peridigm

Based on our last 6 games I think we will finish 6th:

Sheffield U - home - 3 points
Burnley - home - 3 points
Crystal Palace - away - 3 points
Arsenal - home - 0 points
Newcastle - home - 3 points
Brighton - away - 1 point
What did you see in our last 6 games makes you think we’ll double our points haul from our next 6?

Djemba-Djemba

Trying to be as ultra realistic as possible

Sheffield Utd at Home - W
Burnley at Home- W
Palace away - D
Arsenal at Home - L
Newcastle at Home - L
Brighton away - L

7 points from the last 6 games of the season. No idea where that would have us finishing.

Hester_manc

Newcastle are not good away from home but they are in good form, already schooled us earlier in the season with their 3rd string defence, so how exactly is that 3 points when that game could give me EL football and basically mean they finish above us? Even last season we couldn't beat them at home, we're not doing it this season. Also, getting a point at Brighton is looking exceedingly optimistic.

Do you people never learn?
If we can win over Liverpool and draw against them again short after, then we can also win over Newcastle at home and draw against Brighton away. But the truth is that we never know, what we get from United, when they play. They might win over the strongest team in the league, and they might lose to Sheffield United next time.

Camilo

7th. We're shit and everyone else is either miles ahead in the league or better. -1 goal difference. Truly a wank club.

downunder red

The way we are playing, I would not be surprised if we did not win a game for the rest of the season.
Burnley and Sheffield Utd are fighting to stay up and we all know over the years how we've stuffed up against lower sides.
4 draws at best if he keeps this system with twenty shots a game against us.

Ace

Next two games against relegation candidates will be important. I don't think we win a single game in the month of May. I'd say 9th place finish behind West Ham and one of Chelsea/Brighton.

Jezpeza

Anywhere outside of the Uefa Cup or Conference League.

Will allow us more of a cull in the summer and to operate with a smaller squad for the new manager

BelfastRed2021

Jesus the ones saying we will finish 9th sort your heads out yes we have been bad but we arent gonna finish in 9th as for people saying we wont win another game playing the likes of burnley and sheffield utd at home catch a feckin grip there is negativity and then there is just plain old nonsense.

Cloud7

Can’t believe that after laughing at Chelsea all season they can overtake us based on goal difference with a win in their game in hand :lol:

OverratedOpinion

Jesus the ones saying we will finish 9th sort your heads out yes we have been bad but we arent gonna finish in 9th as for people saying we wont win another game playing the likes of burnley and sheffield utd at home catch a feckin grip there is negativity and then there is just plain old nonsense.
How on earth are you acting like that is an even moderately over dramatic statement.

We are 3 points ahead of the current 9th placed team who are in better form, have a game in hand and a better goal difference.

Cloud7

Yup. I maintain that they’ve actually been better than us this season.
I will admit I’ve not really watched them much outside of their games against us, but it felt like they were dropping points every other week. Another bit of perspective as to how bad we’ve been I guess

didz

We could win all of our games. The next two are very winnable. By the time we play Palace, Olise and Eze will be injured again which should make them fodder. Then it's Arsenal right in the middle of a title race, which means they're definitely bottling it. Then Newcastle at our place... probably the most difficult game of the lot since they've had our number since the Carabao, but at least they'll be as crocked as us. Then Brighton at the Amex... also difficult, but final day so should be an open game which sort of suits us

We could also get no wins and it wouldn't really surprise anybody all that much.

Dannn411

Might be 10th/11th at this rate :lol: :lol: :lol: Brighton are only 6 back, Wolves are only 7 back. That's just two losses and a draw. Very doable with this team.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
We're getting 6 points from our next 2 (Burnley/Sheffield). After that, I think we lose every one of them.

So 8th or 9th. Probably 9th.

Roboc7

If we do finish 8th or 9th it would probably be a better reflection of our performances. If we can win the two games against Sheff Utd and Burnley we should maybe just cling non to 7th but it’s a big if.

I still can’t get my head round fact only Luton have faced more shots than us this season. And that’s misleading as it’s only 5 and they’ve played a game more. We’ve been dreadful all season and I have been shocked how high in table we have been.

xtal191

Couldn't care less at this stage, we're unbelievably lucky to be 7th in the league, should be a few places lower

WitchWithoutACat

Possibly outside of any European spot and I have very mixed feelings about that.

Obviously I want to see us in Europe and we definitely need the money to help with FFP but I also want to see some of our players suffer from the wages cut because they deserve it.

Now all the players are complaining about being exhausted from too many games (and I think that's most likely fair) but our players went out of Europe early and still say they are exhausted.

I dunno, just very frustrated with this team and Sir Jim has got a lot of work to do over the next few seasons to get us back to a team that's consistently pushing for a champions league place.

BelfastRed2021

How on earth are you acting like that is an even moderately over dramatic statement.

We are 3 points ahead of the current 9th placed team who are in better form, have a game in hand and a better goal difference.
Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, West Ham Chelseas next 4 fixtures they also have to play Brighton Forest aswell and with Chelsea you call them winning couple games form hahaha they can easily get beaten at home by anyone at any time lets not get carried away they played a terrible Everton team last night.

West Ham have to play city, chelsea and liverpool and away to palace and luton at home who are desperate to stay up

Newcastle have few tricky ties aswell and away from home have hardly been much better than us yes they are good at home lets not forget they ahve drew to bournemouth and everton they also still have to go to palace US and Brentford we need to make sure we win our home games and we will be fine for 6th.

All the other teams below us are hardly any more consistent than us the negativity is fine regarding not getting top 4 or 5 but making out we are doomed to finish in 9th when we never have and most likely wont is ridiculous.

Like i say secure 6 points in next two home games and it will be in our hands and if we finish 9th if we do i will run round the streets off Manchester bollock naked and yous can hold me to that as you can this post as my evidence.

Last edited:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, West Ham Chelseas next 4 fixtures they also have to play Brighton Forest aswell and with Chelsea you call them inning couple games form hahaha they can easily get beaten at home by anyone at any time lets not get carried away they played a terrible Everton team last night.

West Ham have to play city, chelsea and liverpool and away to palace and luton at home who are desperate to stay up

Newcastle have few tricky ties aswell and away from home have hardly been much better than us yes they are good at home but still have to go to palace US and Brentford we need to make sure we win our home games and we will be fine for 6th.

All the other teams below us are hardly any more consitent than us the negativity is fine regarding not getting top 4 or 5 butmaking out we are doomed to finish in 9th when we never have and most likely wont is ridiculous.

Like i say secure 6 points in next two home games and it will be in our hands and if we finish 9th if we do i will run round the streets on Manchester bollock naked and yous can hold me to that as you can see it.
It's not that ridiculous. All we need to do is botch 2 winable games which we have been doing all season.

No need to get over dramatic, we're not that far from 8th or 9th

Woodzy

8th, and I really think that would be flattering us.

Easy to forget that most of our positive results this season were actually quite fortunate.

wolvored

I only expect us to win against Sheffield u and Burnley. That’s not saying we don’t win against one of the others, but sadly that would be a happy shock. If Chelsea win their game in hand then 8th will be our final position imo, and TH sacked.

OverratedOpinion

Arsenal, Villa, Spurs, West Ham Chelseas next 4 fixtures they also have to play Brighton Forest aswell and with Chelsea you call them winning couple games form hahaha they can easily get beaten at home by anyone at any time lets not get carried away they played a terrible Everton team last night.

Newcastle have few tricky ties aswell and away from home have hardly been much better than us yes they are good at home lets not forget they ahve drew to bournemouth and everton they also still have to go to palace US and Brentford we need to make sure we win our home games and we will be fine for 6th.

All the other teams below us are hardly any more consistent than us the negativity is fine regarding not getting top 4 or 5 but making out we are doomed to finish in 9th when we never have and most likely wont is ridiculous.

Like i say secure 6 points in next two home games and it will be in our hands and if we finish 9th if we do i will run round the streets off Manchester bollock naked and yous can hold me to that as you can this post as my evidence.
The fact you are laughing at the idea of Chelsea being in better form than us shows a lot. They have won 3 matches since we last won a match including beating us, newcastle and winning 6-0 yesterday.

We literally don't look like we can beat anyone in the league right now. I'm sure we will get a couple of wins but that could still easily see us finish 8th or 9th.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We probably won't finish 9th, but it's hardly some out-there proposition. There's four teams who are pretty much neck-and-neck from 6th through to 9th at the moment, and two of those teams are clearly in better form right now.

Newcastle would be favourites for 6th (best current form, best goal difference and easiest remaining fixtures). We probably just sneak into being favourites for 7th due to Chelsea's next three games being against Arsenal, Villa and Spurs, but if we haven't opened up a bit of a gap over those three games then they have an easier end to the season. West Ham are the likeliest to get 9th. But really, any combination could easily happen.

Last edited: