Callum Hudson-Odoi

Rolaholic

They're literally Loan FC with the army of talent they send out yearly but won't accept one in this case? :lol:

Rektsanwalt

Supports
Schalke 04
They're literally Loan FC with the army of talent they send out yearly but won't accept one in this case? :lol:
70m pounds for this player who is not even a regular starter for Chelsea? In the current climate? What a joke:lol::lol::lol:
Bayern won‘t do that even if there was no corona..

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Honestly don't know why Bayern have such a hard on for him, it made sense when he was potentially going to be available on a free but now? They must be seeing something I'm not (which tbh is more than likely)

murali_red

Honestly don't know why Bayern have such a hard on for him, it made sense when he was potentially going to be available on a free but now? They must be seeing something I'm not (which tbh is more than likely)
Yes all Chelsea deals seem fishy, with sane and gnabry, why would they need him? He's not even a regular starter

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If they offer loan with obligation to buy for 70m. I would take it; infact youd be mental not to. Salihamidzic is a massive fan of his

HerrLeinad

Supports
Bayern München
If they offer loan with obligation to buy for 70m. I would take it; infact youd be mental not to. Salihamidzic is a massive fan of his
Do you honestly believe we would ever offer something like that? We didn't want to buy Havertz due to him being too expensive and he is A LOT more proven than CHO.
There is a chance for a loan with a high buyout clause but it'd be similar to Coutinho ie one we don't plan to ever use unless something really exceptional happens.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Do you honestly believe we would ever offer something like that? We didn't want to buy Havertz due to him being too expensive and he is A LOT more proven than CHO.
There is a chance for a loan with a high buyout clause but it'd be similar to Coutinho ie one we don't plan to ever use unless something really exceptional happens.
Depends how much you really want him. Its more likely he stays right now anyway, IMO.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
There is literally no upside for Chelsea in sending CHO on loan to Bayern with no obligation to buy. So unless Bayern are for some reason really in love with him and agree to the obligation to buy arrangement and for a fee big enough to make Chelsea consider, then attempting to schedule meetings with Chelsea seems a bit pointless.

If all you're offering is a loan with an option to buy that you can easily opt out of, then it's a hard pass. I can't imagine Chelsea not laughing that out of the room.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Do any managers in the Prem just openly talk about wanting other team's players like this? Seems very strange.
It always seems a PL thing to me to pretend managers/clubs are not eyeing other clubs' goods. It's just the reality of the business, i don't understand the fuss about it.

BlackShark_80

It always seems a PL thing to me to pretend managers/clubs are not eyeing other clubs' goods. It's just the reality of the business, i don't understand the fuss about it.
Talking openly about other team's player just very disrespectful. If he is a free agent it's not problem, but Hudson-Odoi still has a contract with Chelsea.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Talking openly about other team's player just very disrespectful. If he is a free agent it's not problem, but Hudson-Odoi still has a contract with Chelsea.
Every club does it, it's pure hypocrisy to get all holier than thou about it. The vast majority of transfers are players with running contracts and in the end nobidy sheds a tear or loses sleep about it, so why can we not drop the fake outrage about it.

BlackShark_80

Every club does it, it's pure hypocrisy to get all holier than thou about it. The vast majority of transfers are players with running contracts and in the end nobidy sheds a tear or loses sleep about it, so why can we not drop the fake outrage about it.
Not every club does it, especially the big clubs. Imagine if someone like Ancelotti talking openly about wanting to sign Muller or Davies, i would be shocked if Flick and Salihamidzic aren't angry about it.

Last edited:

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Not every club does it, especially the big clubs. Imagine if someone like Ancelotti talking openly about wanting to sign Muller or Davies, i would be shocked if Flick and Salihamidzic aren't angry.
Yes, it's their job to be, or rather, to keep a potent squad together and act accordingly. I, as a fan, would scoff at the endeavour and think them silly to try, in the example at hand. Yet i think it's every club's / manager's business how they go about trying to get their targets, in the end they can only hurt their own chances when talking openly about them, by driving prices up for example. It doesn't hurt my feelings or pride when it happens.

BlackShark_80

Yes, it's their job to be, or rather, to keep a potent squad together and act accordingly. I, as a fan, would scoff at the endeavour and think them silly to try, in the example at hand. Yet i think it's every club's / manager's business how they go about trying to get their targets, in the end they can only hurt their own chances when talking openly about them, by driving prices up for example. It doesn't hurt my feelings or pride when it happens.
Fair enough, if you doesn't feel anything when other club trying to unsettle your player.

BlackShark_80

See, Thiago wasn't talked about (publicly) by Pool and he still left. What have we gained here? Feck all.
Nope, Bayern still gained plenty:
1. Decent money
2. Good relationship with Thiago
3. Good relationship with Liverpool, which may help any future transfer.

dinostar77

If i was CHO, I'd push for this transfer. When Ziyech and Pulisic are fit, its gonna be tough to get to into the XI on the wings. Havertz and Werner will rarely be dropped. Bayern are in for you again, so they must really rate you. Gnarby, Zane and Coman is formidable competition but he would get game time. Plus he would win many many trophies with Bayern and possibly a CL or two.

Get that loan turned into an obligation to buy and get the deal done. Chelsea are a big club but this is Bayern Munich we are talking about.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If i was CHO, I'd push for this transfer. When Ziyech and Pulisic are fit, its gonna be tough to get to into the XI on the wings. Havertz and Werner will rarely be dropped. Bayern are in for you again, so they must really rate you. Gnarby, Zane and Coman is formidable competition but he would get game time. Plus he would win many many trophies with Bayern and possibly a CL or two.

Get that loan turned into an obligation to buy and get the deal done. Chelsea are a big club but this is Bayern Munich we are talking about.
If Bayern give Chelsea an option of loan with £70m obligation I reckon they will snap their arms off. CHO obviously has a lot of potential but it is only that atm. £70m is essentially what they paid for Harvetz.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If Bayern give Chelsea an option of loan with £70m obligation I reckon they will snap their arms off. CHO obviously has a lot of potential but it is only that atm. £70m is essentially what they paid for Harvetz.
Id take that. I think there is a very good player in CHO, just lot to learn and admittedly apart from West Brom last week, I have only seen him play really well in carabao cup/fa cup games against lower league teams; and against weaker european teams. Not to say he is poor every other time, but he doesnt make me think "wow". £70m for him guaranteed next summer, we'd be utter loonies to turn it down. A loan with option to buy will get laughed out i suspect.

Always pleasing to see an academy boy do well, but even though they are one of our own (cringey cliche), i still dont get carried away like some. I remember the times where we had fans wanting Solanke in the side, Lewis Baker, Charlie Colkett, etc all of whom then went on other loans/perm deals and proved to be bang average or shite. So I always had those reservations with CHO and RLC too. And yes, i do think they are both are a tad overhyped by our own fanbase, too. RLC is fecked though now, that achilles injury has done him

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
It's a bogus rumour.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
You can start our fund for replacing him with sancho. Im sure thatll go down great on here.
Nah, Bayern will just buy Sancho next summer themselves.

PS: No they won‘t

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
No worries. I look to the same outcome again :D
Maybe he's out of Frank's favor by then, or, not that i wish him anything of the sort, injured for a longer period of time, so a scenario similar to our waiting game for Sané may apply. Or not, we'll see.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Maybe he's out of Frank's favor by then, or, not that i wish him anything of the sort, injured for a longer period of time, so a scenario similar to our waiting game for Sané may apply. Or not, we'll see.
I think Bayern's problem is the best you can promise him is perhaps being a backup at a better club where domestic trophies are a certainty. I don't how see how he can expect more game time at Bayern when everyone's fit. You never know though, and perhaps a change of scenery can entice him if he's still mostly a backup come January or next summer. Bayern would still have to pay up though.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
We can rule out the scenario where all our wingers are fit, we don't do that here :lol:

Irrational.

Undergoing a medical with Nottingham Forest.

After fighting tooth and nail to keep him from joining Bayern, it’s a shame how this one has turned out. Not the first or last time this will happen.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Undergoing a medical with Nottingham Forest.

After fighting tooth and nail to keep him from joining Bayern, it’s a shame how this one has turned out. Not the first or last time this will happen.
Injuries well and truly fecked him. He hasn’t been the same since. I’d hoped he could show something at Leverkusen but that ended up being a very disappointing loan for all involved. I hope he can rebuild his career again. He was absolutely flying when he got that horrible injury.