Callum Hudson-Odoi

ti vu

We are looking for someone to go straight into the 11. Would he start ahead of any of our forwards?
He should as our right winger. However, I don't think we could expect anything awesome from the get go. Need plenty of development. I don't know think his ceiling is as high as the hype around him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Which of your forwards are you looking to drop down to the bench (if you are looking for someone to go straight into the first XI)?
Everyone seems desperate to drop Greenwood for some reason because he's a striker and they don't want him to end up too much of a winger or something.

Judas

Open to offers
Everyone seems desperate to drop Greenwood for some reason because he's a striker and they don't want him to end up too much of a winger or something.
Or because he should be managed and not over played at such a young age, more likely that than the reason you just made up.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Or because he should be managed and not over played at such a young age, more likely that than the reason you just made up.
He should be managed by being replaced? He should have a back up signed for him, that's it.

You can pretty much see on the last two pages of his performance thread how many people are obsessed with him not being a winger.

He's not a right winger. He's an out and out striker. Let's not burden him with defensive duties. Our right sided midfielder needs to help the full back
if we don't look to bring in a RW'er, that's the only role he's going to play. Then at some point i worry about what that will mean to his striker development
we are trying to turn our potential best striker into an RW and then worrying about his "defensive qualities". :( I think Brighton showed how we need to fix the defence, but trying to turn greenwood into a winger is criminal.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Which of your forwards are you looking to drop down to the bench (if you are looking for someone to go straight into the first XI)?
A top player could be a threat to all our forwards. I am not sure Odoi poses that much of a threat right now.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Surprised by this. Callum Hudson-Odoi changed the game around for Chelsea last week but I guess he must be pretty desperate to leave.

gorky_utd

Any chance this would mean Coman is now available?
Exactly my thought. If CHO is going to bayern pretty sure he will not be happy to be another substitute for 3 quality wingers. Hopefully Coman is available if the deal happens.

Classical Mechanic

Surprised by this. Callum Hudson-Odoi changed the game around for Chelsea last week but I guess he must be pretty desperate to leave.
He changed the game when he played on the left which is by far his best position then Frank played him on the right in the next game to shoe horn Werner in the team. Once Pulisic comes back he’ll be third choice in his best position. Plus he’s joining the European champions.

Rolaholic

Exactly my thought. If CHO is going to bayern pretty sure he will not be happy to be another substitute for 3 quality wingers. Hopefully Coman is available if the deal happens.
Not with Sane's injury troubles rearing back up again on top Coman's history. They're looking into adding CHO to improve their depth, don't think they're looking to offload anyone at all right now

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
They bid 40 mil before he signed a new deal. Wonder how much they bidding now.

iHicksy

I reckon in a few years he'll go the way of Gnarby and be tearing it up in the CL for Bayern

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
Gnabry, Sane, Coman and Hudson-Odoi.
Is this fair?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Hope there is no buy option. Agree with loanin him out though. He's decent but needs to learn a lot before he can stake a claim for a regular spot

Varun

Staff
Gnabry, Sane, Coman and Hudson-Odoi.
Is this fair?
Front 3 options:
Bayern - Lewa, Zirkee, Muller, Gnabry, Sane, Coman, CHO
Utd - Rashford, Greenwood, Martial

And then people claim we're the biggest club in the world

We're the new arsenal under glazers. Top 4 is all we care about

red4ever 79

Rashford should be however he seems like Ole's favourite so yes I think it will be Greenwood
Would love to see Martial Greenwood Sancho

edcunited1878

Front 3 options:
Bayern - Lewa, Zirkee, Muller, Gnabry, Sane, Coman, CHO
Utd - Rashford, Greenwood, Martial

And then people claim we're the biggest club in the world

We're the new arsenal under glazers. Top 4 is all we care about
To be fair, you must add Bruno if you're including Muller. But totally understand where you coming from. And if you add Sancho and then a new backup center forward, it would be very good but not equal or better than Bayern because Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood have to be able to replicate performances and output for multiple years a la Lewa, Muller, Gnabry (still improving), Sane, etc.

edcunited1878

Rashford should be however he seems like Ole's favourite so yes I think it will be Greenwood
Would love to see Martial Greenwood Sancho
Martial, Greenwood, and Sancho would allow for all three to float and take up different positions. All 3 also have better technical skills than Rashford and don't have to rely on their pace or tap into it like Rashford.

Suvvernmanc

I reckon in a few years he'll go the way of Gnarby and be tearing it up in the CL for Bayern
I personally think he's the most overrated player about. He was highly rated as a youth player but that means nothing once the player matures. Sometimes they just flop.

I think he would be best placed with Bayern to get the best of him but I'll stick to my guns, he will fail and flop.

iHicksy

I personally think he's the most overrated player about. He was highly rated as a youth player but that means nothing once the player matures. Sometimes they just flop.

I think he would be best placed with Bayern to get the best of him but I'll stick to my guns, he will fail and flop.
He's only 19 now! He still is a youth player and nowhere near to maturity.

cyberman

To be fair, you must add Bruno if you're including Muller. But totally understand where you coming from. And if you add Sancho and then a new backup center forward, it would be very good but not equal or better than Bayern because Rashford, Martial, and Greenwood have to be able to replicate performances and output for multiple years a la Lewa, Muller, Gnabry (still improving), Sane, etc.
To be fair Sane and Gnabry on your list haven't really been doing it for multiple years themselves

Suvvernmanc

He's only 19 now! He still is a youth player and nowhere near to maturity.
I was talking about his days before Chelseas 1st team. Youth football is the term given to like u7s.. up to adult football. Him maturing is obviously going to happen over time.

My opinion of him is that he is overrated and not necessarily guaranteed to be even a good player, let alone a great player. Time will tell. If Lampard doesn't rate him enough to the point where he's going to get sold, then that's an indication that maybe the hype isn't real

iHicksy

My opinion of him is that he is overrated and not necessarily guaranteed to be even a good player, let alone a great player. Time will tell. If Lampard doesn't rate him enough to the point where he's going to get sold, then that's an indication that maybe the hype isn't real
Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and you could well be correct, time will tell. However, I wouldn't read much into Lampard not rating him. You could equally make the case that if Bayern rate him then it's an indication that the hype is very much real since they don't tend to make bad buys often. Also, it's not a given that he leaves because he's not rated. It may more be that Chelsea demand instant success and they have always been a club that buys success. Hence the purchases of Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner, Harvertz, who can all play in the same position as Choi. It may be that he was promised first team football to sign that huge 120k a week contract (again I would argue chelsea rated him very highly to give him that at such a young age) but he has now realised that it was a lie to cover their bases incase they got a longer transfer ban and that he's now seen through this with their insane spending spree. They simply have no interest in developing young players, no matter how much potential they may have.

Obviously you're entitled to your opinion and you could well be correct, time will tell. However, I wouldn't read much into Lampard not rating him. You could equally make the case that if Bayern rate him then it's an indication that the hype is very much real since they don't tend to make bad buys often. Also, it's not a given that he leaves because he's not rated. It may more be that Chelsea demand instant success and they have always been a club that buys success. Hence the purchases of Pulisic, Ziyech, Werner, Harvertz, who can all play in the same position as Choi. It may be that he was promised first team football to sign that huge 120k a week contract (again I would argue chelsea rated him very highly to give him that at such a young age) but he has now realised that it was a lie to cover their bases incase they got a longer transfer ban and that he's now seen through this with their insane spending spree. They simply have no interest in developing young players, no matter how much potential they may have.
everyone needs to balance the books as well.

edcunited1878

To be fair Sane and Gnabry on your list haven't really been doing it for multiple years themselves
Sane has been at a good level since his last year in Germany and when fit. So about 3 or 4 years..Martial has had one year, last year, in his preferred position. Last year was Rashford's first year in a settled position with a high goal output. Same with Greenwood. Gnabry has had a tremendous 12 to 16 months and performed at the highest club level, CL.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I don't think he's going anywhere.

Shame if he goes but I guess the club extending his contract and then selling for a fee is preferable to losing him for nothing on a free transfer.

Bondi77

I know we are a direct rival and Chelsea probably would prefer not to sell to us but if Lampard deems he has better players than why are we not involved in CHO; He is an ideal alternative to Sancho and we would get him for half the price.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
Why would you want him? He is still in a development cycle. He is not the player who can immediately have an impact on your club. A move to Bayern kind of makes sense - a top side which will win - with or without him. Differen kind of pressure at Chelsea and United who are in a dog fight for top 4.

Bondi77

Why would you want him? He is still in a development cycle. He is not the player who can immediately have an impact on your club. A move to Bayern kind of makes sense - a top side which will win - with or without him. Differen kind of pressure at Chelsea and United who are in a dog fight for top 4.
No different from Greenwood and he would be in rotation with our front players anyway and I think he has the quality evident by being called up to international football already.
Pressure and expectation is always going to be there at this level anyway and the good ones embrace it and thrive in it from a young age.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
We need backup for Rashford

Ranchero

Could be leaving Chelsea. Possible alternative to Sancho?

Wasn’t he very highly rated only a year ago?
Yes.. my thoughts exactly. He is another exciting prospect that would cost far less than Sancho. He needs games. But United are very good at putting all eggs in one basket, only to see them smashed.

Classical Mechanic

Yes.. my thoughts exactly. He is another exciting prospect that would cost far less than Sancho. He needs games. But United are very good at putting all eggs in one basket, only to see them smashed.
CHO isn't good enough on the right for a top club. He really needs to play on the left to develop.

UweBein

Creator of the Worst Analogy on the Internet.
Supports
Chelsea
No different from Greenwood and he would be in rotation with our front players anyway and I think he has the quality evident by being called up to international football already.
Pressure and expectation is always going to be there at this level anyway and the good ones embrace it and thrive in it from a young age.
We need backup for Rashford
So, basically he would find himself in a similar situation like at Chelsea. What would be his incentive to go to United?

Bondi77

So, basically he would find himself in a similar situation like at Chelsea. What would be his incentive to go to United?
Because I think at Utd he would be the only genuine winger and would play more because of that and at Chelsea there are other options.