Gaming Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (PC, PS4, Xbox One)

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Got two 5th places tonight. Was the only one left in one. Killed a few then got flanked with my back against the gas. Really difficult to avoid that on your own.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I like looting like mad with the squad in the first few minutes and straight away buying a load out, before running around trying to locate squads :lol:. You can always play it safe when you come out of the Goulag. Think I’ve had about 5 wins this week but only ever on quads or trios. I am terriible at solos.
Yeah. We drop straight onto scavenger hunts. Do them and loot at the same time, usually gets you enough for loadouts and kill streaks. Then do more scavengers to get money for revives or bringing team mates back.

Not had a sniff of a win for over a week now and only got 3 in total. Few 5ths and top tens but that’s it.

Such a cool game though. Pity work gets in the way.

Fosu-Mens

I know. I’m just saying what they’ve said. IW have admitted to sbmm in Multiplayer because Activision force it. But they put the announcement out that Warzone didn’t have it.
I saw the statements regarding no SBMM before they released the game. This has obviously changed. I'm glad they have it personally, as this makes for an even playing field, but they should just state it instead of playacting like it is not implemented in the game... And maybe state the standard deviation/variance columns used when creating lobbies regarding KD/score per min or other quantitative skill sort elements...

AaronRedDevil

Normally I grab a decent set of weapons then do 3or 4 recons. Find the best area for the centre and dig in. Nothing worse being at a bad disadvantage in the final circle

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I saw the statements regarding no SBMM before they released the game. This has obviously changed. I'm glad they have it personally, as this makes for an even playing field, but they should just state it instead of playacting like it is not implemented in the game... And maybe state the standard deviation/variance columns used when creating lobbies regarding KD/score per min or other quantitative skill sort elements...
I assume part of the reason is so people don’t reverse boost? Even though it’s that aggressive in multiplayer it feels like it’s doing that for you at times.

The problem I have with it is I play with mates most of the time, who vary from almost as good as me to shite, so I do well with them (not gloating, we’re just casuals). If I want a game on my own though it can be a nightmare one day then ok the next, presumably because it’s basing my matchmaking off how well I’m doing with them, then aggressively changing it so I do well again, before changing again and fecking me over.

I don’t have the solution but I feel like there must be a better way, even if it’s just a more complex version of what they’re doing already (separating your matchmaking stats on your own vs in a party would be a start I think).

Tekkers

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
They’ve said there’s no matchmaking in Warzone. It’s aggressive as feck in Multiplayer though.
Yeah there’s definitely SBMM for sure in Warzone. My KD is 1.5 and there’s a massive difference to the lobbies from when I play solos vs playing squads with my mates who have KD’s of 0.6 - 1.0

Tekkers

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Normally I grab a decent set of weapons then do 3or 4 recons. Find the best area for the centre and dig in. Nothing worse being at a bad disadvantage in the final circle
A lot of youtubers/twitch streams have recommended this method in the past few weeks so I’m not so sure if it’s the best method now. If you notice a lot of people land at the recon flags now so you’re almost always going into fights from the start. I’m having better luck with just landing in the circle and just doing bounty’s.

AaronRedDevil

A lot of youtubers/twitch streams have recommended this method in the past few weeks so I’m not so sure if it’s the best method now. If you notice a lot of people land at the recon flags now so you’re almost always going into fights from the start. I’m having better luck with just landing in the circle and just doing bounty’s.
Guess you're right. Hate doing bounties to be honest.. No point asking for trouble as it can easily go bad and 70% of the time, it does.

Fosu-Mens

I assume part of the reason is so people don’t reverse boost? Even though it’s that aggressive in multiplayer it feels like it’s doing that for you at times.

The problem I have with it is I play with mates most of the time, who vary from almost as good as me to shite, so I do well with them (not gloating, we’re just casuals). If I want a game on my own though it can be a nightmare one day then ok the next, presumably because it’s basing my matchmaking off how well I’m doing with them, then aggressively changing it so I do well again, before changing again and fecking me over.

I don’t have the solution but I feel like there must be a better way, even if it’s just a more complex version of what they’re doing already (separating your matchmaking stats on your own vs in a party would be a start I think).
I'm not sure about matchmaking when playing teams... Average of the group maybe?
It seems the matchmaking is heavily weighted on recent performances. 5-10 last games. So if you play against competent players for 5 games, then you will have a lower "form" and be put in an easier lobby. Then when you perform well you will play in a good lobby and the cycle repeats. This structure makes it perfect for short term boosting... So maybe change the timeframe or weighting of the "form" element.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm not sure about matchmaking when playing teams... Average of the group maybe?
It seems the matchmaking is heavily weighted on recent performances. 5-10 last games. So if you play against competent players for 5 games, then you will have a lower "form" and be put in an easier lobby. Then when you perform well you will play in a good lobby and the cycle repeats. This structure makes it perfect for short term boosting... So maybe change the timeframe or weighting of the "form" element.
Seems to vary heavily day to day to me, and slightly less heavily based on recent games. I could them doing this as people will think they’re just having a bad day, but it seems like more than that I think.

But yeah, I think average of the group is about right in a party. I always have a nice time when my shittest mates are on. Talking of, I might see if one of em is up for an early game :lol:

GDaly95

Says he's one of the best posters
Just finished the campaign and while I did enjoy it, I honestly didn't know what the feck was going on half the time :lol:

So like chemicals were stolen. Then London was terrorized which to me never seemed to get tied back to anything, at any stage. Then in search of the people who stole the chemicals, or terrorized London (or both?), Alex helps Farah and Harid fight the Russians in control of Urzikstan. But the British / American's aren't officially at war with the Russians, they're after the Wolf? Then Harid ended up stealing the chemicals (and therefore also terrorized London?) and joined the Wolf but also joined Barkov but didn't actually join Barkov, he just found out that Barkov stoled the chemicals (but I thought Harid stole the chemicals?). They capture the butcher and then there's a weird clip of the butcher with loads of chemicals beside him as well, what happened to him in the end? I only half saw that clip. Also, if Hadir and Farah were fighting Al Qatal (and Barkov?) then why/how did Hadir attack them with chemicals.. and then run off to join them?

I don't want or expect anyone to clear up any of this but am I the only one who was so confused?! Maybe I'm just being an eejit :lol:

Vidic_In_Moscow

rectum-faced pygmy
Supports
i stink
Afer my RDR2 interest has cooled I had some more games of Warzone last night and loved it. Anyone here who gets on the mic on PS4 for occasional trios?

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Agggghh couple of top 5 finishes for us today. Including one with a fully closed circle but still only got 4th there. Gas masks are a priority now.

AaronRedDevil

Made it to 3rd last night all by myself in quads. But my team left 5 mins in because those idiots picked the worst area possible. Only 2 other teams left. I crawled on the edge of the gas and a team ran past me. Had an airstrike but aimed it on the other side trying to get the other team. Should have aimed it at the guys in front of me. There was 3 of them.:annoyed:

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
Absolutely. We try and make sure we all have one which is one reason we do the scavenger contracts as you get one in each yellow crate.
Yeah we’ve been doing more scavs. Didn’t clock there was one in every crate though.

What’s your thoughts on UAVs? Worth buying or better off with a hb sensor and buying an air strike or something?

AaronRedDevil

Yeah we’ve been doing more scavs. Didn’t clock there was one in every crate though.

What’s your thoughts on UAVs? Worth buying or better off with a hb sensor and buying an air strike or something?
UAV is more useful. I usually only use it at the start or very late in the game. Least that way I'll have a better chance of survival in the final bit.

Volumiza

If I’m on with my workmates then one buys a uav and another air strike and another usually has a HB sensor, all useful I reckon.

we can get to top 10 regular, top 5 fairly regular, then there’s a dollop of luck I reckon ... that’s my excuse anyway :wenger:

Personally though, I love air strikes. Dead satisfying. Was getting tracked by another team, we were on a skyscraper and could see them coming up the stairs. We parachuted off at the last minute, ran up a hill opposite and air struck them all. Wicked bit of play.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
If I’m on with my workmates then one buys a uav and another air strike and another usually has a HB sensor, all useful I reckon.

we can get to top 10 regular, top 5 fairly regular, then there’s a dollop of luck I reckon ... that’s my excuse anyway :wenger:

Personally though, I love air strikes. Dead satisfying. Was getting tracked by another team, we were on a skyscraper and could see them coming up the stairs. We parachuted off at the last minute, ran up a hill opposite and air struck them all. Wicked bit of play.
Nice. We don't have much luck with airstrikes. I like the idea of running into a building you know a team is on top of and pointing it at the ceiling, but not had the opportunity yet.

We get top 10 regularly. Like you say, you often need the chips to fall just right after that. It's frustrating when it feels like they did but you still got done, but it all makes the wins more satisfying.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Had a mare in Warzone last night. Just couldn't do anything. Got a few kills but just not consistent enough. I did win 4 of my 5 gulags, but done little good on the map.

We finished in top 20 most times, but I didn't contribute much at all.

Massive Spanner

Give Mason Mount a chance!
30GB update out today.

I'm struggling to keep my Kill ratio above 1, it's sitting right on it at the moment. But I checked the online stats and that has me in the bottom 40%! Here was me thinking I was good at the game :lol:

Some games I get 5, even 10+ kills but then others I just get absolutely demolished both in normal and the gulag, guys just one-shotting me before I can even shoot at them.

We got to the final circles a few times last night. Think gas masks and self-revive are invaluable at that point, but a lot of it is pot luck with whether you have any cover on your way in. One of the games still had 14 people in the tiny last circle, was pure madness. We finished 4th despite having 28 kills between us!

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Haven’t touched this since I got a Switch. Going to get destroyed when I play again.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
30GB update out today.

I'm struggling to keep my Kill ratio above 1, it's sitting right on it at the moment. But I checked the online stats and that has me in the bottom 40%! Here was me thinking I was good at the game :lol:

Some games I get 5, even 10+ kills but then others I just get absolutely demolished both in normal and the gulag, guys just one-shotting me before I can even shoot at them.

We got to the final circles a few times last night. Think gas masks and self-revive are invaluable at that point, but a lot of it is pot luck with whether you have any cover on your way in. One of the games still had 14 people in the tiny last circle, was pure madness. We finished 4th despite having 28 kills between us!
If there is matchmaking in Warzone then k/d is surely meaningless?

The update for me is only 13GB by the way?

P-Nut

fan of well-known French footballer Fabinho
Absolute bricked myself then, went to log on to install the update and got a message saying the game needed uninstalling and installing from scratch, luckily it booted up after just cancelling that and retrying

Volumiza

Aaaargh. A cruel 7th!!! We were doing ace and in a great position with 24 kills between us. We dropped down into the circle from a rocky ledge right in front of one guy camping at the bottom. Wiped us all out in a second.

P-Nut

Got my highest kills so far last night with 11 in a squads game, but my team got wiped 3 times with me bringing them back, and eventually ran into a squad of 4 whilst I was searching around to get them back.

Mr Anderson

Eats, shoots, leaves
Got my highest kills so far last night with 11 in a squads game, but my team got wiped 3 times with me bringing them back, and eventually ran into a squad of 4 whilst I was searching around to get them back.
Quads is absolutely mental the best of times, you need far more guile compared to trios, where you get away with a lot more.

WR

Frankie Barwell ITK
Feck sake how many times do I have to download this thing? Downloaded warzone the other day which took forever, followed by a version update. Bought the full game today and the add on installations was only half an hour and now to play multiplayer I have to download a 18.4 GB data pack??

P-Nut

Feck sake how many times do I have to download this thing? Downloaded warzone the other day which took forever, followed by a version update. Bought the full game today and the add on installations was only half an hour and now to play multiplayer I have to download a 18.4 GB data pack??
It's the new update, expect to download a similar size file every 3 or so weeks

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
This update has royally fecked the game.

Chat is completely goosed for us. Will work for a while then be deaf in the middle of a game. Shows a mute sign next to people's name half the time. What's weird is Xbox chat also seems to be as fecked as MW chat. Having to use whatsapp voice call instead.

Taking forever to get in to a game too, then half of them are mega laggy.