Can Conte win a title for Spurs?

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
What nonsense. Bissouma one of the best midfielders in the league last season and Richarlison is Brazil's number 9 ahead of Jesus. Both improve our squad greatly. We just need more and are mid way through a total squad rebuild.
Christ, these arguments are a reach. The players you signed do improve you but Richarlison is not better than Jesus.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Agree with all of this. It's early, but Arsenal really have put themselves in a great position. They are the darkest of horses, but I see them as one of only three teams that can compete for the title this season. Liverpool being the other, due to past history. Although realistically, you just struggle to see past City.
Title is beyond the reach of everyone but City. You'll have to have injuries to De Bruyne and Haaland both, for someone else to stand a chance against them.

Remember the geese

Title is beyond the reach of everyone but City. You'll have to have injuries to De Bruyne and Haaland both, for someone else to stand a chance against them.
Yeah, you are most probably right. Still, the signs are there for Arsenal and you could see that last season. I don't get to see too much of you guys, but I remember the game against Liverpool at The Emirates last season and I was really impressed. The result didn't go your way, but you were proactive and on the front foot for long spells against them.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
Yeah, you are most probably right. Still, the signs are there for Arsenal and you could see that last season. I don't get to see too much of you guys, but I remember the game against Liverpool at The Emirates last season and I was really impressed. The result didn't go your way, but you were proactive and on the front foot for long spells against them.
Yes, theres been definite progress even though we seem half the team without Partey.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
As I said on other thread, are you happy with Lloris still playing every week? Perhaps this was his first poor game in 12 months but I always feel he lets in soft goals in these type of games.

Surprised you haven't got a top young prospect ready to take over given it's Fraser Forster as your sub keeper this season.
We do need a young keeper in the squad yeah, I think this is likely Lloris's last season as our number 1 - he has been brilliant for us but had a shocker today.

JSArsenal

I think you would need them to be injured before and after the transfer window. Because City could build up a head of steam before January then play the reserves and still cruise to the league. If those two are out while the transfer window is open, City will just replace them and carry on like nothing's wrong.

Lentwood

What nonsense. Bissouma one of the best midfielders in the league last season and Richarlison is Brazil's number 9 ahead of Jesus. Both improve our squad greatly. We just need more and are mid way through a total squad rebuild.
Game of opinions but both good players without being "great" players for me

Tyrion

City will win the league by default. The more interesting questions are to be found with every single other one of the 19 positions.

Poch

Supports
Spurs
Not only do we have one of the top 2 strikers in world football, we also have one of the best central CM pairings in the premiership in Hoberg and Bentancur, spurs will be pushing city the hardest come the end of the season.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
Not only do we have one of the top 2 strikers in world football, we also have one of the best central CM pairings in the premiership in Hoberg and Bentancur, spurs will be pushing city the hardest come the end of the season.
Your being heavily influenced by the recent result. Beating Everton at home is something almost all the big 6 will do this year.

Also wasnt long ago Arsenal were being overlooked as we hadn't 'beaten any of the big teams'. No one asks this question anymore after doing Spurs and Liverpool back to back. Which begs the question, which big team have Spurs beat this year?

Bestie07

I feel like you have more points than your performances deserve, and expect you to fall off soon. By fall off I mean not being anywhere near City, you'll obviously be competing for top 4, and may even make it comfortably if your lucky streak continues.

Nero

No one will be pushing City hardest. This will be over by February.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Kane is one of the top 2 strikers in World Football???

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
Of course you will..

Stringer

:lol:

For a team with so much supposed talent, you sure do look underwhelming most of the time and were outclassed by the only two decent EPL teams you have faced so far.

ForeverRed1

They look very shaky defensively but difficult to beat, win ugly, win pretty. Getting into a good habit of getting wins however possible.

africanspur

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Bit of a strange one where people think we have a poor attack despite only 2 teams scoring more and poor defensively, despite only 2 teams conceding less.

I don't think Conte really cares about controlling possession or even really zones as such, so it's clear that it's sometimes going to be a bit of a drag watching us and also people are going to come away from games thinking we've played worse than we actually have.

Cases in point yesterday (I've seen and heard how Everton were 'hard done by' despite having literally no shots on target and a significantly inferior xg) or the Chelsea game (horrendous to watch and Chelsea definitely dominated possession but ultimately a very similar xg by the end).

Still fundamentally, while you can never say never, difficult to see it with Man City and Pep in the league.

The turnaround he and Patrici have managed in such a short period though is very impressive.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
We are a very functional team that is hard to break down and very dangerous on the break. I understand why people may not find us the most attractive of teams to watch however I enjoy our games. We are mid way through a squad rebuild and need another couple of transfer windows to address the weaknesses in the team however Conte is working wonders and we are clearly capable of achieving top 4 and we are getting more consistent.

We are having the best ever start to a premier league season without playing particularly well. That is very encouraging and there are signs that our play is improving with the likes of Bissouma starting to get involved more I can see us getting stronger as the season progresses.

Conor

Had an absolutely piss easy start, and failed to beat the only decent teams they've played. Not a hope of them challenging City.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They'll be top 4 but won't be close to winning the league.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
One of the easiest fixture lists out there, drew against Chelsea where they were aided multiple times by the referee and had a horror showing against Arsenal. I wouldn't read much into it. Haven't played any decent side apart from these two but I guess there aren't any left except for City.

Their shite performances will catch up soon with the results.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Had an absolutely piss easy start, and failed to beat the only decent teams they've played. Not a hope of them challenging City.
Considering we beat Brighton away last week who had not lost at home for almost a year I'd say you are talking shite. Big game on Wednesday of course, we rarely get anything from Old Trafford.

TheReligion

Abusive
I think the cancellation of the City game did them a favour as looking at their start it has been fairly straightforward.

Dropped points to Arsenal, Chelsea and West Ham.

TheReligion

Abusive
Considering we beat Brighton away last week who had not lost at home for almost a year I'd say you are talking shite. Big game on Wednesday of course, we rarely get anything from Old Trafford.
Yeah the Brighton result was a good one on paper but you have to accept plenty has changed now there’s no Potter as seen the other evening at Brentford. You caught them at a good time.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
We are a very functional team that is hard to break down and very dangerous on the break. I understand why people may not find us the most attractive of teams to watch however I enjoy our games. We are mid way through a squad rebuild and need another couple of transfer windows to address the weaknesses in the team however Conte is working wonders and we are clearly capable of achieving top 4 and we are getting more consistent.

We are having the best ever start to a premier league season without playing particularly well. That is very encouraging and there are signs that our play is improving with the likes of Bissouma starting to get involved more I can see us getting stronger as the season progresses.
Your always going to be an hard team to break down with conte as manager who plays a back 5/3. Doesn’t conte normally start of well at new clubs before eventually falling of a cliff? He’s given you a clear playing style and made you hard to beat but you’ve been lucky in quite a few games to come away with anything. To have a chance of challenging for the big things your going to have to beat the big teams and I can’t see you doing much of that this season. Got out played by arsenal and was very lucky against Chelsea, I think even west ham should of beat you.

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
Got absolutely battered by Arsenal never mind man city. Think they’ll comfortably finish 3rd though.
Not sure where they go from here though , with the ages of Son and Kane I see this season as their last chance of a title challenge, and they don’t look like they’re aiming for one.

Stringer

You mean the same Brighton that just lost their manager?

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Yeah the Brighton result was a good one on paper but you have to accept plenty has changed now there’s no Potter as seen the other evening at Brentford. You caught them at a good time.
Let's see what happens on Wednesday. Like I said we rarely get anything from Old Trafford so it will be a big test for us. At the end of the day there are no easy games in this league and you have to get results off the 'lesser' clubs to do anything. We are doing this consistently so far.