Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

United Hobbit

I mainly watch my boyfriend play as I'm usually shit at shooters, however we have been playing the 2v2 in split screen and I'm quite enjoying it as I'm actually getting kills :lol: weve even won a few despite my "assitance" the split screen is so much better than on the game before this one that had the blackout mode. Probably because this is the only game mode I've tried I dont mind it, however I've found it quite good fun because people have different tactics. No doubt I'll hate it when people have sussed the map and I'm getting smashed :lol: I like how you have different weapons during the different rounds.

I hope they do a battle royal mode that was fun

Has anyone successfully completed the special ops mission with the plane (Crosswind) he was playing it and I was watching it looks absolutely insane just wave after wave of enemies with the juggernaut things being near invincible?

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
I mainly watch my boyfriend play as I'm usually shit at shooters, however we have been playing the 2v2 in split screen and I'm quite enjoying it as I'm actually getting kills :lol: weve even won a few despite my "assitance" the split screen is so much better than on the game before this one that had the blackout mode. Probably because this is the only game mode I've tried I dont mind it, however I've found it quite good fun because people have different tactics. No doubt I'll hate it when people have sussed the map and I'm getting smashed :lol: I like how you have different weapons during the different rounds.

I hope they do a battle royal mode that was fun

Has anyone successfully completed the special ops mission with the plane (Crosswind) he was playing it and I was watching it looks absolutely insane just wave after wave of enemies with the juggernaut things being near invincible?
Yeah we completed it, I wanted it for the Operator it gives you and it was nuts. The actual plane bit is pretty easy, but the key is to stealth in to the rooftop to start the hack. Once that's done if you go loud by accident you get someone to jump in a helicopter and fly up on to the roof which they can't get to, then you shoot them from above for the second phase before flying over to the plane in the helicopter again to finish up.

Once you've finished the plane bit you then have to exfil through a yard with downed planes and that's doable if you just avoid the juggernauts and keep breaking their line of sight.

If you immediately start shooting though and trip the alarm then it's game over. You can take them out with silenced weapons as you come across them, just be aware because if an NPC sees you've killed someone they'll get an icon over theirh ead like they're making a phone call and you need to take them out immediately otherwise the alarm goes off and then the juggernauts start coming.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
@Zarlak don’t know if you watch Youtubers but have you watched Mark of J? he’s released a video saying how much he hates the game it’s pretty much for the same reasons I do, he puts his points across very well.

bucky

@Zarlak don’t know if you watch Youtubers but have you watched Mark of J? he’s released a video saying how much he hates the game it’s pretty much for the same reasons I do, he puts his points across very well.
I've watched a bit jackfrags and stonemountain64, it's telling how more passive they both play in this.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
I've watched a bit jackfrags and stonemountain64, it's telling how more passive they both play in this.

I watch a little of jackfrags and it’s obvious from the ones I watch they aren’t actually enjoying it, I mean they pretty much have to post it as it’s their careers but you can just tell it’s more like a chore than a pleasure for them.

bucky

I watch a little of jackfrags and it’s obvious from the ones I watch they aren’t actually enjoying it, I mean they pretty much have to post it as it’s their careers but you can just tell it’s more like a chore than a pleasure for them.
Yep, had the same impression. Hopefully they make a few changes and listen to the community.

Zarlak

Nope, never heard of him. I don't pay much attention to CoD streamers as I've historically found them to have a playstyle that I find to be ludicrous, and also to be super whiny and entitled in general.

But I'll check him out, I'm still having heaps of fun. There are issues for sure in this game that can be easily ironed out, but most of the complaints I see online are from Reddit who are not the best measure of anything as everybody on Reddit is a.) the vocal minority and b.) exists solely to whine about whatever subreddit they're in and have a penchant for drama and exaggeration, or people who are used to stomping newbs now not having fun because they're against people of similar skill levels and aren't going positive in their KDA which they treat as some kind of holy grail despite it meaning nothing outside of TDM. Or that they're annoyed they can't run through the middle of the map like a headless chicken bunny hopping around and 360 noscoping before boasting they're the best in the world because they went 32-1 against low skilled players.

I'd be interested to hear his reasons though all the same. I'd likely agree with a few of them but they're not deal breakers for me so far.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Who’s plays what lads? I’m on Xbox looking for search and destroy, domination and realism players.

Can honestly see myself playing this all the way through the year. I’m really enjoying this even though I’m way past my prime. I’m just out practice in FPS and I drink whilst playing way too much now so that slows me down at least a couple of milliseconds.

maximmufc1902 is my Activision account.

MaxiOlegovic is my Xbox name.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
people who are used to stomping newbs now not having fun because they're against people of similar skill levels and aren't going positive in their KDA which they treat as some kind of holy grail despite it meaning nothing outside of TDM. Or that they're annoyed they can't run through the middle of the map like a headless chicken bunny hopping around and 360 noscoping before boasting they're the best in the world because they went 32-1 against low skilled players.
perfectly put Zarlak. It’s a more adult game that encourages care and accuracy not dashing around like teenagers with paintball guns. Best COD since MW2 no doubt. To get the most out of this game you just need to get better.

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Who’s plays what lads? I’m on Xbox looking for search and destroy, domination and realism players.

Can honestly see myself playing this all the way through the year. I’m really enjoying this even though I’m way past my prime. I’m just out practice in FPS and I drink whilst playing way too much now so that slows me down at least a couple of milliseconds.

maximmufc1902 is my Activision account.

MaxiOlegovic is my Xbox name.
Oh shit yeah the Activision account is the one with numbers after it. I'll find out mine in a bit.

Volumiza

@dannyrhinos89 has mentioned a few things already in this thread. From what I've seen footsteps and callouts for example aren't popular. The maps are shite, so adding a few more would be nice.
footsteps are perfect IMO. If you want to be quiet then stop running and crouch walk and aim.

You can be quiet, just not while running around waving your gun about.

callouts are a pain yeah but not a game breaker.

I like most of the maps and it has already been confirmed that more maps will be released. I have a feeling this game is going to get loads more stuff over the coming months.

UncleBob

footsteps are perfect IMO. If you want to be quiet then stop running and crouch walk and aim.

You can be quiet, just not while running around waving your gun about.

callouts are a pain yeah but not a game breaker.

I like most of the maps and it has already been confirmed that more maps will be released. I have a feeling this game is going to get loads more stuff over the coming months.
Like a new COD in 12 months....

Paxi

Camping doesn’t pay long term in this game. I’m way past the point where I’m bothered about campers, in fact, I wish I could play against campers all the time, my score would be through the roof and my kd would be excellent. I’m run and gun as I always was, played MW4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops with KD just over 2. Really quit playing the franchise after growing disillusioned with devs making the game more user friendly. I find amusing that people are hating on this, it’s mostly because you should persevere and get good, rather have an instant gratification. I guess with pay to win games et al, it’s too much to ask for these days.

Volumiza

Camping doesn’t pay long term in this game. I’m way past the point where I’m bothered about campers, in fact, I wish I could play against campers all the time, my score would be through the roof and my kd would be excellent. I’m run and gun as I always was, played MW4, WaW, MW2, Black Ops with KD just over 2. Really quit playing the franchise after growing disillusioned with devs making the game more user friendly. I find amusing that people are hating on this, it’s mostly because you should persevere and get good, rather have an instant gratification. I guess with pay to win games et al, it’s too much to ask for these days.
exactly! If I get shot by a camper I quickly figure out a way to take them out and generally they’re gone in the next few minutes. I’m still able to walk and run around and still getting good kill to death ratios. I just don’t get the hate, the game is really balanced and lets everyone play how they want.

Paxi

exactly! If I get shot by a camper I quickly figure out a way to take them out and generally they’re gone in the next few minutes. I’m still able to walk and run around and still getting good kill to death ratios. I just don’t get the hate, the game is really balanced and lets everyone play how they want.
Do you remember those titles I mentioned and you used to have to actually get good at the game and the new weapons etc.

Volumiza

MW2 yeah, I actually lost interest in the series after that, I didn’t like the direction it went in (that and the fact of had kids and didn’t have time to play) the latest MW is straight back to COD roots. And yeah, takes perseverance, which I like.

COD2 was one of my favourites.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
Decided on buying this. Only played the campaign so far and that’s fantastic. Great graphics, gameplay and weapons. A bit eager to see how quickly I’ll get up to speed in mp as I got slaughtered when I tried Black Ops mp a few days ago.

Paxi

Decided on buying this. Only played the campaign so far and that’s fantastic. Great graphics, gameplay and weapons. A bit eager to see how quickly I’ll get up to speed in mp as I got slaughtered when I tried Black Ops mp a few days ago.
What system are you playing it on? I was initially playing it on PS4 pro and I found the checkerboarding was poorly implemented. I’m a bit of a graphics whore so I went and bought an Xbox one x. It looks very good, albeit with some screen tearing in rare occasions. I can only imagine what it looks like with RTX2080 ti on PC

Zarlak

@dannyrhinos89 has mentioned a few things already in this thread. From what I've seen footsteps and callouts for example aren't popular. The maps are shite, so adding a few more would be nice.
I agree with the footsteps and callouts, but they're not game breaking. They're minor annoyances that can be very easily fixed by IW.

bucky

I agree with the footsteps and callouts, but they're not game breaking. They're minor annoyances that can be very easily fixed by IW.
I wouldn't call them game breaking either. The maps are my biggest problem and the gameplay the game encourages in some players. I have so far played the beta and at a friends, but I am probably going to pick it up in a few months, when it isn't as expensive.

Jacko21

Haven't played CoD since MW2, which I now realise was 10 years ago - no wonder I'm so damn bad at multiplayer right now.

Will persevere though.

United Hobbit

Yeah we completed it, I wanted it for the Operator it gives you and it was nuts. The actual plane bit is pretty easy, but the key is to stealth in to the rooftop to start the hack. Once that's done if you go loud by accident you get someone to jump in a helicopter and fly up on to the roof which they can't get to, then you shoot them from above for the second phase before flying over to the plane in the helicopter again to finish up.

Once you've finished the plane bit you then have to exfil through a yard with downed planes and that's doable if you just avoid the juggernauts and keep breaking their line of sight.

If you immediately start shooting though and trip the alarm then it's game over. You can take them out with silenced weapons as you come across them, just be aware because if an NPC sees you've killed someone they'll get an icon over theirh ead like they're making a phone call and you need to take them out immediately otherwise the alarm goes off and then the juggernauts start coming.
I'm impressed someone has managed it, were you playing with people you knew/ a headset? We (I say we I was watching :lol:) had worked out that stealth was the name of the game and to snipe people on the roof top, and also seen the mobile sign however sometimes it was quite tricky to locate the person the sign was attributed to. I think it doesn't overly help there was no communication as it was match making so while we knew you had to be stealthy the teammates didnt necessarily, if it was just us playing on split screen we could probably have done a little better as I could at least be carried while being stealthy. I was finding it quite amusing to watch as I appreciate stuff that's accomplished that's way beyond my ability I'd have died instantly :lol:

I hope there are other split screen modes as so far weve just done the 2v2. I was struggling to watch the campaign, I'm no way "soft" and watch horror films etc but watching the terrorism on the London streets was a little too realistic.

Zarlak

I'm impressed someone has managed it, were you playing with people you knew/ a headset? We (I say we I was watching :lol:) had worked out that stealth was the name of the game and to snipe people on the roof top, and also seen the mobile sign however sometimes it was quite tricky to locate the person the sign was attributed to. I think it doesn't overly help there was no communication as it was match making so while we knew you had to be stealthy the teammates didnt necessarily, if it was just us playing on split screen we could probably have done a little better as I could at least be carried while being stealthy. I was finding it quite amusing to watch as I appreciate stuff that's accomplished that's way beyond my ability I'd have died instantly :lol:

I hope there are other split screen modes as so far weve just done the 2v2. I was struggling to watch the campaign, I'm no way "soft" and watch horror films etc but watching the terrorism on the London streets was a little too realistic.
Nope jumped into a random lobby but the 3 I ended up teamed with were playing together. We completed the first one just using in game chat but then they invited me to a discord for another operation. It took me maybe 8 attempts to get a decent group, everyone else just goes loud immediately.

It's funny because literally the second you join the mission the narrator says out loud 'stealth is your best bet here' and there's a silencer on the table you can grab to equip to your main gun.

Rob

Supports
Liverpool
What system are you playing it on? I was initially playing it on PS4 pro and I found the checkerboarding was poorly implemented. I’m a bit of a graphics whore so I went and bought an Xbox one x. It looks very good, albeit with some screen tearing in rare occasions. I can only imagine what it looks like with RTX2080 ti on PC
I’m on PS4. Think it looks amazing, although I’m far from an expert.

So you bought an Xbox One X just to play MW with better graphics?:lol:

Paxi

I’m on PS4. Think it looks amazing, although I’m far from an expert.

So you bought an Xbox One X just to play MW with better graphics?:lol:
Yeah I did to be honest... :lol:

United Hobbit

Nope jumped into a random lobby but the 3 I ended up teamed with were playing together. We completed the first one just using in game chat but then they invited me to a discord for another operation. It took me maybe 8 attempts to get a decent group, everyone else just goes loud immediately.

It's funny because literally the second you join the mission the narrator says out loud 'stealth is your best bet here' and there's a silencer on the table you can grab to equip to your main gun.
Impressed! Yeah I've noticed the groups you're allocated tend to be pretty random, either you get skilled but gung ho or passengers. Forgot the operator spoke but yeah you'd think it was rather telling you're putting supressors on especially after a couple of goes linked with the walkie talkie symbol. Have you done the other 3 special ops? If so which would you say was the hardest?

Must say the operator needs to have the same booming voice as the one that screams "ENEMIES AHEAD" in 2 v 2 makes me jump every time :lol:

Zarlak

Impressed! Yeah I've noticed the groups you're allocated tend to be pretty random, either you get skilled but gung ho or passengers. Forgot the operator spoke but yeah you'd think it was rather telling you're putting supressors on especially after a couple of goes linked with the walkie talkie symbol. Have you done the other 3 special ops? If so which would you say was the hardest?

Must say the operator needs to have the same booming voice as the one that screams "ENEMIES AHEAD" in 2 v 2 makes me jump every time :lol:
I've only tried one of the others and it was ridiculously hard. I forget the name but you have to escort this tank through the city along a road full of mines, which you have to shoot as you go but you also have enemies fecking everywhere on all sides, behind you, ahead of you, to the sides with RPGs trying to blow the tank up too. We got it there limping over the finish line on fire a few times, then a new phase starts where you have to defend a location from waves of enemies, which we just about managed, then you move inside to a warehouse and defend another place for wave 2 which we scraped through, then it asks you go to go location 3 - we all died and rather than any kind of checkpoint it put us back to the start escorting the tank again and we got pissed off and left it after that. That one is really hard it's just constant bullets and RPGs from all directions.

UncleBob

What, a Call of Duty Kidz? No walking or crouching at all? Just running and jumping and shooting? :wenger:
It was more of a reference to the notion that "tons of stuff will be added". The lifespan of the annual COD is quite short, especially on PC, hopefully the added crossplay will improve things. BO4 on PC ended up being a bit shit, didn't take long before you struggled to get enough players for the battle royale mode, or searching forever for normal servers.

I've stuck to the different multiplayer modes, some of the features are great, the sound is immense, some weapons need a bit of tuning, main problem for me right now is that i'm not all that impressed with the majority of the maps.

Volumiza

It was more of a reference to the notion that "tons of stuff will be added". The lifespan of the annual COD is quite short, especially on PC, hopefully the added crossplay will improve things. BO4 on PC ended up being a bit shit, didn't take long before you struggled to get enough players for the battle royale mode, or searching forever for normal servers.

I've stuck to the different multiplayer modes, some of the features are great, the sound is immense, some weapons need a bit of tuning, main problem for me right now is that i'm not all that impressed with the majority of the maps.
Map rotation is really bad. The one with the bridge (can’t remember the name without googling it) I really like but I’m now level 39 and have only played it once! ONCE! While St Petrograd is on almost every other game.

I think Piccadilly is awesome but the other night I must have played it 4 - 6 times in a row.

I did read that they are releasing new maps though and there’s surely going to be a battle royale mode?

Last edited:

CassiusClaymore

Is it Gaizka Mendieta?
Scout
Supports
The greatest team in history
Map rotation is really bad. The one with the bridge (can’t remember the name without googling it) I really like but I’m now level 39 and have only played it once! ONCE! While St Petrograd is on almost every other game.

I think Piccadilly is awesome but the other night I must have played it 4 - 6 times in a row.

I did read that they are releasing new maps though and there’s surely going to be a battle royale mode?
Seriously?!? That one with the bridge can feck off. I quit it immediately now. I guess if you enjoy lying prone and sniping people it might be fun.

Volumiza

Seriously?!? That one with the bridge can feck off. I quit it immediately now. I guess if you enjoy lying prone and sniping people it might be fun.
I never use sniper rifles, only assault rifles, I’m dead boring :lol: like when I have a Chinese takeaway I only ever order the crispy shredded beef!

yeah I loved that map. I can out sniper snipers with my trusty FAL and red dot sight matey and I’m rarely lying prone.