Callum Hudson-Odoi

JuriM

If he is made available at some sort of sensible deal, either loan with an option to buy at some sum or smth - Then yes, we should consider the deal.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
there signing them for the sole reason as when they come back they will make a cracking profit on them
Mate, what is your issue with CHO? You have your opinion and others have theirs on the player. Why is he bothering you so much?

Classical Mechanic

there signing them for the sole reason as when they come back they will make a cracking profit on them
It's a completely illogical premise. If the player doesn't perform then they aren't worth a carrot. Bayern were going to invest big money in CHO so he'd have to perform at a very high level in the league for them to make a 'cracking profit'. Dortmund have invested very big money in Bellingham who had only played at Championship level before so they clearly believe that he can make it to a very high level.

Of course the fees English clubs may potentially pay makes it more attractive but there's no profit to be made from players that are not talented. Bayern offering £35m and big wages for an 18 year old should tell you how highly they rated him.

Murray3007

Mate, what is your issue with CHO? You have your opinion and others have theirs on the player. Why is he bothering you so much?
don't have an issue with him, said my piece and followed up the replys, is that not what a forum is for ?

TheLord

I'm not convinced about him yet - never seen a single match where he has been genuinely brilliant for 90 minutes. He produces some bright moments, but nothing consistently. There are also some injury issues lately.

If Chelsea don't see anything special in the 19-year old English youngster, and are willing to let him go, I don't think he's any special. I don't want our squad to be full of Chelsea rejects.

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
I'm not big fans of Sarr but I prefer Sarr than this guy at the moment. Although Sarr is few years older which is slightly understandable.

To be fair, Bayern wants him now but let's be honest, this guy will likely be signed for purpose to be 4th choice winger behind Sane, Gnabry & Coman. It doesn't need to be that special to be 4th choice Bayern's winger.
He'll be too expensive for us as a 4th choice winger.

Steve Bruce

I'm not convinced about him yet - never seen a single match where he has been genuinely brilliant for 90 minutes. He produces some bright moments, but nothing consistently. There are also some injury issues lately.

If Chelsea don't see anything special in the 19-year old English youngster, and are willing to let him go, I don't think he's any special. I don't want our squad to be full of Chelsea rejects.
The same Chelsea who let mo salah & KDB go when they where young?

SaboTaj

Wouldn’t mind him tbh. If he is actually available at a fair price then i hope we’re in for him.

Bondi77

I would take him at a decent price, I have seen him play better games in a Chelsea shirt than Havertz and he cost 70mil quid.

LVGSdive

he wasn't really had a few good games in the Europa league, because he was English and at Chelsea he got hyped well up,
He was the 2nd best player on the pitch for the world cup u17's final behind Foden. So for his age he clearly was an elite player/prospect.

SamoyedSam

Supports
Notts County
I watch England religiously at youth levels and CHO was basically like Adama Traore then. He was fast, strong and went past full backs with ease. The trouble when you move up to men's football is that the full backs are also fast and strong. He's capable of elite level goals and finishing but like Rashford he doesn't have the consistency yet and can be wasteful. For me he needs first team football and even dropping to the Championship on loan wouldn't be a bad thing now.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
I watch England religiously at youth levels and CHO was basically like Adama Traore then. He was fast, strong and went past full backs with ease. The trouble when you move up to men's football is that the full backs are also fast and strong. He's capable of elite level goals and finishing but like Rashford he doesn't have the consistency yet and can be wasteful. For me he needs first team football and even dropping to the Championship on loan wouldn't be a bad thing now.
I think his main problem is his injury. An achilles tear is way worse than doing your ACL. Even if he gets back to 95% (Which would be quite the achievement) in terms of explosiveness it would render him good/average and not great.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
He doesnt look anywhere near the same. Looks a lot more tentaive and slower. And is a lot less aggressive in attacking the fullback.
Not sure how he would be effected. I know that I lost a lot of flexibility, which turned into lost speed. Mind you, I was 34 the first time (36 the second) so a lot different than a teenager doing it. But I was never the same. Not even close. Any pace I had left was gone. I went from being one of the fastest guys on my team to the slowest. It was a huge drop off...

In Rainbows

An achilles injury is considered the worst injury in basketball. You lose a lot of athleticism. I think there's been like 1 or 2 who have come back normal, but mostly everyone else suffered.

dinostar77

There an article on The Times (behind paywall) about CHO achilles injury (from last year). Looks an interesting read. There are 3 grades of rupture, 3 being the most serious a complete tear.

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/callum-hudson-odoi-may-never-regain-the-same-power-after-achilles-injury-dlmsvfjgh

Also,
Dr. Kevin Stone, an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. Here’s how he described the tendon:

The Achilles tendon attaches the calf muscle to the heel bone. It’s designed to stretch, it’s designed to absorb force when the athlete lands from a jump. It’s designed to provide power for push off when taking a running step. And so, Achilles tendon ruptures are classically the scourge of a 40- to 60-year-old male. It’s uncommon in sports injuries for it to be women or it to be younger athletes. So the unusual Achilles rupture in the basketball player or a female is usually bad luck -- landing from a bad position, landing awkwardly hard on the leg.

United58

There an article on The Times (behind paywall) about CHO achilles injury (from last year). Looks an interesting read. There are 3 grades of rupture, 3 being the most serious a complete tear.

www.thetimes.co.uk/article/callum-hudson-odoi-may-never-regain-the-same-power-after-achilles-injury-dlmsvfjgh

Also,

Dr. Kevin Stone, an orthopedic surgeon who specializes in sports medicine. Here’s how he described the tendon:
Big injury is one of the main reasons - the main reason, really - I'd never go for him. Shaw unfortunately has never been as explosive as he was in August/September 2015 after his bad leg break; he was playing so well that even Depay was looking good in front of him! Hate injuries :(

Edit: Damn article's behind a paywall haha

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne

Also,
I read it. It's more anecdotal and at the end says "there are still no guarantees".

Classical Mechanic

If he has lost that explosiveness he could always remodel himself as a 10. He's played there for England at the u17 Euros and got in team of the tournament. He's a good passer of the ball for a wide forward.

Irrational.

Will be tossed aside in favour of shinier toys like Ziyech and Pulisic. Would certainly be a worthwhile alternative to Sancho (not that Chelsea will sell to us anyway).

He's wasting his career at Chelsea.

GameOn

Will be tossed aside in favour of shinier toys like Ziyech and Pulisic. Would certainly be a worthwhile alternative to Sancho (not that Chelsea will sell to us anyway).

This is what I don't get. Imho CHO is (clearly) more talented than Pulisic. He's three years younger, too.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Hasn't looked the same since his achilles injury. Hope he can kick on, but will probably end up wasting another year on the bench.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel

When did Chelsea refuse to sell to United? They sold Mata who was coming off of a very good season and Matic who was still one of the best at his position for reasonable prices.

This is what I don't get. Imho CHO is (clearly) more talented than Pulisic. He's three years younger, too.
:lol:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Still welcome to join us, our squad is practically reduced to the bare minimum.

Irrational.

When did Chelsea refuse to sell to United? They sold Mata who was coming off of a very good season and Matic who was still one of the best at his position for reasonable prices.
Circumstances are different - we're now direct rivals for top four. I think CHO would have to push for it. Maybe our reluctance to sell Henderson to them may play a role too.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
Mourinho wanted him gone so they sold him and made a profit.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Circumstances are different - we're now direct rivals for top four. I think CHO would have to push for it. Maybe our reluctance to sell Henderson to them may play a role too.
United refused to sell Rooney to Chelsea as well prior to the season Chelsea sold Mata to United. Chelsea are not impractical. If they get a decent enough bid, they'll sell, especially after the amount of money they spent this window on other players.

beingshe7don

Surely if he was really good he would play often ahead of ziyech? What's gone wrong ?
He's injured most of the time. They can't rely on him to be fit and CHO does not want to be benched. It's the Sancho syndrome... basically want to play every game to develop himself further. Could see him go to Dortmund if Sancho is sold.

Rolaholic

United is too good for him according to some here while the treble winning European champs would be glad to take him :lol:

izec

As i said before, i would love him here as a Sancho alternative, but don't see it happening.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

United is too good for him according to some here while the treble winning European champs would be glad to take him :lol:
We are looking for someone to go straight into the 11. Would he start ahead of any of our forwards?