Can we have a real go at Liverpool today?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Their attack is their best weapon, not sure going gung-ho and giving the likes of Mane/Salah space is the right approach.

We can certainly get at them, but we've fallen into the trap of rushing attacks against them in the past and losing the ball too easily.

We need to be able to ride their press and then once into their midfield/defence build from there, and we will make chances.

Build up through Luke Shaw as usual will be key IMO. Salah doesn't like to defend and TAA is a weak spot.

Zhagzi

Yes we could and should. Their defence is weakened and we are in good form going forwards. With the quality we have in Bruno, Pogba, Cavani, Rashford we should be able to do some damage.
He hasn't been much of a threat recently. I'd prefer Greenwood over Rashford with Pogba on the left, Bruno and Cavani in the middle.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Maguire's organisation at the back is a big loss but in their current state we should control this game. I doubt we will really go for them, but i'd be very disappointed if we didn't win.

We need to keep our foot on the gas ahead of the EL final. A string of losses is not good preparation.
We can't really complain at Maguire missing a single game with the ridiculous lineups they've put in at the centre all season.
However, just hope Bailly has one of his looking brilliant games, rather than one of his mad ones.

RUCK4444

This.

Effort is the word.

We have had a lot of joy and success this season in second halfs because the effort and commitment levels have been increased. We know that Liverpool will be up for this game and will try everything to get a result, they need a result otherwise their season is a complete failure.

We need to be on our toes and match their commitment levels right from the start as we easily have the quality to beat them.
Yeah exactly. Effort is the absolute key here, if we start slowly and don’t look like we want the result as much as them it’s a given we will lose.

We have to match them for effort, for every ball and not start slowly. It’s down to the mindset in this one.

I’m hoping the absence of Maguire will mentally push the rest of the team to raise our game.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Lets just beat them. If we do, and they fail to qualify for the CL, it gives us a better chance of having a go at them next year.

Wilt

I‘d love to be wrong but I don’t see Utd winning this

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.
We should have done that at Anfield only. I hope we smash them today.

stu_1992

Their defence is weak, but so is ours with Maguire out. I imagine a lot of our players may have one eye on the final too so I reckon the Liverpool players will be well up for it. We'll miss the red hot atmosphere as well, although that's standard at this point. I still think we should be beating them, but it's not as straightforward as some people may think.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Their defence is weak, but so is ours with Maguire out. I imagine a lot of our players may have one eye on the final too so I reckon the Liverpool players will be well up for it. We'll miss the red hot atmosphere as well, although that's standard at this point. I still think we should be beating them, but it's not as straightforward as some people may think.
It's thirteen days away :lol:

simplyared

Would feel a lot more comfortable with our 'Arry on the pitch. Not sure who's the best option Bailly or Tuanzebe. Think I'd go for Bailly and hope we go all out for the 3pts. I'm confident!

stu_1992

It's thirteen days away :lol:
That doesn't mean they want to go flying into 50/50 tackles and risk getting hurt. They'll all have seen what happened to Maguire and now he's a doubt for the final. Top 4 is wrapped up and everyone iell want to be available for the final. That extra few % of effort we could lose as a result may be a decider.

Nevilles.Wear.Prada

Supports
JDT
Why? They are desperate to win. Be tight at the back and play calm and counter them. Why waste energy when a draw would do just fine, we are playing 4 games within 8 days. Chill.. Let them have a go at our defense and see where it goes.I'm confident. Strange feeling that.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Looks like our fans are having a real go at Liverpool team :lol: