Can we get a result at Leipzig?

Eddy_JukeZ

Hopefully. It would really suck to bow out to the EL after the great start we had in the group.

Leonzo1

you mean the team we thrashed three weeks ago? yes we can. this team is literally capable of winning against anyone. we're probably the most unpredictable side in Europe. if you woke me from a coma and told me we won 9-0 against Real and lost 13-0 against villa i'll take your word for it. anyway, we need to head to this fixture with caution. play to win but keep it tight and organised and hit them on the counter.

GBBQ

We definitely can win, however RB Leipzig are also playing for their lives and probably want to reclaim a bit of pride after the result in OT so its gonna be a much tougher match.

Maticmaker

Fred and Martial will be desperately hoping so, its probably unfair to do so, but the PSG defeat on Wednesday IMO has to be laid at the door of these two, for obvious reasons; however only Martial will be available on the night to try to make amends.

Ole's admitted his mistake in not subbing Fred at halftime, will he make the right choices against Leipzig? Apart from the obvious need to progress in the CL, a lot is riding on this game, we do not have a good track record when we fail to rectify mistakes at the first time of asking, a strong performance against West Ham is the first step!

Leipzig still have a chance and will come out all guns blazing and we will need everyone to be on their game "United expects this day every player will play his socks off!"

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
We've made it difficult for ourselves with that awful performance in Turkey no doubt as losing to PSG was always a possibility. They can beat anyone on their day.

However if we can't get at least a draw away to Leipzig after already beating them 5-0 then we don't deserve to be in the CL anyway. There's tougher teams left in it than them so it will only get harder from here on in IF we do go through.

I'm confident we will get through. I'm going for a 2-1 win to us. I think our pace will cause them issues like the previous game.

RashyForPM

Tried and trusted 3-5-2 with Donny instead of Matic and Cavani over Martial, and we’ll win. Inconsistent, lopsided 4-2-3-1 with useless atm Martial and Rashford both out of position on the left and right respectively, and we’ll lose. Doesn’t take a genius to see it.

KekiZeki

Of course we will get the result in Leipzig! We are right in the position where we wanted to be, to have this in our own hands in the last game.
PSG match didn't go our way but it was always gonna be tough against last season's finalists.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
not really. I can identify City's advantages in terms of their coach, players etc. What about this team makes you think they will beat us? What have you seen from them?
wellI saw them beat a team from Turkey that we couldn't! And i saw quite bit of them last season after the Budesliga restarted (and Sky showed every game before the PL got back up and running). But all that is irrelevant: I don't need to know much about them; I know lots about us. And nothing gives me any confidence that we can go out there and win given the lack of game plan and tactics that are apparent week in, week out under Ole

Stacks

wellI saw them beat a team from Turkey that we couldn't! And i saw quite bit of them last season after the Budesliga restarted (and Sky showed every game before the PL got back up and running). But all that is irrelevant: I don't need to know much about them; I know lots about us. And nothing gives me any confidence that we can go out there and win given the lack of game plan and tactics that are apparent week in, week out under Ole
Then we rely on individual quality bailing us out as normal

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Good thing that we don't need to win

SATA

I mean even a team like Istanbul can score thrice against them. And now they are without Upamecano at the back although he was quite disastrous at OT in the first game

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
Couldn’t be further from the truth as most of my posts state. Not the man to bring us titles IMO but I never wish is to lose and hope he can prove me wrong.

Just always find it odd anyone hoping we lose for whatever reason, doesn’t make sense.
I support the club against Leipzig because he wouldn't be sacked anyway.

I supported Solskjaer as coach long enough but we are going nowhere with him for various reasons (You think the same) and whatever happens in Leipzig wouldn't bring us to Istanbul therefore i would agree to such a deal (Our squad is not so bad and we would have so much better results + performances under a coach like Pochettino).

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Ole is a dead coach but anyone wishing the team to lose needs their head screwed on, especially in such an important game.

Volumiza

The alright "V", B-Boy cypher cat
I support the club against Leipzig because he wouldn't be sacked anyway.

I supported Solskjaer as coach long enough but we are going nowhere with him for various reasons (You think the same) and whatever happens in Leipzig wouldn't bring us to Istanbul therefore i would agree to such a deal (Our squad is not so bad and we would have so much better results + performances under a coach like Pochettino).
Brave saying the P* word. I only secretly think that word to myself these days.

Roux

They play Bayern away today - will they rest players? Really tough game for them before Tuesday night.

KekiZeki

Ole is a dead coach but anyone wishing the team to lose needs their head screwed on, especially in such an important game.
Calling him a "dead man walking" is hardly beneficial, is it? We're doing great in the league and we got CL knockout stages reach in our hands.
What do people want from Ole?

The Urban Goose

Can we get a result? Yes, I guarantee you that at the end of the match we will have a result. as to what that result is, however...

James Peril

This is the kind of game where I am least concerned about the result. We play a pretty weak team (on paper), without a full crowd and they have to win, which means we will sooner or later have the same room to exploit as in the home game. If they score, and they probably will, we know Ole’s tactics are out the window and the players are free to express themselves. Player for player, and now that Upamecano is out, there are zero Leipzig-players that would make our team.... which is pretty seldom in the Champions League.

No excuses, we should get a result here pretty easily.

Pogue Mahone

The caf's Camus.
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
This is the kind of game where I am least concerned about the result. We play a pretty weak team (on paper), without a full crowd and they have to win, which means we will sooner or later have the same room to exploit as in the home game. If they score, and they probably will, we know Ole’s tactics are out the window and the players are free to express themselves. Player for player, and now that Upamecano is out, there are zero Leipzig-players that would make our team.... which is pretty seldom in the Champions League.

No excuses, we should get a result here pretty easily.
That’s hilarious. You’re so determined to shit on Ole that you’ve engineered a scenario where we’re favourites to win despite having a terrible manager and if we somehow miss this open goal then he’s an even more terrible manager than you think he is.

Win, draw or lose, you still get a chance to claim that the result confirms our manager is shite.

Must be fun supporting the club for you these days. Maybe take a break?

Statue of Limitations

With some recent come from behind victories, and having already beaten RBL 5-0, beaten PSG away (again) I don't think currently it's fair to assess our mentality as weak.

I said in the last match thread that we were lucky to be 1-0 down, but was confident we would win - we are in the mode of punishing teams in this moment.

I find it difficult to imagine us not getting what we need.

Not impossible that we lose of course, but it's the least likely of the 3 results.

markhughes

They will be more worried than us after the thrashing we have them at Old Trafford though I must admit I think we are also under a lot of pressure due to the fact that we are suddenly back in the thick of it.

These nights are what we look forward to and so I’ll try my best to enjoy the game! An early goal would be just the ticket.

troylocker

They are there for the taking. They must win and will leave massive spaces behind them for us to attack if they don't get an early goal.
We need to be on from the first whistle though.

I think we'll win it 3-1

YouOnlyLiveTwice

After looking at the potential line-ups, i think this game favours us more.

They need the win, and we can do our thing on the counter which we are great at. We just need to not crumble in the first 15 mins to their pressing.

Quite confident.

SuperiorXI

They are there for the taking. They must win and will leave massive spaces behind them for us to attack if they don't get an early goal.
We need to be on from the first whistle though.

I think we'll win it 3-1
If they do that it's suicide, they tried that last time and was one of the main reasons they got their sorry asses handed to them.

It would be comical from a coaching POV if they did that.

troylocker

If they do that it's suicide, they tried that last time and was one of the main reasons they got their sorry asses handed to them.

It would be comical from a coaching POV if they did that.
...and they will. We will have to ride out a storm of high pressing and fast direct play out of the blocks first though. If they don't score before us in the first half, Nagelsmann will get schooled again.

pass.pass.pass

After losing a bunch of semi-finals, this should really be make or break for Ole. United simply have to get through tonight, especially given the position we were in after two games. Anything else is unacceptable and should cause heads to roll.

Will we do it? Who can genuinely tell--this is probably one of the most unpredictable teams of the last decade.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
We can and it won't be easy but our strength this seasons our away form. Hopefully we see a strong performance.

Striker10

"Ronaldo and trophies > Manchester United football
After losing a bunch of semi-finals, this should really be make or break for Ole. United simply have to get through tonight, especially given the position we were in after two games. Anything else is unacceptable and should cause heads to roll.

Will we do it? Who can genuinely tell--this is probably one of the most unpredictable teams of the last decade.
I tend to think that's too much hype. Let's say we win tonight but then go out in the next round....or the one after....There's no certainties in life. The semi we lost to Chelsea....man we beat them 3 other times that season .. It's just how it goes. This team don't have much trophy winning experience.

EireRed_GS

If Ole sets us up just 'not to lose' as he has done in a few recent games, I think we will go out.

Best to take the game to them. rattle them early just like last time

pass.pass.pass

I tend to think that's too much hype. Let's say we win tonight but then go out in the next round....or the one after....There's no certainties in life. The semi we lost to Chelsea....man we beat them 3 other times that season .. It's just how it goes. This team don't have much trophy winning experience.
Well, getting to the QF of the CL used to be the bare minimum expected at this club. It would be far more convincing than crashing out at the group stage (and into the EL: shudder!) after having emphatically led the group after two games. Add in the three semi-finals lost last season, it should be categorized for what it is: a series of bottle-jobs at the big stage that would be unacceptable at any other big club.

The idea of there being no certainities in life can be used to justify just about anything..

Crashoutcassius

Well, getting to the QF of the CL used to be the bare minimum expected at this club. It would be far more convincing than crashing out at the group stage (and into the EL: shudder!) after having emphatically led the group after two games. Add in the three semi-finals lost last season, it should be categorized for what it is: a series of bottle-jobs at the big stage that would be unacceptable at any other big club.

The idea of there being no certainities in life can be used to justify just about anything..
Wierd, almost dogmaticly agenda driven, view of reaching three semi finals in your first season

dalriada

Champions League is played over 6 matches, though, not the first two. RBL and PSG have both won three but lost two, yet it won't be make or brake for Tuchel and Nagelsmann . The big mistake was not going all out for a win in Istanbul, as there was always the possibility of losing to PSG, even at home.

It's a difficult one to call - both teams really needing to go out to win, although in our case we can get away with a draw but can't set up with that in mind. Both need to defend well, though, as you can't depend on coming back from behind, and wary of being too attacking but don't want to blunt their attack. Add to that the unpredictability of this season. Genuinely can't tell after the West Ham match, except to say that so long as we have Bruno and Marcus in the starting lineup (I think that's a given) we will take the game to them the way we did in Saturday's second half.

lysglimt

Scout
Well - Leipzig missing Upamecano increases our chances quite a bit