Can Conte win a title for Spurs?

mctrials23

From what I have seen Spurs have got away with it in a few games and haven't really played that well. Good results but over-reliant on luck and god they are boring to watch.

I know I am in the minority amongst football fans but I would rather win nothing and be entertained every week than win it all and play boring, depressing football. I don't understand it. Whats the point of supporting a team if the only time you enjoy it is when you are winning. Just look at the results if thats what you care about. I watch football to be entertained. Thats why I watch other teams as well.

Guy Incognito

Bissouma will be an important player for them provided he gets a run of games.

Their midfield is too porous, they struggle to dictate play or exert control. They've got a brilliant front three but it's just papering over cracks. City would rip them to shreds 9 times out of 10 and I was surprised how easy Chelsea cut them open.

NLD derbies in recent years tend to favour the home side but even still they barely threatened Arsenal when they somehow got back in the game.

I guess what Conte has done well is minimise the chances that Spurs concede but their set up is too reactive to win the league and something will give.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
From what I have seen Spurs have got away with it in a few games and haven't really played that well. Good results but over-reliant on luck and god they are boring to watch.

I know I am in the minority amongst football fans but I would rather win nothing and be entertained every week than win it all and play boring, depressing football. I don't understand it. Whats the point of supporting a team if the only time you enjoy it is when you are winning. Just look at the results if thats what you care about. I watch football to be entertained. Thats why I watch other teams as well.
Believe me, if you had not seen your team win anything in 20 years of more you would be delighted to be bored to death all season if it meant winning something. Not that I am bored to death, I enjoy our games because I'm so invested in it.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Believe me, if you had not seen your team win anything in 20 years of more you would be delighted to be bored to death all season if it meant winning something.
Give it a few more years. We’re getting there.

mctrials23

Believe me, if you had not seen your team win anything in 20 years of more you would be delighted to be bored to death all season if it meant winning something. Not that I am bored to death, I enjoy our games because I'm so invested in it.
Yeah, thats fair enough. As a neutral watching other teams the only thing I care about is the entertainment so perhaps I'm a bit harsh on Spurs. I just loved watching them under Poch.

Lee565

Level with city and still think spurs have another gear to go to as seen in the second half of last season and if conte pulls of a similar effective transfer window deals like we saw last January then why not?

Last edited:

marktan

If he learnt how to rotate they would have a chance, as it is he always plays the same 9 players on the weekend and in europe and it just risks fatigue and worse, injury. When Kane breaks down that'll be their season over.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
What if you don’t win anything? Scraping points off teams will all be for nothing.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What if you don’t win anything? Scraping points off teams will all be for nothing.
I'm happy with how we are playing and Conte is the best manager we could possibly have. I hope he stays at Spurs for many years whether we win something this year or not.

Chief123

But you are going to end up bored to death and still end up winning nothing. The best chance Spurs have of winning anything is an FA cup or league cup and even then it’s going to need some serious luck.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
But you are going to end up bored to death and still end up winning nothing. The best chance Spurs have of winning anything is an FA cup or league cup and even then it’s going to need some serious luck.
That's your opinion. I enjoy watching us but maybe if I was a neutral fan I'd be bored stupid but I'm not.

Pintu

I don't think they can win a domestic Cup with Conte. He will always prioritize the top 4 fight, and he doesn't have enough players to make it far in the Cups despite rotating. Mourinho was their best shot at a Cup when he took them to that final (at the cost of losing some easy points in the league).

frostbite

Do you really think that we (Man Utd) are playing better football than these Spurs?

frostbite

Yes I do actually. Spurs have been painful to watch this season. Have you watched them?
I watched their 2-0 game vs Everton and they dominated. Actually our recent game vs Everton was much worse. Spurs have a +12 goal difference, the only teams with a better goal difference are City with +24 and Arsenal with +13. We have a pathetic -2 goal difference, if there is a team "painful" to watch this season it is us, not Spurs!

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I watched their 2-0 game vs Everton and they dominated. Actually our recent game vs Everton was much worse. Spurs have a +12 goal difference, the only teams with a better goal difference are City with +24 and Arsenal with +13. We have a pathetic -2 goal difference, if there is a team "painful" to watch this season it is us, not Spurs!
Spurs is playing really well this season along with Arsenal. This may be the season both clubs have a chance for a top 4 place. Conte is a great coach.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
They have been good, well Conte ball boring, but good at what they do.

I would however expect United to get up at Old Trafford, Spurs have a bit of an injury crises atm, both Richarlison and Kulusevski out, I think Moura has only recently returned to training as well, so lacking match fitness. I do not see Conte giving Gil a start, means he will be forced into a tactical switch, probably a three in midfield. And whilst Spurs have in certain instances, played three in midfield, it is not the formation they play week in week out.

Mr. Robot

Yes I do actually. Spurs have been painful to watch this season. Have you watched them?
You’re right, Spurs are terrible to watch but have a good manager who knows how to get the job done. Unfortunately for them, Conte is never a long term solution. He goes to clubs and wins trophies. So anything less than that at Spurs will be classed as failure. I also feel that their performances & results are not sustainable over the course of a long season. It can quickly go downhill with Conte, especially if he doesn’t get the players he demands. He will be a good short term fix but hopefully for Spurs fans, their club has a longer term solution for when, not if, Conte falls out with Levy.

Jose Mourinho won trophies everywhere he went. Except at Spurs. Conte, I think, has won silverware at all of his clubs?

I would hate him to be our manager. A Top 4 finish isn’t a trophy either. The modern day football fan seems to think it is though.

As for Richarlison missing tomorrow, that’s a plus for Spurs. He’s gash.

The Brown Bull

It's Coming Home.
Ah Jayzus! How is this a question and how are there 14 pages of it? Spuds will win the league when United, City, Arsenal, Chelsea, Liverpool etc are relegated.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
Im sure its been mentioned a million times but they really are just a fancier burnley, put 9 men behind the ball then Hope kane or son can score.

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Spurs is playing really well this season along with Arsenal. This may be the season both clubs have a chance for a top 4 place. Conte is a great coach.
They’re really not. Being well organized and hard to beat is not the same as playing well. They should have lost against Chelsea (supreme luck at play) and they have been scraping out wins. At some point they’re going to get stuck because that is going to end. Apart from their over reliance on the Son/Kane partnership I don’t see what else they have to offer.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Dinosaur manager. Sean Dyche with plugs.

Chief123

If anyone still needed convincing the answer is a resounding no, then todays performance should be the proof.

Absolutely dire and shite football served up once again. It’s been the same crap all season. So glad he came nowhere near our club.

@balaks - You either have really low expectations or are easily pleased, but I don’t know how you can say you enjoy watching this tumescent football.

Got 2 of the best strikers up front and you couldn’t even tell they were on the pitch. Conte football for you.

Carl

Not only do we have one of the top 2 strikers in world football, we also have one of the best central CM pairings in the premiership in Hoberg and Bentancur, spurs will be pushing city the hardest come the end of the season.
Spurs... always the next big thing right?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Awful stuff from spurs. 2-0 flatters them. Could easily been about five or six.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
If anyone still needed convincing the answer is a resounding no, then todays performance should be the proof.

Absolutely dire and shite football served up once again. It’s been the same crap all season. So glad he came nowhere near our club.

@balaks - You either have really low expectations or are easily pleased, but I don’t know how you can say you enjoy watching this tumescent football.

Got 2 of the best strikers up front and you couldn’t even tell they were on the pitch. Conte football for you.
It was the worst performance I've seen since Conte came in. We really really miss Kulusevski.

Carl

It was the worst performance I've seen since Conte came in. We really really miss Kulusevski.
Ambition is the biggest thing you missed. Must be so frustrating for Kane.

Chief123

It’s not the first time though. They had a similar performance against Arsenal. Just far too many games Conte sets up like this.

That was our easiest win of the season which is damning on Conte and spurs.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
It’s not the first time though. They had a similar performance against Arsenal. Just far too many games Conte sets up like this.

That was our easiest win of the season which is damning on Conte and spurs.
We were much better vs Arsenal. That was a terrible performance tonight.