Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

arnie_ni

Used to be class at COD back in the black ops days. Dont have a console anymore though.

How does this game compare to the older ones?

RedEM10

Sweaty Foot Monster
Used to be class at COD back in the black ops days. Dont have a console anymore though.

the game feels so good but that's not the issue. The issue is the maps aren't great and publics are full of claymores, overpowered shotguns and all sorts of stuff that would drive you mad. Im not being dramatic when I say I think this is the worst for public games

Competitive is class, very smooth but could be even better if they fix a few things like Dead silence or footstep volume

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho

I love it, think its very similar to old cods, with a bit more camping is all. Still very fun to play though.

arnie_ni

the game feels so good but that's not the issue. The issue is the maps aren't great and publics are full of claymores, overpowered shotguns and all sorts of stuff that would drive you mad. Im not being dramatic when I say I think this is the worst for public games

Competitive is class, very smooth but could be even better if they fix a few things like Dead silence or footstep volume
I love it, think its very similar to old cods, with a bit more camping is all. Still very fun to play though.
used to be alot of camping in the old ones as well, especially on the strategy games like capture the flag.

Are those game types still available?

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
Best COD game since MW2. Got me well and truly hooked again and although some of the maps aren't brilliant the gameplay is superb, people moaning about campers just need to get better. I don't camp but campers only get me once in the same spot :)

More maps are going to be released including re-imagined versions of a lot of old classics from previous games and a battle royale mode. This game will just keep getting better IMO.

P-Nut

used to be alot of camping in the old ones as well, especially on the strategy games like capture the flag.

Are those game types still available?
Yeah I agree, see my previous posts about recency bias clouding people's judgement.

I've been off work sick for a couple of weeks so I'm lvl 115 or something daft. Still massively enjoying playing it most days, just need some new maps to drop now.

EDIT: Also forgot to add some of the bugs are annoying, but should be pretty simple to fix, such as challenges not progressing and getting notifications for things which aren't accessible

Volumiza

I've been off work sick for a couple of weeks so I'm lvl 115 or something daft.
Jammy so and so, I'd love a few days off right now.

So if you're lvl 115, so aside from the great gameplay, what has taken over from prestiging as incentive to keep playing?

P-Nut

Jammy so and so, I'd love a few days off right now.

So if you're lvl 115, so aside from the great gameplay, what has taken over from prestiging as incentive to keep playing?
Not much at the moment, I believe it changes when the first season drops, but for now I'm just playing for the sake of it

P-Nut

What? When? Sorry dude, what first season and what is dropping :wenger:
It's taking a fortnight approach supposedly, so each season your rank will reset to 55 (if you've reached that high yet) and then you need to progress through the officer ranks to earn gear. No word yet as to why that will be but likely to only be cosmetic items.

Igor Drefljak

Definitely Russian

It's had a terrible start.
At first glance, you'd think it was a game ready for very good things, but it stops there.

The map designs for the most part are awful - It's a camping haven
Footsteps are laughable - Running round with lead boots on (Campers love it)
The hit detection was off to a real shaky start (Not sure if fixed)
Although I didn't mind time to kill, it did feel on the shorter side of acceptable
Oh, also, it's hard to sneak up at people as your character decides to announce to the whole map you've just seen somebody

For the most part, it's the community that ruin the game, but all the features right now are there to be taken advantage of.
They also tried a similar game mode to Battlefield, ground war.... All that is, is 20 snipers, all on the 20th floor roof, just sniping and not going for objectives.

For somebody to say, people complaining about campers 'just need to get better', thats a lie. The game right now promotes it so much, that you're forced to either camp yourself, or run around and hope you don't get shot.
Dark corners in buildings, loud AF footsteps, claymores and low TTK means that sitting in a corner is very easy to do.

You just need to watch the numerous videos, parody's, reddit pages.
As for other CODs having camping, that is true, but it was never this bad, unfortunately

My opinion of course :lol:

Oh, slight edit. There's only two guns on the game
M4
The Shotgun Sniper

Last edited:

P-Nut

At first glance, you'd think it was a game ready for very good things, but it stops there.

Although I didn't mind time to kill, it did feel on the shorter side of acceptable
Oh, also, it's hard to sneak up at people as your character decides to announce to the whole map you've just seen somebody

For the most part, it's the community that ruin the game, but all the features right now are there to be taken advantage of.
They also tried a similar game mode to Battlefield, ground war.... All that is, is 20 snipers, all on the 20th floor roof, just sniping and not going for objectives.

For somebody to say, people complaining about campers 'just need to get better', thats a lie. The game right now promotes it so much, that you're forced to either camp yourself, or run around and hope you don't get shot.
Dark corners in buildings, loud AF footsteps, claymores and low TTK means that sitting in a corner is very easy to do.

As for other CODs having camping, that is true, but it was never this bad, unfortunately

M4
The Shotgun Sniper
I'd say 3 guns personally, M4, 762 shotgun which is the sniper type you are talking about I believe.

And the HDR which is an actual sniper.

I've taken to using the AK lately, it's increased power is a big advantage over the M4, however I've heard good things about the Oden as well so I'm going to give that a go soon.

Castia

First CoD I’ve played in years and I’m loving it. I’m all over the place though some games I can go 26 kills for 3 deaths and others I get 4 kills 14 deaths.

Volumiza

That's just not true. I don't camp but nor do I run around like a dork inviting bullets. The game does well to balance this out IMO and it's possible to win games and come top of the table by doing either style of play or somewhere in the middle. Sure some people are camping but not so much that I can't find them and get them pretty easily once I've respawned. So yes, I say get batter.

Of course :lol:

M4
The Shotgun Sniper
Don't agree.

M4 is good balance between long range and close range
M19 pistol is brilliant
FAL with suppressor and stability grips and plain red dot sight is probably my favourite weapon
SA87 is also brill for mass point scoring

I'm enjoying getting used to all of the different weapons and how different they are in different scenarios.

My opinion of course :wenger:

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Maybe it's because of nostalgia or maybe it's because I'm an old bastard who doesn't get time to play games anymore, but I think I'll pass on this one. Watched a playthrough of the Campaign and was shocked that Price is the one who sets up 141. That was MacTavish ffs. Typical yanks confusing Scousers for Scots. 0/10 ign

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.

M4
The Shotgun Sniper
To say the only 2 good guns are the M4 and the 725 is just memeing. The M4 isn't that great and is outclassed by several other guns and the 'shotgun sniper' is just a meme. It hits far if you use slugs, and it doesn't if you don't. Slugs can hit up to 200 metres in real life and to hit 'sniper' shots you have to adjust insanely for drop and only have 2 shots. The 'sniper' aspect of the 725 isn't an issue whatsoever, it's the fact that it has obscene hip fire accuracy at close range and so is being used by everyone.

Volumiza

To say the only 2 good guns are the M4 and the 725 is just memeing. The M4 isn't that great and is outclassed by several other guns and the 'shotgun sniper' is just a meme. It hits far if you use slugs, and it doesn't if you don't. Slugs can hit up to 200 metres in real life and to hit 'sniper' shots you have to adjust insanely for drop and only have 2 shots. The 'sniper' aspect of the 725 isn't an issue whatsoever, it's the fact that it has obscene hip fire accuracy at close range and so is being used by everyone.
agreed matey, the m4 is for people who can’t use the proper guns :lol:

AaronRedDevil

Loving the game so far, but desperately needs new maps. They are not good at all. Still waiting for the Spec Ops to be fixed.

P-Nut

Loving the game so far, but desperately needs new maps. They are not good at all. Still waiting for the Spec Ops to be fixed.
There's a couple of new maps dropping today. 1 multilayer, 1 ground war and a new mode hard-point that I've not heard of due to skipping the last few.

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
How does the ranking system in this work? There's no prestige right?

arthurka

Anyone of you tried the local co op stuff?
How does it work and what is playable in local co-op?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I really want this because Modern Warfare was one of my faves growing up, but with the wee man I wouldn't have time. Still haven't played passed the second chapter in RDR2 since launch due to time.

My question to you fine folk is; is there a bot mode and if so what are the options? I imagine by the time I do get it the already depleted multiplayer crowd will be long gone.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
That 1 new map could save this for me. First time I’ve actually enjoyed this game.

fast paced, close quarters, 3 lane routes is EXACTLY what makes call of duty fun to play. So glad it’s 24/7 too. Great move and it will no doubt bring Old school people back, Hopefully they bring more smaller maps out ASAP. Either new or old.

P-Nut

That 1 new map could save this for me. First time I’ve actually enjoyed this game.

fast paced, close quarters, 3 lane routes is EXACTLY what makes call of duty fun to play. So glad it’s 24/7 too. Great move and it will no doubt bring Old school people back, Hopefully they bring more smaller maps out ASAP. Either new or old.
Ah decent I've been looking forward to trying that out so I'll jump on there tomorrow

ravi2

Really enjoying this game.
I wish I could get a refund on ghost recon :(

dannyrhinos89

Ah decent I've been looking forward to trying that out so I'll jump on there tomorrow

If like me you prefer that type of call of duty play style then I’m sure you’ll love the new map once you’ve learned the routes on it.

I’m basically going to be living in that map seen as though it’s 24/7.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Played Domination on that new map last night and it was absolute carnage, but in a good way.

Really good fun. Died a lot but also got loads of kills. Interested to see what maps they're gonna roll out in the next couple of months. Wouldn't mind seeing some remasters of some old classics.

P-Nut

Played Domination on that new map last night and it was absolute carnage, but in a good way.

Really good fun. Died a lot but also got loads of kills. Interested to see what maps they're gonna roll out in the next couple of months. Wouldn't mind seeing some remasters of some old classics.
They've basically confirmed they'll definitely be doing remasters.

If like me you prefer that type of call of duty play style then I’m sure you’ll love the new map once you’ve learned the routes on it.

I’m basically going to be living in that map seen as though it’s 24/7.
Yeah it sounds good, don't get too attached though, I loved the realism mode and they removed it for the crap NVG mode.

Castia

Just unlocked the SCAR it seems alright but not it sure it can overtake the original auto rifle the m40 or whatever it’s called. What guns outside of shotguns are people using?

P-Nut

Just unlocked the SCAR it seems alright but not it sure it can overtake the original auto rifle the m40 or whatever it’s called. What guns outside of shotguns are people using?
Ak for me, very similar to the m4 but with added power

dannyrhinos89

P90 melts people

Volumiza

loving the FAL with red dot sight and stability add ons, the SA87 is like a cannon mixed with assault rifle and with sleight of hand is a monster. I also quite like using the M19 pistol too.

im enjoying levelling all the weapons up apart from sniper rifles. Don’t like snipering.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert

Umm what? This is exactly the type of map that closes the distance between good players and casuals. I can’t see how any OG’s would approve of this map unless you played shipment, kill house, bog (questionable), Dome, Makin, listen I could go on and name most of the small maps that were excellent yet they didn’t tailor to your casual player. This new map is tantamount to luck and spawn points. It’s certainly not going to bring ‘old school people’ back.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
I fully realise that time is precious etc but don’t you all miss the time when you had to sink about 100 hours into an FPS before you were smashing noobs. And being a noob was a part of the parcel?

passing-wind

Not played online thus far but unsure if it's just me but the campaign has been savage. Playing that house OP mission was a tense experience especially with surround sound. Haven't played a proper COD since all the "floating jump in the air" nonsense mechanics made their way in.

dannyrhinos89

Umm what? This is exactly the type of map that closes the distance between good players and casuals. I can’t see how any OG’s would approve of this map unless you played shipment, kill house, bog (questionable), Dome, Makin, listen I could go on and name most of the small maps that were excellent yet they didn’t tailor to your casual player. This new map is tantamount to luck and spawn points. It’s certainly not going to bring ‘old school people’ back.

As I said previously Most people love cod for the fast paced, close quarters action, if you don’t want to play it then you can stick to the slow paced, running simulator the other maps provide. I’ve had no issues whatsoever with spawn killing. The people in the lobby are no different to what you get on any other maps, it’s just they’re forced to move more instead of sitting in a corner.

AaronRedDevil

What in the actual F*** has happened to the respawn!? Can't take 2 steps without dying by some guy I who's behind me.