CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
When did Brazil last lose at home to another South American team in a competitive international?

I do think it will be a tight one and with no extra time could well go to penalties again.

Djemba-Djemba

When did Brazil last lose at home to another South American team in a competitive international?

I do think it will be a tight one and with no extra time could well go to penalties again.
Do they ever lose at home in a competitive game?

Aside from the game which must not be spoken of...

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Do they ever lose at home in a competitive game?

Aside from the game which must not be spoken of...
They lost a friendly to Paraguay in 2002 which was in Rio.

Yeah guess they haven't due to never losing in the Commebol qualifiers and also didn't lose to Chile or Colombia in 2014 even though Chile could've easily won that.

They won 3-0 v Argentina in the world cup qualifiers in November 2016. That's the mental hurdle all these teams have to get over when walking out to play Brazil on home turf.

ReallyUSA

Who we betting on guys? I really wanna do Argentina with the Ov 2 parlay. Been on s losing streak so I am second guessing myself

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Who we betting on guys? I really wanna do Argentina with the Ov 2 parlay. Been on s losing streak so I am second guessing myself
One for in play I think. Argentina been more balanced last 2 games but prior to that they gave up huge spaces defensively, brazil will 100% punish them if the same happens again. Brazil struggled v sides that have sat deep and I think Argie will have a go at them. I’d favour Argentina +0.75 at current prices but won’t be betting anything til in play.

Fridge chutney

This could be a spicy encounter. Or it could be full. Wish it was the final to be honest.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Argentina won't have a better chance to win the Copa. Brazil is Neymar-less and if they knock out Brazil, they are almost nailed on to win it. Likewise for Brazil. Would be quite a story for Messi as it would be great redemption after his disappointing World Cup and Champions League. If Messi leads Argentina to a Copa win this year and next, that gets him one more over Ronaldo and it would put an end of the GOAT debate. Actually winning one of it is enough since he's achieved more in terms of club, its his international career trophies which still eluded him.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Argentina won't have a better chance to win the Copa. Brazil is Neymar-less and if they knock out Brazil, they are almost nailed on to win it. Likewise for Brazil. Would be quite a story for Messi as it would be great redemption after his disappointing World Cup and Champions League. If Messi leads Argentina to a Copa win this year and next, that gets him one more over Ronaldo and it would put an end of the GOAT debate. Actually winning one of it is enough since he's achieved more in terms of club, its his international career trophies which still eluded him.
I don’t think winning a copa or two would really change anything at all. I don’t really know anyone who is on the fence between the two of them anymore. People are pretty headstrong in favour of one or the other now. Personally I can’t see how anyone possibly can’t recognise Messi is comfortably the greatest footballer in history but I doubt him winning a copa would convince anyone who was unsure.

Foxtrot

Supports
Die Mannschaft
Brazil line-up: Alisson; Dani Alves, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Alex Sandro; Casemiro, Arthur; Coutinho, Éverton, Gabriel Jesús; Firmino.

Argentina line-up: Armani; Foyth, Pezzella, Otamendi, Tagliafico; De Paul, Paredes, Acuña; Lautaro Martínez, Messi, Agüero.

Honestly can't see how Argentina can beat Brazil, they are just too disjointed, their defence and midfield is a joke. Unless Messi and Aguero step up, they will struggle. Looking at this Brazil's starting 11, I still don't understand how this team failed to win the World Cup. That's an impressive line-up, no weakness in any position. And that's not adding in Neymar.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Brazil drew with Paraguay and Venezuela but Argentina going through in a one off game would be a miracle?
Yes. They're shite.

If you fancy Argentina then stick a bet on. The bookies have Brazil odds on.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Yes. They're shite.

I don't think they're favourites but have you seen Brazil play? They've been nothing special at all. Would hardly be a big upset even with them playing at home.

It's the same team that flopped at the World Cup minus Neymar.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Yes. They're shite.

Pre tournament I’d have agreed with you but Brazil have been really poor. Don’t think this is as near as clear cut as you make out. Brazil been poor all tournament barring Peru and Argentina been improving game by game. They’ve actually played pretty well every game barring Paraguay really. They weren’t bad v Colombia despite losing.

Having said this, I Hope Brazil win easily.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Brazil lineup:
Alisson; Dani Alves, Marquinhos, Thiago Silva, Alex Sandro; Casemiro, Arthur; Coutinho, Éverton, Gabriel Jesús; Firmino.

Argentina lineup:
Armani; Foyth, Pezzella, Otamendi, Tagliafico; De Paul, Paredes, Acuña; Lautaro Martínez, Messi, Agüero.

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
I got a feeling Argentina will win this one.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Jesus, didn't know Foyth started for Argentina.

That's .. a damning indictment of their defensive options.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Why the hell did Brazil decide to have the semifinal on the same stadium as the 7-1? :lol:

kaiser1

Supports
Bayern Munich
Argentina needs to play on the counter vs Brazil, Argies defence is a joke