Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Played a cod drinking game for a mates birthday last night.

Turns out the rules where you drink when you get downed, drink when you die, drink when you lose the gulag and drink if your mate wins the gulag gets very messy very quickly if two of you go to the gulag and you’re the one that doesn’t make it back.

In hindsight we should have probably made less rules.

Santos J

Played a cod drinking game for a mates birthday last night.

Turns out the rules where you drink when you get downed, drink when you die, drink when you lose the gulag and drink if your mate wins the gulag gets very messy very quickly if two of you go to the gulag and you’re the one that doesn’t make it back.

In hindsight we should have probably made less rules.
Fecking hell I can imagine :lol:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Had a few games earlier. There's a storm cloud a'comin'.

Do we reckon this boat that's on its way will just be another thing where you have to complete a task to get inside and get the loot?

Be good if they added weather and that was why the cloud was heading over.

ben_united

Had a few games earlier. There's a storm cloud a'comin'.

Do we reckon this boat that's on its way will just be another thing where you have to complete a task to get inside and get the loot?

Be good if they added weather and that was why the cloud was heading over.
I was camping outside the park bunker like a loser last night :angel: , and couldn't work out if the storm had always been there. Good to know I wasn't imagining it.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Apparently it’s been accidentally announced on the app that a giant zombies is coming. Might be fun but I’m not as enamoured with zombies as they seem to think I should be

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
How are people levelling on plunder so fast? We all have double xp on, do about 4 or 5 contracts, which is usually all you can do before they run out, kill 6-10 people (usually less if busy doing contracts) and it goes up two levels. Will take fecking forever.

AgentSmith

How are people levelling on plunder so fast? We all have double xp on, do about 4 or 5 contracts, which is usually all you can do before they run out, kill 6-10 people (usually less if busy doing contracts) and it goes up two levels. Will take fecking forever.
Unless you’re at the tail end of the overall level up that seems unusually slow.

You get 750XP for your weapon from doing a single Supply Run. With double XP and constant supply runs I can go from level 1 on a gun to level 30 in a few hours. It’s only really the final grind for that Agency/Monolithic Suppressor that really becomes a bore.

I really wish they’d make Rebirth Island a mode like the normal Battle Royale - an option for duos, trios, and quads. It’s the best mode for a casual drunken Friday night with your mates and it’s annoying having to say to the 4th member ‘sorry we’re full’ or, conversely, not having a 4th and trying to play with a mic-less randomner.

Have people been trying out the M16 and FFAR combo? Seems to be slowly morphing into the meta amongst the YouTubers I get recommended. Only drawbacks are ammo depletion and getting used to the feel of a burst gun but it honestly does wreck once you do.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Unless you’re at the tail end of the overall level up that seems unusually slow.

You get 750XP for your weapon from doing a single Supply Run. With double XP and constant supply runs I can go from level 1 on a gun to level 30 in a few hours. It’s only really the final grind for that Agency/Monolithic Suppressor that really becomes a bore.
Feck knows then. Perhaps it was glitching out because we did at least 3 supply runs plus a few other contracts. Two of the lads didn’t even go up a single level. Gave up after that.

Re the m16, is the AUG not better? I do like that gun. Would run out of ammo too often if I ran an AR and tactical rifle though. Surely may as well use the CW MP5 instead?

AgentSmith

Feck knows then. Perhaps it was glitching out because we did at least 3 supply runs plus a few other contracts. Two of the lads didn’t even go up a single level. Gave up after that.

Re the m16, is the AUG not better? I do like that gun. Would run out of ammo too often if I ran an AR and tactical rifle though. Surely may as well use the CW MP5 instead?
The only thing I could offer on that is when levelling up the Diamatti’s there were times where the progress I’d made on the gun didn’t properly register until I’d logged off and then signed back in the next day. That was specifically to do with unlocking the Akimbo attachment though so don’t know how applicable it is to your sitch but might be worth keeping an eye on. Sounds unlikely that’s what happened to you guys though. The Supply Run Plunder tactic has been my go-to for levelling up a gun since Warzone launched (or at least since Supply Runs became a thing) so it’s surprising to hear you’re having an issue.

If you’re interested in a detailed analysis of the the two guns a YouTuber called TrueGameData provides a breakdown of the M16 in comparison to the AUG -
- where he argues why the M16 is better. He's basically the go-to for Warzone data so I trust his opinion more than the average YouTuber. That video is slightly out of date because the Cold War guns got a stealth balance in the most recent update which nerfed the 16.3 Titanium Barrel so he's adapted his loadout recommendation for the M16. He now runs it with the Agency Suppressor, Strike Team Barrel, Axial Arms Scope, Bruiser Grip and the 60 Salvo Fast Mag which is explained in this video -

@ 6:45.

He suggests running it with the Mac, which probably makes more sense, but a lot of YouTubers seem to be in love with the FFAR. Gotta say I agree with them - the FFAR feels like it absolutely wrecks people in a way the Mac can’t. It's just the recoil that's funky but you get used to it quick.

A lot of people seem to like the AUG as well so probably worth trying but honestly give that M16 build a go. Takes a while to get used to the burst style but it's deadly if you land a headshot in there. The recoil pattern of the burst also means the shots kick up as you fire so if you aim for the chest with the first bullet the chances are the second or third will naturally hit the head. if you do hit the head it's game over for them. Only a gun to be used at mid-long range though, too slow at closer ranges - that's where the FFAR takes over. Apologies if this is too much info but I basically did the same breakdown for one of my mates earlier tonight so the information is all still fresh in my mind.

Last edited:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
The only thing I could offer on that is when levelling up the Diamatti’s there were times where the progress I’d made on the gun didn’t properly register until I’d logged off and then signed back in the next day. That was specifically to do with unlocking the Akimbo attachment though so don’t know how applicable it is to your sitch but might be worth keeping an eye on. Sounds unlikely that’s what happened to you guys though. The Supply Run Plunder tactic has been my go-to for levelling up a gun since Warzone launched (or at least since Supply Runs became a thing) so it’s surprising to hear you’re having an issue.

If you’re interested in a detailed analysis of the the two guns a YouTuber called TrueGameData provides a breakdown of the M16 in comparison to the AUG -
- where he argues why the M16 is better. He's basically the go-to for Warzone data so I trust his opinion more than the average YouTuber. That video is slightly out of date because the Cold War guns got a stealth balance in the most recent update which nerfed the 16.3 Titanium Barrel so he's adapted his loadout recommendation for the M16. He now runs it with the Agency Suppressor, Strike Team Barrel, Axial Arms Scope, Bruiser Grip and the 60 Salvo Fast Mag which is explained in this video -

@ 6:45.

He suggests running it with the Mac, which probably makes more sense, but a lot of YouTubers seem to be in love with the FFAR. Gotta say I agree with them - the FFAR feels like it absolutely wrecks people in a way the Mac can’t. It's just the recoil that's funky but you get used to it quick.

A lot of people seem to like the AUG as well so probably worth trying but honestly give that M16 build a go. Takes a while to get used to the burst style but it's deadly if you land a headshot in there. The recoil pattern of the burst also means the shots kick up as you fire so if you aim for the chest with the first bullet the chances are the second or third will naturally hit the head. if you do hit the head it's game over for them. Only a gun to be used at mid-long range though, too slow at closer ranges - that's where the FFAR takes over. Apologies if this is too much info but I basically did the same breakdown for one of my mates earlier tonight so the information is all still fresh in my mind.
Yeah I use TGD’s website. Will watch that vid tomorrow. I’m in need of a new gun. FFAR is great up close but in my opinion unenjoyable to use as its a chugger. AMAX is a much nicer gun in use . Went back to the Grau because it’s that clean it competes at mid range as you can land every headshot, but you’ve no chance up close.

Mac10 is quality with the range it has but unless something’s changed the CW MP5 is better ttk up close, and the Bullfrog if you hit heads.

To be honest, I’m hoping they nerf the FFAR with season 2. It needs to be beatable with another AR as running sniper without one just isn’t viable if you want to step foot inside a building at any point.

AgentSmith

Yeah I use TGD’s website. Will watch that vid tomorrow. I’m in need of a new gun. FFAR is great up close but in my opinion unenjoyable to use as its a chugger. AMAX is a much nicer gun in use . Went back to the Grau because it’s that clean it competes at mid range as you can land every headshot, but you’ve no chance up close.

Mac10 is quality with the range it has but unless something’s changed the CW MP5 is better ttk up close, and the Bullfrog if you hit heads.

To be honest, I’m hoping they nerf the FFAR with season 2. It needs to be beatable with another AR as running sniper without one just isn’t viable if you want to step foot inside a building at any point.
I’d like to use the AMAX but I just don’t have the skill to control the recoil effectively.

Would always try it for a few games then sack it off to go back to my comfort zone with the GRAU or some other noob-friendly beamer.

What’s been your most used weapon throughout all the various meta changes? I think mine is probably ye olde reliable M4.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I’d like to use the AMAX but I just don’t have the skill to control the recoil effectively.

Would always try it for a few games then sack it off to go back to my comfort zone with the GRAU or some other noob-friendly beamer.

What’s been your most used weapon throughout all the various meta changes? I think mine is probably ye olde reliable M4.
Probably the amax to be honest! Used it well before that brief period where it was the meta. Thing was a beast up close as well, before the FFAR happened.

Honestly, if you can get used to the FFAR you can definitely get used to the amax and it ends up nicer to use (although not quite as powerful at the moment). Try a few different optics on it. Think I used the PBX holo to get used to it originally. Also try the commando and ranger grips and see which you prefer.

Then again, we’re probably going to get a new op gun in season 2

AgentSmith

Probably the amax to be honest! Used it well before that brief period where it was the meta. Thing was a beast up close as well, before the FFAR happened.

Honestly, if you can get used to the FFAR you can definitely get used to the amax and it ends up nicer to use (although not quite as powerful at the moment). Try a few different optics on it. Think I used the PBX holo to get used to it originally. Also try the commando and ranger grips and see which you prefer.

Then again, we’re probably going to get a new op gun in season 2
I'll give it another go on Rebirth with the PBX sight, a more forgiving game mode to get used to a gun. That's a great gun to have spent months practising with atm, you must be doing well.

Heard rumours there's a ship coming in the new season - the one you used to be able to see in the distance on Rebirth Island but is no longer there cos it's en route to Verdansk. Will crash into an area in Port and open up a new place to go - kind of like the roof being blown off Stadium.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'll give it another go on Rebirth with the PBX sight, a more forgiving game mode to get used to a gun. That's a great gun to have spent months practising with atm, you must be doing well.

Heard rumours there's a ship coming in the new season - the one you used to be able to see in the distance on Rebirth Island but is no longer there cos it's en route to Verdansk. Will crash into an area in Port and open up a new place to go - kind of like the roof being blown off Stadium.
Well I started using the FFAR and then saw someone using the Grau and got jealous at how much cleaner it was so switched to that for a bit. But I’m not fully happy with anything at the moment. The amax is great but if someone is head glitching behind a rock it can be a right pain to catch em enough.

I’m going to give the M16 a go tonight.

Santos J

Well I started using the FFAR and then saw someone using the Grau and got jealous at how much cleaner it was so switched to that for a bit. But I’m not fully happy with anything at the moment. The amax is great but if someone is head glitching behind a rock it can be a right pain to catch em enough.

I’m going to give the M16 a go tonight.
Aye I've been trying to rank the M16 today but something has definitely changed with Plunder contracts XP, used to be able to get level 40 in a couple of games with double XP but done a few today and it was slow as feck, just getting kills was levelling it way quicker.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Aye I've been trying to rank the M16 today but something has definitely changed with Plunder contracts XP, used to be able to get level 40 in a couple of games with double XP but done a few today and it was slow as feck, just getting kills was levelling it way quicker.
Glad I'm not the only one. Levelling is grim now. Used to be able to get a gun up over a few hours on MW and actually enjoy doing it. CW is just painful.

I've got the m16, the CW MP5 5o finish off, and I want a go at the no glint Pellington, but at the moment I just cannot be fecked with it.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
If anyone wants a game or two, hit me up. My regular squad has quit the game/ghosted me.

SlevsKelevra#4877482

Santos J

If anyone wants a game or two, hit me up. My regular squad has quit the game/ghosted me.

SlevsKelevra#4877482
My invites are still fecked for some reason, gonna re-install Battle net later so should be on if that works.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Any of the new guns looking like they’re actually worth using?

Went back to my AMAX again and it’s still my favourite

ben_united

Quite like the floor loot M16 to start a game, used to love a good burst AR.

What attachments you got on the AMAX? I'm going to finally move away from my Grau, I'll probably struggle with recoil but I need something new.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Quite like the floor loot M16 to start a game, used to love a good burst AR.

What attachments you got on the AMAX? I'm going to finally move away from my Grau, I'll probably struggle with recoil but I need something new.
I’ve used the m16 a bit. Not unlocked the agency suppressor yet, but I find it’s difficult to track a player moving sideways quickly using controller. Otherwise it can be nice at its ideal range.

My AMAX build is mono/zodiac barrel/ranger/45 mag/Cronen optic.

I found a holo sight made it easier while I was getting used to the recoil though, then used vlk for a while. Using the Cronen now as I like the slight zoom increase and less obstruction while ads.

Find it much nicer to use than the FFAR and less inconsistent at midrange+. It will lose up close in a 50/50 though, but only just so if they miss one they’re fecked.

AgentSmith

My mate says he watched a breakdown where the guy (think it was TGD) said they were good but not as good as preexisting options like the FFAR or Mac10.

Haven’t watched the video or played with either myself though.

Still recovering from the fact they’ve made Rebirth a 99 player game mode. It’s like they put my nice peaceful stressless alternative to Verdansk on steroids.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
My mate says he watched a breakdown where the guy (think it was TGD) said they were good but not as good as preexisting options like the FFAR or Mac10.

Haven’t watched the video or played with either myself though.

Still recovering from the fact they’ve made Rebirth a 99 player game mode. It’s like they put my nice peaceful stressless alternative to Verdansk on steroids.
They did? Holy shit. I already thought it was intense, but also more relaxing than BR at the same time, weirdly. How many was it before? Like 40?

I saw something saying similar from jgod about the new AR. Looked a level below amax and FFAR.

AgentSmith

They did? Holy shit. I already thought it was intense, but also more relaxing than BR at the same time, weirdly. How many was it before? Like 40?

I saw something saying similar from jgod about the new AR. Looked a level below amax and FFAR.
Just seen a video now where JGOD is giving his updated setup for the FFAR. Completely changed the loadout that has been the go-to for it because there seems to have been adjustments to the Cold War attachments.

His FFAR loadout was:
- 19.5' Reinforced Heavy
- Steady Aim Laser
- SAS Combat Stock
- SFOD Speedgrip
- Salvo 50 Fast Mag

The major one he flagged was the Agency Suppressor which now reduces velocity and damage at range. He says this is a mistake that the Devs will fix. But might be worth bearing in mind if you use a CW gun. So there goes my M16/FFAR loadout for the time being.

The Amax still seems king and is immune from the Cold War integration problems.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Just seen a video now where JGOD is giving his updated setup for the FFAR. Completely changed the loadout that has been the go-to for it because there seems to have been adjustments to the Cold War attachments.

His FFAR loadout was:
- 19.5' Reinforced Heavy
- Steady Aim Laser
- SAS Combat Stock
- SFOD Speedgrip
- Salvo 50 Fast Mag

The major one he flagged was the Agency Suppressor which now reduces velocity and damage at range. He says this is a mistake that the Devs will fix. But might be worth bearing in mind if you use a CW gun. So there goes my M16/FFAR loadout for the time being.

The Amax still seems king and is immune from the Cold War integration problems.
Yeah saw that. Raven have already said they’ll be hotfixing the suppressors. Guessing they fecked it up somehow. Pretty dumb considering I bet they want to sell a load of new Cold War packs.

Santos J

Yeah saw that. Raven have already said they’ll be hotfixing the suppressors. Guessing they fecked it up somehow. Pretty dumb considering I bet they want to sell a load of new Cold War packs.
Every fecking update there's some shit like this that they feck up :lol: It's like they just don't actually test things at all.

Not played in a week or so but looks like no real major changes to guns with this update then other than the feck ups. Should be about tomorrow/Sunday if you're up for a few we can finally run some!

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
I'm gunna give season 2 a try tonight. Mostly looking forward to the updated ground floor loot as that was getting a little stale and the new rebirth mode which should be great.

March 11th supposedly for the new map or possibly pushed back to the end of this season, but that'll be a welcome change as I reckon I know every inch of verdansk off by heart now.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Every fecking update there's some shit like this that they feck up :lol: It's like they just don't actually test things at all.

Not played in a week or so but looks like no real major changes to guns with this update then other than the feck ups. Should be about tomorrow/Sunday if you're up for a few we can finally run some!
Yeah would be good to finally get on!