Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
What did everyone do
with 'The Butcher' btw? I shot him personally.

Assuming it makes no difference to the story.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
That Gunfight game mode is fecking tense! :lol:

Only had a few, but found myself holding my breath on more than one occasion.

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I don't agree it specifically promotes camping as such, I think it reverts back to the good old days of the original COD's (1, 2, MW and MW2) and promotes careful and more tactical play. I now know where most of the windows and danger spots are and I play accordingly. It feels a more adult game and better for it.

I'm not camping, I'm still moving around and if someone is camping and gets you then it's up to you to find a way of getting them. I like it a lot matey.
It definitely promotes camping, the older COD's never had so many avenues within a 3 yard radius, a ridiculous number of windows, doors and pathways. And all of the pathways available were all on ground level, where now it's ground level, first, 2nd, 3rd floor and in some cases 16 floors up. A video got posted earlier of 'what crossing a road feels like in MW' which is bang on, he checks everything, all windows and doors, steps out and gets blasted by a camper. Also people are camping incessantly now. I've just made it a rule now to never walk through the centre of a map and just stick to the outskirts and flanking and I'm picking up a lot of kills but I definitely see it being a problem. The time to kill is really low, and there's far too many windows to constantly check before moving so people are just picking a window to sit in.

I am enjoying though that it's not just run and gun which I think is dumb as feck anyway, but they need to make a few changes like removing the fact that the other team can hear you shout 'CONTACT' 'I'VE GOT YOUR SIX' when you're right behind them, and toning down the footprints.

Also the Kilo 141 actually shits all over the M4A1. I have the M4A1 up to level 48 and the K141 up to like level 16 but having way more fun and success with it. Also the Oden is slow as hell to fire but really powerful.

Last edited:

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
One thing i really love that they've added is the ability to edit your class while in-game. Such a simple thing, i can't believe it took them this long to implement.

But it can come in handy, especially in objective based modes.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
One thing i really love that they've added is the ability to edit your class while in-game. Such a simple thing, i can't believe it took them this long to implement.

But it can come in handy, especially in objective based modes.
It also comes in handy when you accidentally screw up one of your loadouts just as the game starts :lol:

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
It definitely promotes camping, the older COD's never had so many avenues within a 3 yard radius, a ridiculous number of windows, doors and pathways. And all of the pathways available were all on ground level, where now it's ground level, first, 2nd, 3rd floor and in some cases 16 floors up. A video got posted earlier of 'what crossing a road feels like in MW' which is bang on, he checks everything, all windows and doors, steps out and gets blasted by a camper. Also people are camping incessantly now. I've just made it a rule now to never walk through the centre of a map and just stick to the outskirts and flanking and I'm picking up a lot of kills but I definitely see it being a problem. The time to kill is really low, and there's far too many windows to constantly check before moving so people are just picking a window to sit in.

I am enjoying though that it's not just run and gun which I think is dumb as feck anyway, but they need to make a few changes like removing the fact that the other team can hear you shout 'CONTACT' 'I'VE GOT YOUR SIX' when you're right behind them, and toning down the footprints.

Also the Kilo 141 actually shits all over the M4A1. I have the M4A1 up to level 48 and the K141 up to like level 16 but having way more fun and success with it. Also the Oden is slow as hell to fire but really powerful.
Yeah I get what you’re saying dude and it is difficult but I’m quite enjoying learning to play completely differently again.

Also, the footsteps thing is cool. If you’re ‘in aim’ and crouch walking you are almost silent.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian
The game is an absolute disaster.
If only this was on steam so I could refund it.

I get that I'm not used to the playstyle, so partly, it's just not a game for me, but to compare this to the original MW series as a slow paced shooter is an insult to them games.

MW>MW3 was of course slower than the latest titles due to movement speed and all these double jumps etc, but camping was never this bad in them titles. Sure you had a few, but back then people actually had the balls to play the game.
Sitting in a dark corner, constantly aiming at doors and calling it a play style....

No wonder this game is getting absolutely roasted online

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
I really enjoyed the beta, is there much change? Probably going to pick it up later.

AaronRedDevil

Is anyone having trouble deploying an ammo crate in spec ops after you die and respawn 50 seconds later? Won't let me use my missiles or drop my ammo for the team.

AaronRedDevil

It's on a countdown timer. You can see the bar filling up on the HUD until it's ready to go.
Yeah I see it. But when it hits zero, I still can't use it. Its frustrating as hell. Can't complete the first spec ops mission because we run out of ammo and it won't let me deploy mine for the team. Guess I'll just have to camp on the roof of the stadium.

Last edited:

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Have to say its unplayable without dead silence. Every COD has had a camper problem but this one ensures that countering them is impossible.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Yeah I still dislike MP, I’ve tried to like it and I’ve definitely improved from those first few days but for me it’s just boring, the maps are pure trash, literally every gun is pointless compared to M4. Game pacing is far too slow. It doesn’t have the enjoyment factor for me.

That said I have just completed the SP and that was amazing. The “dark” missions were some of the best I’ve played. I’m going to go back and try them on realism mode for the trophies, that’s going to be very hard :houllier:

Zarlak

dislike MP, I’ve tried to like it and I’ve definitely improved from those first few days but for me it’s just boring, the maps are pure trash, literally every gun is pointless compared to M4. Game pacing is far too slow. It doesn’t have the enjoyment factor for me.

That said I have just completed the SP and that was amazing. The “dark” missions were some of the best I’ve
The Kilo and M13 piss on the M4 tbh. The M4s vertical recoil is nuts when you unlock quite a bit of the attachments on the other 2 and realise how much is there. I'm about to unlock the Scar so will see how different that ends up being.

dannyrhinos89

The Kilo and M13 piss on the M4 tbh. The M4s vertical recoil is nuts when you unlock quite a bit of the attachments on the other 2 and realise how much is there. I'm about to unlock the Scar so will see how different that ends up being.

Scar from MW2 was amazing. Alot of fond memories using that , it's how I got my first nuke. Hopefully its decent this time too. I will go to max level but wont bother prestiging this time. I'm using P90 and it's a very good but still loses close quarter battles with the M4.

Zarlak

Scar from MW2 was amazing. Alot of fond memories using that , it's how I got my first nuke. Hopefully its decent this time too. I will go to max level but wont bother prestiging this time. I'm using P90 and it's a very good but still loses close quarter battles with the M4.
At close quarters try the MP5 I never get beat with it and the hipfire accuracy is great too as long as you're not using a charm which is bugged right now and fecking with hipfire accuracy. At long range the Oden has immense stopping power but for general AR gameplay the Kilo with attachments fares better than the M4 I find.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Multiplayer is the worst I've encountered in any COD. The SBMM, terrible maps and dependency on audio (how do deaf people even play this?) do not combine for a fun gameplay. You can't just come home from work, have a drink and play a few games of COD. You have to be at 100% and fully focused every game. And don't forget to walk everywhere in crouch mode whilst aiming down sights and checking 800 different places before taking a single step.

COD used to be a casual shooter, but this super competitiveness approach just stresses me out tbh. So disappointing. Campaign was decent though.

dannyrhinos89

At close quarters try the MP5 I never get beat with it and the hipfire accuracy is great too as long as you're not using a charm which is bugged right now and fecking with hipfire accuracy. At long range the Oden has immense stopping power but for general AR gameplay the Kilo with attachments fares better than the M4 I find.
I've tried m5 it was decent but much prefer the P90 the attachments I've got set up on that at the moment seem to really suit it and I'm fairly comfortable using it.

Not really give the kilo a go yet so may try that as my assault class.

muller

I picked up this today and now have the 10 hours update/install to wait.

nearly didn’t get it after reading some comments on here, but friends have nothing but praise for it, so I will see for myself.

muller

It grows on you, it's very different from previous releases.
Good to know.

I haven’t played the series for a good few year until BO3.

was pleasantly surprised how much the games had changed and come on in the mp space. I don’t think I had played any since the one with the pack of dogs!

Zarlak

Multiplayer is the worst I've encountered in any COD. The SBMM, terrible maps and dependency on audio (how do deaf people even play this?) do not combine for a fun gameplay. You can't just come home from work, have a drink and play a few games of COD. You have to be at 100% and fully focused every game. And don't forget to walk everywhere in crouch mode whilst aiming down sights and checking 800 different places before taking a single step.

COD used to be a casual shooter, but this super competitiveness approach just stresses me out tbh. So disappointing. Campaign was decent though.
COD has never been a casual shooter. It's always been way faster paced, super competitive bunny hopping quick scoping 14 year olds who have all bedded your mum. The audio complaint is bang on though, it's ridiculous how call outs are heard by the other team and I expect them to remove them. Footsteps were made louder after beta feedback was that they were too quiet but seems to have gone too far in the opposite direction so I hope there's an adjustment there too. Learning the maps properly has helped as well, no longer am I running through the areas I was getting constantly destroyed by campers in previously and dealing with campers is now easy with unlocks. Stun grenades, the grenade that shows you if anyone is nearby, the JOKR launcher for the bridge map etc. I'm enjoying it more now, I always hated the concept of run and gun in a realistic setting. It makes sense in Unreal Tournament but not in 'modern warfare'.

I actually like the maps so far with the exception of the bridge map which is godawful, I even like Picadilly although it's annoying hearing your character shout 'HE'S AT the BUSES' like what a great help thanks.

Zarlak

Good to know.

I haven’t played the series for a good few year until BO3.

was pleasantly surprised how much the games had changed and come on in the mp space. I don’t think I had played any since the one with the pack of dogs!
This game incorporates skill based matchmaking which is good in my opinion, but there's a lot of complaints coming from people who used to have a KDA of 10 and pubstomp newbs 26-5 every match and then gloat about how good they are when actually they were just being matched against terrible players and are now complaining because they're finding it hard to stomp against people who have the same skill level. The game also promotes camping unfortunately because the map design is ludicrously wide open and there are too many windows and doors to check before moving into the open. There are lots of ways to deal with those campers, but it's still a problem that people are just constantly camping. Plus there are audio issues in that footsteps are too loud, and that whenever anyone enters your screen your guy shouts out CONTACT or ENEMY SPOTTED which the other team can hear, so it alerts them to your presence. So right out of the gate it feels ridiculous to play but as you settle into it, learn the maps, realise that KDA is a bullshit metric outside of TDM that proves nothing and shouldn't be relied on, and get some unlocks on some guns then you have a much easier and fun time of it, but it takes a little bit of time investment to get there and it does involve dealing with annoyances like the current audio that hopefully IW fix.

The skill based matchmaking can be an annoyance if you want to play with friends who are way better or way worse than you where either you or them end up getting stomped repeatedly because of the higher skill players that got pulled in, but that'd be fixed if they just included a ranked mode and non ranked mode. I'd assume that's coming however, as the Call of Duty Mobile game that was released like 2 weeks before MW and plays like an AAA game featuring COD4 maps etc has a ranked mode built in.

Last edited:

muller

This game incorporates skill based matchmaking which is good in my opinion, but there's a lot of complaints coming from people who used to have a KDA of 10 and pubstomp newbs 26-5 every match and then gloat about how good they are when actually they were just being matched against terrible players and are now complaining because they're finding it hard to stomp against people who have the same skill level. The game also promotes camping unfortunately because the map design is ludicrously wide open and there are too many windows and doors to check before moving into the open. There are lots of ways to deal with those campers, but it's still a problem that people are just constantly camping. Plus there are audio issues in that footsteps are too loud, and that whenever anyone enters your screen your guy shouts out CONTACT or ENEMY SPOTTED which the other team can hear, so it alerts them to your presence. So right out of the gate it feels ridiculous to play but as you settle into it, learn the maps, realise that KDA is a bullshit metric outside of TDM that proves nothing and shouldn't be relied on, and get some unlocks on some guns then you have a much easier and fun time of it, but it takes a little bit of time investment to get there and it does involve dealing with annoyances like the current audio that hopefully IW fix.

The skill based matchmaking can be an annoyance if you want to play with friends who are way better or way worse than you where either you or them end up getting stomped repeatedly because of the higher skill players that got pulled in, but that'd be fixed if they just included a ranked mode and non ranked mode. I'd assume that's coming however, as the Call of Duty Mobile game that was released like 2 weeks before MW and plays like an AAA game featuring COD4 maps etc has a ranked mode built in.
Great, all good info.

thanks mate

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
FYI my username is Muska99. I'm absolutely awful and will bring you a loss every single game without fail, so add me if you don't wanna be the lowest ranked player on your team.

I play on PS4 but enable crossplay so I can suck on 3 different platforms.