CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

wr8_utd

:'(
The penalties after 90 mins has made some of the matches really boring. Smaller teams are coming just to play for penalties right from the start. Extra time is usually pointless but this is making games a bit rubbish.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Just watched the highlights. 3 offside goals for Uruguay and two absolute sitters. While there was one effort wide off target for Peru.

Chile looking very likely to progress to the final now. Sanchez shop-window.

Charlie Foley

Ay...we didnt concede an goal from open play the whole tournament.

Sheva missed the first one.
And we went on to score the absolute amount of cero goals in our next three attempts. Leading Ukraine to a famous 3:0 win over penaltys.

Concratulations Peru!
Wasn’t the last penalty a panenka

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Without VAR this would have finished a comfortable 4-1 once the advantage made for a more open game.
Why? All of your goals were flagged for offside by the linesman? VAR changed nothing

Bole Top

He should have cried a lot more after the 4-0 vs Liverpool.
he actually said recently that it was the worst moment in his entire career, that 4-0 loss. apparently wasn't even taking kids to school for several days.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
Why? All of your goals were flagged for offside by the linesman? VAR changed nothing
They wouldn't be in the past. Rule always (correctly) was "if in doubt favour the attacking side", now it is "let everything play out and ask for VAR at the end".

There's absolutely no way the same linos that fecked up so often in the past now have such laser precision.

No sour grapes, that's how it is. Just pointing out all these disallowed goals do is keep the deadlocks going longer. Goals change games and make them more open, after a quarter with 3 0-0s amid 5 disallowed goals it's a valid observation re: VAR.

antohan

I cannot believe no one has responded to this. I'have had an irrational hard-on for Argentina since the Batistuta years, but I now really hope you guys go ahead and do it.
I didn't get back to you yesterday as I had a feeling the answer would be obvious soon enough. Rat faced cnut comes out smelling of roses there, so best ignored.

DrRodo

Honest worker, never posts
Bah i really wanted us to face Uruguay again in the semis. I think we really had a good chance of beating them and having our vendetta.

But the sight of ratface crying and being the main culprit makes it worth it :lol::lol::lol:

I must be honest. Nobody in Chile expected us to get to the semifinal, with our golden generation being old at the moment, but i am surprised how Rueda has got us so solid defensively (zero shots on target from the best team in the group phase)

It would be so funny if we reach a third final in a row agains the Argies. Bring it on!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Bah i really wanted us to face Uruguay again in the semis. I think we really had a good chance of beating them and having our vendetta.

But the sight of ratface crying and being the main culprit makes it worth it :lol::lol::lol:

I must be honest. Nobody in Chile expected us to get to the semifinal, with our golden generation being old at the moment, but i am surprised how Rueda has got us so solid defensively (zero shots on target from the best team in the group phase)

It would be so funny if we reach a third final in a row agains the Argies. Bring it on!
Why does press in Chile hate Rueda so much? Surely there must be realisation that your greatest generation are coming to the end and the drop off is going to be quite dramatic.

I remember the pretty good Chile team of the 90s, brilliant front two of Salas and Zamorano and then likes of Sierra and Maragas. All retired or got massive injury issues (Salas) from 2000 and Chile actually finished bottom of the 2002 qualifiers. Didn't qualify for 2006 either.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Going to change my prediction....just seen Messi was actually singing Argentina national anthem before Veneuzela game. :eek: He feels something special is gonna happen in his bones with this sudden change of tactic. :D

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
They wouldn't be in the past. Rule always (correctly) was "if in doubt favour the attacking side", now it is "let everything play out and ask for VAR at the end".

There's absolutely no way the same linos that fecked up so often in the past now have such laser precision.

No sour grapes, that's how it is. Just pointing out all these disallowed goals do is keep the deadlocks going longer. Goals change games and make them more open, after a quarter with 3 0-0s amid 5 disallowed goals it's a valid observation re: VAR.
What? No. If they're flagging it's because they thought it was offside. VAR wouldn't have changed that.

antohan

That's the one scenario where I would like you to win it, just so I can use this again... for a third time in a row :lol:

Translation: In red the countries that have lost a final against Chile

antohan

What? No. If they're flagging it's because they thought it was offside. VAR wouldn't have changed that.
He correctly flagged the first with Nandez offside straight away. The other two weren't flagged per se, it was a "let's check VAR" call since they basically get the fallback to check everything anyway. That is, if there were no VAR he likely wouldn't have flagged them.

All in all, VAR is giving us more penalties and less goals from open play, that much is clear.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
He correctly flagged the first with Nandez offside straight away. The other two weren't flagged per se, it was a "let's check VAR" call since they basically get the fallback to check everything anyway. That is, if there were no VAR he likely wouldn't have flagged them.
Of course he woule have. Precisely because they have VAR, so even if he made a mistake it would be corrected.

And Suarez one was flagged straight away as well. Only Cavani's wasn't, and that was because the play didn't finish immediately

antohan

Of course he woule have. Precisely because they have VAR, so even if he made a mistake it would be corrected.

And Suarez one was flagged straight away as well. Only Cavani's wasn't, and that was because the play didn't finish immediately
We are clearly discussing different things. I'm basically saying that WITHOUT VAR linos would actually have to make a decision and, when borderline, the instruction was to favour the attacking side.

You are saying they can be flag happy or let things play out because they know they have VAR anyway to correct them.

With NO VAR at least one of those would have been allowed, if not two, Peru would have had to come out and try score... it would have been a 3-1, 4-1 or 4-2. We got none of that. Three QFs ended 0-0, it's incredibly boring, the blood and thunder of the Copa is gone if Chile goals are disallowed and Colombia carries on zombie passing their way to penalties, same with the other two.

I'm not saying VAR is shit, I'm not against VAR, but this tourno has been incredibly dull and sterile.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
We are clearly discussing different things. I'm basically saying that WITHOUT VAR linos would actually have to make a decision and, when borderline, the instruction was to favour the attacking side.
No we're not. You're saying that without VAR those linos wouldn't have flagged the offside, because they wouldn't have been sure about it. I'm saying they *were* sure about it, hence they flagged. You're saying VAR makes linesman trigger happy when flagging offsides. I'm saying it's the other way around

paraguayo

Supports
neutral
No we're not. You're saying that without VAR those linos wouldn't have flagged the offside, because they wouldn't have been sure about it. I'm saying they *were* sure about it, hence they flagged. You're saying VAR makes linesman trigger happy when flagging offsides. I'm saying it's the other way around
I agree with you. I kept reading about VAR so I watched the highlights and the linesmen called all offsides. People just want to blame VAR for everything.

antohan

Agree to disagree I guess. I'm positive without VAR as fallback you wouldn't have all three being flagged offside, or three QFs ending 0-0.

I guess it is fair to say the perception is skewed because now they let play go on so whereas in the past the Cavani one may have just been just another offside call, now it is a disallowed goal.

Also, I mentioned a few days back the 4th vs Ecuador was a case of a favourable use of VAR (lino was adamant the ball had gone out three passes earlier but let play carry on).

I'm not sure from an entertainment perspective this is playing out well at all.

antohan

I agree with you. I kept reading about VAR so I watched the highlights and the linesmen called all offsides. People just want to blame VAR for everything.
I'm not blaming shit, I'm just making observations on how VAR is making this a very different Copa.

Between 2015 and 2016 we jointly had three 0-0s in knockouts (two of them the Arg-Chi finals, bound to be cagey), now we've had three in three days.

Bole Top

I still can't believe the game starts at 2.30. I really want to watch it, but it's simply too late for me. I predict easy win for Brazil, 2-1 or 3-1.

izec

I will watch it relive without knowing the result tomorrow morning after getting up. I think it is far too late, weekends ok but during the week is a bit too much

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
I will watch it relive without knowing the result tomorrow morning after getting up. I think it is far too late, weekends ok but during the week is a bit too much
The one thing i like about dazn :lol:

Pocho

Argentina has like zero chances tonight, we´re totally fecked.

Fenomeno9

Even though, we pretty much have Argentina number and are generally a bad matchup for them. I think they could upset us though.

Eddy_JukeZ

Perfectly set up for a defining performance with the NT for Lionel Messi.

He has to be due a storming game.

izec

Perfectly set up for a defining performance with the NT for Lionel Messi.

He has to be due a storming game.
To shit the bed in the final :lol:

I think he is done at international level in summer tournaments, age is catching up with him