Callum Hudson-Odoi

LVGSdive

Whenever a professional athlete is accused of a rape he is usually innocent. I don't see this being any different, she went over to his place in the early hours of the morning, she obviously wasn't going there to play chess.

Unfortunately, for Callum men are seen as guilty until proven innocent where a woman can make up any preposterous story and there needs to be overwhelming evidence to disprove it. Now he is in a battle of he said/she said with a 50/50 chance at going to prison and ruin his very promising career.

He obviously messed up in breaking lockdown rules so he is an idiot for that.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Only just found about this. We don't allow current criminal allegations like this to be discussed for legal reasons. Thread locked with police statement below

'Police and London Ambulance Service were called at 03:53hrs on Sunday, 17 May to a report of an unwell woman.

'When emergency services attended, a woman reported that she was raped. She was taken to hospital.

'A man was arrested at the scene on suspicion of rape. He was released from custody and bailed to return on a date in mid-June.'

SAFMUTD

He's going to play even less after Ziyech, Werner and possibly Havertz arrive.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
He'll literally be in no worse a position. He'll be behind/fighting with two wingers as he is currently. That would have given him enough playing time in a normal season let alone a more congested one where 5 subs are play.

SAFMUTD

He'll literally be in no worse a position. He'll be behind/fighting with two wingers as he is currently. That would have given him enough playing time in a normal season let alone a more congested one where 5 subs are play.
If he couldnt get past Willian, he's not going to get past the new shinny toys Lampard has brought.

Chelsea is not known for developing youngsters, at least not their own youngsters, so I think he made the wrong call there. I can see him leaving in summer 2021.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
If he couldnt get past Willian, he's not going to get past the new shinny toys Lampard has brought.
By that exact same logic Greenwood is every shade of screwed if Ole gets his new shiny toy from Dortmund.

SAFMUTD

By that exact same logic Greenwood is every shade of screwed if Ole gets his new shiny toy from Dortmund.
With the diference that Greenwood would be second choice, and CHO is second-third at the moment? Even without the arrival of the new players.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
With the diference that Greenwood would be second choice, and CHO is second-third at the moment? Even without the arrival of the new players.
Willian and Pedro are leaving Ziyech is arriving, we will likely be starting next season with three natural wingers. Due to Hakim's versatility (can also play in the midfield and even false 9) CHO will if anything have more scope to claim a spot than he does at the minute.

Nice try though.

SAFMUTD

Willian and Pedro are leaving Ziyech is arriving, we will likely be starting next season with three natural wingers. Due to Hakim's versatility (can also play in the midfield and even false 9) CHO will if anything have more scope to claim a spot than he does at the minute.

Nice try though.
Wasnt aware that Willian and Pedro were leaving, but still if he's currently unhappy I dont think it would comfort him much to think he'll remain in the exact same pecking order now with younger players.

flappyjay

It's not easy to come back from a long-term injury and hit the ground running. He should go on loan, after a long term injury you need consistent game time.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
I've not seen loads of him, but he doesn't look the same player since coming back from that serious achillis injury.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Yeah, tbh it really shouldn't matter for ManUtd fans what Chelsea do with their youngsters or how they want to build the team but it's weird to see few Chelsea fans talk all big about how times are changing, how much they trust young players.

yumtum

DUX' bumchum
It's Sky regurgitating bollocks from an even more shit source on Twitter.

All of the Chelsea "ITK" accounts have rubbished it, eg...

That second tweet is a shambles, "the context was wrong"? As in, I completely made shit up and got called on it?

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
I've not seen loads of him, but he doesn't look the same player since coming back from that serious achillis injury.
True, also had other issues last few months.

Pretty sure that is a big reason he hasn't played much.

I'm sure the essence of this story is true, he wants to play. Given his huge contract and subsequent form and behaviour, no case for putting him in the team.

Will be interesting see what happens over the summer.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Wasnt aware that Willian and Pedro were leaving, but still if he's currently unhappy I dont think it would comfort him much to think he'll remain in the exact same pecking order now with younger players.
Don't think it'll be exactly the same; this year he was generally behind Pedro in the pecking order whilst next year he'll be the clear 3rd choice winger. Should get at least 2500 minutes which is a good-sized workload for a player of his age.

Cloud7

Even though it's not the career ending injury that it used to be, I still think it takes a lot out of you as a player, and you do lose something from before when you come back from an injury like that, especially if you were a nimble/mobile player

LVGSdive

Even though it's not the career ending injury that it used to be, I still think it takes a lot out of you as a player, and you do lose something from before when you come back from an injury like that, especially if you were a nimble/mobile player
He also had the coronavirus which can have a negative effect on lungs. He might not be able to play 90 minutes due to that. So logically bringing him off the bench for 10-30 minutes is probably the best way to manage him.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He also had the coronavirus which can have a negative effect on lungs. He might not be able to play 90 minutes due to that. So logically bringing him off the bench for 10-30 minutes is probably the best way to manage him.
Also, having a rape prosecution hanging over your head can't be good, even if you know you are innocent.

romufc

Nice try though.
The exact reason we want Sancho... CHO will get a chance, he just has to take it.

cyberman

Nice try though.
You have 3 natural widemen now and he isnt getting a game? If Havertz comes in the versatility factor is gone since Ziyech wouldn't be needed down the middle.
Chelsea fans made the same excuse for Abraham and Mount getting games next year. They all cant be accommodated with the same rationale or theyd be taking time away from each other

redmeister

With young players, who break through early, there is an insane tendency to get carried away. We see it all the time and no matter how often it's pointed out that you have to judge them on their technical ability, not their physical capability to play senior football at a young age, most fans still ignore it. You don't need to be a super scout to notice this guy simply doesn't have the ability of the likes of Sancho, Sterling or Hazard. Watch videos of those 3 as teens and the difference is obvious. I pointed out he's not that good at the start of the thread, as I did with Sessegnon and Reece Oxford. I make the same point every time we see these types of young players and every time I can get the same type of responses. Is it that hard to spot the difference between someone like Hudson Odoi and Marcus Edwards? In 3 years time Odoi is not going to be an elite level player, as he just isn't that amazing a footballer. I'm not saying he wont make it at Prem level and get more England caps, but he's not and never was an elite level talent.

paulscholes18

You have 3 natural widemen now and he isnt getting a game? If Havertz comes in the versatility factor is gone since Ziyech wouldn't be needed down the middle.
Chelsea fans made the same excuse for Abraham and Mount getting games next year. They all cant be accommodated with the same rationale or theyd be taking time away from each other
Certainly looking like Mount, Tammy, Barkley & CHO will make more sub appearances than starts next season. Tammy may want to more if he has any aspirations of going to the Euros next summer as there’s a great chance he will be 3rd choice behind Werner & Giroud.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Well, we have 4 natural widemen right now - next year we're likely to have 3 (Pulisic, Ziyech, and CHO).

He's gotten more than 1000 minutes this season despite missing half of it whilst rehabbing a catastrophic injury. I don't understand the rush to cement him in the starting XI - a role as the first winger off the bench is perfectly sufficient for a 19 year old and barring injury his minutes will go up dramatically next year.

Also Mount is almost certainly going to play - he's the key to our press and Frank absolutely loves him. The only one of the 3 likely to lose minutes is Tammy.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Well, we have 4 natural widemen right now - next year we're likely to have 3 (Pulisic, Ziyech, and CHO).

He's gotten more than 1000 minutes this season despite missing half of it whilst rehabbing a catastrophic injury. I don't understand the rush to cement him in the starting XI - a role as the first winger off the bench is perfectly sufficient for a 19 year old and barring injury his minutes will go up dramatically next year.

Also Mount is almost certainly going to play - he's the key to our press and Frank absolutely loves him. The only one of the 3 likely to lose minutes is Tammy.
It's certainly a problem for Lampard to solve.

The claim isn't that these guys will all be bonafide starters. Some of them might [Mount and James], others likely won't [CHO and Abraham] but depending on the situation and formation, there should be enough room for everyone. Players being rested/injured, formation/tactics being tweaked, loss of form, there are plenty of reasons to rotate the squad, especially when the bench will be filled with talent.

Pulisic and Giroud are good examples. Neither were involved much at the start of the season, CHO was in and out with injuries and Pedro's form wasn't there, while Abraham's form dipped much later, but both are nigh on undroppable at the moment.

Biased as it may be, that's how I see it, but ultimately we don't know until we see it play out next season.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Fair enough but also it's a squad game so even with those players they'll be a lot of rotation,factor in a packed schedule plus five subs then even more still. In CHO case he'll get a lot of time purely due to Pulisic also being still young (and injury phrone) which will mean they'll also very likely be times the former's simply in better form, and it's worth remembering Callum was actually considered the better prospect by many this time last year (which just goes to further show how much form of young players fluctuates).

Mount will likely be competing with two players for three starting places and that's even assuming Havertz comes, if he doesn't he'll be a lock in to start just like he is now.

Tammy I'll give you will probably see significantly reduced gametime but even that in itself isn't the disgrace that's portrayed, using HG lads for squad depth gives us the chance to sign the Werner's and Havertz of this world instead of having to commit funds to bringing in squad fillers.

James never seems to get brought up in this but we abandoned pursuing Hakimi because of his emergence.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Tammy I'll give you will probably see significantly reduced gametime but even that in itself isn't the disgrace that's portrayed, using HG lads for squad depth gives us the chance to sign the Werner's and Havertz of this world instead of having to commit funds to bringing in squad fillers.
I actually remember saying this very thing when we wasted close to £90m on Bakayoko and Drinkwater while letting Loftus-Cheek and Chalobah to go out on loan.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Won't he have less competition next season with Pedro and Willian gone?
Pulisic or CHO for the left side, Ziyech for the right, Werner up top and Havertz in the middle. Or am I missing something? Before they had one more other alternative out wide.
If CHO loses the spot to Pulisic he will still be first on for the wings, no?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
It's certainly a problem for Lampard to solve.

The claim isn't that these guys will all be bonafide starters. Some of them might [Mount and James], others likely won't [CHO and Abraham] but depending on the situation and formation, there should be enough room for everyone. Players being rested/injured, formation/tactics being tweaked, loss of form, there are plenty of reasons to rotate the squad, especially when the bench will be filled with talent.

Pulisic and Giroud are good examples. Neither were involved much at the start of the season, CHO was in and out with injuries and Pedro's form wasn't there, while Abraham's form dipped much later, but both are nigh on undroppable at the moment.

Biased as it may be, that's how I see it, but ultimately we don't know until we see it play out next season.
Agreed. I just find the criticism a bit odd - if we start fewer than 4 academy players every game this is proof we no longer care about youth?

For me Chelsea are finally doing what we should have done all along with our academy. The purchases that ruin us are when we spend big money on mediocre backups - Zappacosta, Batshuayi, Drinkwater, etc. We should instead be saving our funds for top players and filling out the squad with our academy players - they get enough minutes to continue their development and the squad as a whole is better-rounded.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Won't he have less competition next season with Pedro and Willian gone?
Pulisic or CHO for the left side, Ziyech for the right, Werner up top and Havertz in the middle. Or am I missing something? Before they had one more other alternative out wide.
If CHO loses the spot to Pulisic he will still be first on for the wings, no?
Yes, he'd be going from being the 4th winger this year to the 3rd next year. Pulisic has also had injury problems himself and isn't necessarily someone to play 90 minutes every match, so CHO will almost certainly be used regularly.

In addition there will be 5 subs for all of next year and that only makes it more likely he'll get plenty of minutes.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
That second tweet is a shambles, "the context was wrong"? As in, I completely made shit up and got called on it?
From what I've seen, Simon Phillips is absolutely terrible. Would put him on par with Miguel Delaney and Samuel Luckhurst on the "ignore everything they say" scale. Scary if he is a Chelsea ITK.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
From what I've seen, Simon Phillips is absolutely terrible. Would put him on par with Miguel Delaney and Samuel Luckhurst on the "ignore everything they say" scale. Scary if he is a Chelsea ITK.
He runs a blog, and copy/pastes articles written by actual journos into tweets. I don't believe he has any sources.