CA 2019 - Final - Brazil vs Peru

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
According to new rules by FIFA, if the arm is being used as a 'support' on the ground then it's not a penalty.

I think he calls it because the ball hits his hand just as he's putting it down so the rule doesn't really apply. Not really sure though.
It's a stupid rule honestly. Increases volume and stops a dangerous pass in the box. That's all it should need to be a penalty.

Handball rule would be so much easier to enforce if instead of judging intentionality they judged based on situation and effect. Intentionality should only really come into play with rebounds at close range, and then only if the arm isn't unnaturally wide

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Renato Tapia is taking his chance by leaving Gabriel Jesus free, and every time, Coutinho has ignored that option. Brazil can do so much more to exploit Peru's weak full backs.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brazil getting a little nervous now, Alisson hitting out for throw ins. Another goal for Peru here I think....

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Brazil getting a little nervous now, Alisson hitting out for throw ins. Another goal for Peru here I think....
Brazil's defence look comfortable against Peru's central forays. They've also done a very good job pressing Peru's wide players whenever they get isolated. Maybe if Peru played fewer long balls towards Guerrero and got Flores and Cueva more involved, they'd fare better, but for now, their time on the ball has been generally toothless.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
Well, that red card will change things now. Let's see if Brazil can hold onto their lead under Peru's attacking pressure. Maybe this'll finally be the moment we see a more attacking Peru.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
I thought this game is a formality for Brazil, since some said all refs are in favor of them?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Gabi Jesus got suckered into that, got taken out on halfway line a minute before and did a revenge challenge. Silly to do when on a yellow.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Brazil need to see this out, just taken off Firmino and Coutinho who would take penalties in any shoot out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That really is nothing, Brazil players desperate for a Peru red card here.:lol:

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Diving now. This will end up as an undignified victory for Brazil in a tournament of controversy.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Really stupid from Peru. I know Brazil even with 10 keep the ball very well but they need to stop taking Brazil out halfway. Just means they can stay on the ground for a minute and play the game out.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
And again. Just don't challenge and wait for 50/50 ball to come your way.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Really stupid from Peru. I know Brazil even with 10 keep the ball very well but they need to stop taking Brazil out halfway. Just means they can stay on the ground for a minute and play the game out.
A certain England-Brazil World Cup game springs to mind.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
What a beyond stupid penalty to give away, the ball was going through to the keeper.

Peru been really thick last five minutes.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Oh feck off. How fecking annoying. Rubbish tournament.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
VAR check, still think it will be given as clear obstruction by Peru defender.

So needless though.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
How's that given as a penalty? That looked like a 50/50 barge between Everton and Zambrano.
Everton was still running towards to try to get the ball and Peru defender just charges to him to block him. It's a penalty.