance to win something with NT.

Don't see him making Qatar tbh.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Wait so the winner of group B plays the second of group C while the second in group B plays the second of group A?

Colombia are being punished for playing well :lol: they should have lost on purpose vs Argentina
Queirós gets 9 points with Colombia and faces Uruguay or Chile. Somethings never change.:lol:

Mark_Barca

Supports
Barcelona
Madness how failing to perform in a group of can be beneficial. Portugal at Euros is a prime example, finish third and all the top sides bar Croatia/Belgium are all together on the opposite side and get a close to easy route to the final bar the last 16.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Brazil look so much better than everyone, even without Neymar, and I think they'll win it comfortably in the end. with all that space Argentina provided for Qatar, Brazil won't miss the chance to punish them. of course, if Argentina even go past the Venezuela.

it's actually unreal how much potential is being wasted there. they could play Latvia and it would still be a shaky 1-0 or 2-0 win at best. today they won simply by default, because they simply have much better players. if this was the first game of football you've ever watched, you wouldn't believe if someone told you that Aguero (before the goal) and Messi are actually the best attackers you can find.

Messi in particular looks so tired and slow.
And that’s the crazy part. I agree, Messi hasn’t been good by his standards and yet comfortably for Argentina he’s their best player.

Not good.

The AFA is corrupt and pathetic. They’ll be much worse when Messi leaves.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona

Just like Portugal getting one of the easiest brackets in recent Euro history for a tourney winner despite looking incredible mediocre in the group stage and barely scraping by.

It goes both ways.

Bruno Marques

Supports
Vitória de Setúbal
Just like Portugal getting one of the easiest brackets in recent Euro history for a tourney winner despite looking incredible mediocre in the group stage and barely scraping by.

It goes both ways.
Portugal was third and played against a team that placed first in front of Spain. A team that would 2 years later be at a world cup final.

If that isn't different of a team on secon place is going to play against a team that also placed second I don't know what it is.

You are totally missing the point

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP

It goes both ways.
Croatia-Poland-Belgium-France
Just the 3 teams that made the podium of the WC... such an easy bracket.

Great retaliation for something that I never said though

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Brazil look so much better than everyone, even without Neymar, and I think they'll win it comfortably in the end. with all that space Argentina provided for Qatar, Brazil won't miss the chance to punish them. .
Doesn't often work as easily as that though.

If I got a pound for every time Chelsea played badly against a shit team with a big game coming up which triggered the "said big team will punish them" and it never happened like that.

For all we know Argentina will raise their game by then.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Portugal should have gone out in the groups anyway. Absolute joke system where a 3rd placed side with 3 fecking points could go through.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Queirós gets 9 points with Colombia and faces Uruguay or Chile. Somethings never change.:lol:
It was always designed to give Brazil the easiest possible route to the final so something like that was bound to happen.

I wouldn't mind losing tomorrow and Japan somehow pipping us to hijack that route. Not keen on facing Colombia or Peru next.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
Doesn't often work as easily as that though.

If I got a pound for every time Chelsea played badly against a shit team with a big game coming up which triggered the "said big team will punish them" and it never happened like that.

For all we know Argentina will raise their game by then.
This is my fear

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
It was always designed to give Brazil the easiest possible route to the final so something like that was bound to happen.

I wouldn't mind losing tomorrow and Japan somehow pipping us to hijack that route. Not keen on facing Colombia or Peru next.
Queirós teams normally struggle on the knockouts if they suffer a goal first. It can happen against Chile or Uruguay. Just a feeling next week he will be moaning on the post match press conference.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Madness how failing to perform in a group of can be beneficial. Portugal at Euros is a prime example, finish third and all the top sides bar Croatia/Belgium are all together on the opposite side and get a close to easy route to the final bar the last 16.
Tbf no one was happy to face Croatia on the last 16 after the Hungary match. But imho the Euros or Copa America shouldn’t have 12 or 24 teams, as the under 21 Euros too, where only one second placed team advances to the last 4.

eltigreFalcao

La Copa América is not, imo, well organized. Its a pitty that it does not include every state in south america but it does invite Qatar and Japan. That's a bit of an absurd to me. Also it should be merged with the Gold Cup. As for the group Colombia did fairly better than every other team and, Brazil aside, is the best playing NT in the tournament. I can see Colombia getting past Uruguay or Chile as has done in recent times.

Hopefully we manage to win our second Copa America

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
I reckon he'll stick around until 2020 as Argentina co-hosting next year's Copa so last proper chance to win something with NT.

Don't see him making Qatar tbh.
He aaid
Croatia-Poland-Belgium-France
Just the 3 teams that made the podium of the WC... such an easy bracket.

Great retaliation for something that I never said though
The bracket included Belgium. Wales fairly beat them
Imagine thinking the 2016 version of those 3 teams was anything close to their 2018 versions

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Nice that Argentina plays at a reasonable hour in Europe next Friday, makes it a little bit easier to watch it. Don't know how good Venezuela are but they have an unexpected realistic chance at the semis now.

Might stay up for Chile-Uruguay tonight although I expect both teams to go through.

antohan

Queirós teams normally struggle on the knockouts if they suffer a goal first. It can happen against Chile or Uruguay. Just a feeling next week he will be moaning on the post match press conference.
They will struggle more the deeper it goes. Would rather test them in a final, not the quarters.

Again, I'd rather play Brazil and then potentially get Argentina. Suits us better psychologically and style-wise. I'd ve worried at arriving at the final with 4 players out injured or suspended, mind.

antohan

Imagine thinking the 2016 version of those 3 teams was anything close to their 2018 versions
In fairness, I expected Croatia and France to be the finalists at the last Euros.

They were one of the best teams at the 2014 WC group stage but got robbed blind against Brazil which left them chasing the last game against Mexico and getting sucker punched.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea

Days rest is hugely in favour of Brazil as well. Think they have 1 extra day for the semi and 2 for the potential final.

SharpshooterTom

Don't write Argentina off.

Portugal were useless in the group stages in Euro 2016, barely qualified and then won the whole thing.

Still have big players who at least have the potential to hurt anyone in this competition. Wouldn't surprise me if Messi ran riot and scored back to back hatricks against Venezuela and Brazil.

Although if Argentina do win it his fanboys will drone on about how he's now has a better legacy with Argentina than Maradona has and how Copa America is as big as the Euro's etc.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Messi is a championship player if you are going by Argentina national team performance.
Jesus wept... he's hardly been the best ever at international level but you are making a bit of a jump to championship.

SharpshooterTom

There's no fecking chance in hell Argentina could beat Brazil in this Copa America.
Why do people say stuff like this like its a certainty? Brazil have hardly been spectacular in the last few years either.

Greece won Euro 2004 and Leicester won the league 2016, football's never been about certainties.

They've got some very good players who could put a run together.

A lot of these tournaments are about luck anyway, Portugal proved that in Euro's.