CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

SportingCP96

emotional range of a teaspoon
Supports
Sporting Clube de Portugal
doesn't matter, messi has a chance to win the Copa next year. :D
Makes the competition lose its spark having so many in such a short amount of time.

I do think they will win it next year because they are at home.

SportingCP96

Supports
Classic :lol:

I stand by it though, Willian should have came on for Jesus or Firmino instead of Everton
You weren't wrong I agree Argentina were all over them but its funny how that happened. Commentators curse:lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Commentators celebrating every block like a wc winning goal is the best part of this game for me.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Makes the competition lose its spark having so many in such a short amount of time.

I do think they will win it next year because they are at home.
Mate behave.

The best they can come up with defensively is feckin Foyth, Otamendi and Pezzella. They'll get embarrassed next year too.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
And some still arguing Smalling is worse than Otamendi. Fecking clueless.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Mate behave.

The best they can come up with defensively is feckin Foyth, Otamendi and Pezzella. They'll get embarrassed next year too.
That's a better defensive line than everyone bar Brazil and Uruguay. It's the Copa America, not the World Cup

wr8_utd

:'(
Alves would still do a decent job if Barca do sign him this summer. Definitely better than Roberto.

einstein

Listening to the commentator on TSN, and all he has done is complain the whole match. He has complained multiple times about the number of stoppages in copa america, the number of fouls, the patchy surfaces. Believe it or not, at one point he was complaining about the number of handballs in this tournament... so irritating...

padr81

Supports
Man City
Someone tell Otamendi he's timewasting for the wrong team.

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
No penalty for a blatant bodycheck in the box but unintentional handballs are automatic pens? Crazy.

wr8_utd

That's a better defensive line than everyone bar Brazil and Uruguay. It's the Copa America, not the World Cup
There were 5 better defenses than Argentina in the group stages. There is no chance they're the third best defense in South America

SportingCP96

Supports
Mate behave.

You would think having home advantage might spark something though. It tends to lift players.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
Dani Alves is the best fullback I've ever seen play football. Crazy that he scored in the 2007 Copa America final and 12 years later he can be MOTM in a game like this

padr81

Supports
Man City
Can't believe I stayed up for this... if not for a bit of quality from Jesus both these teams could play 56 hours and still be 0-0.

Daysleeper

Supports
Barcelona
Proud of Argentina, very unlucky today and they played their asses off

wr8_utd

No chance? It's 3 knockouts games... one off matches. Even Peru have a chance, nevermind Argentina. Chile won it twice in a row.
If someone manages to knock out Brazil, Chile, Uruguay and Colombia then they can definitely win. They'll need an incredibly easy path to the final to win.

Peyroteo

Supports
Sporting CP
If someone manages to knock out Brazil, Chile, Uruguay and Colombia then they can definitely win. They'll need an incredibly easy path to the final to win.
That's what always happens. They had a fairly easy draw this time around as it happened in 2015 and 2016. Usually only need to beat one top team in order to win the competition. Group stages are next to irrelevant since every top team goes through, then it's one off matches. Anything can happen.

With them playing at home it's definitely a great chance for them, they showed today they're more than good enough to win it. They were every bit as good as Brazil here, just got pretty unlucky.