Can we talk about the bans system?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
Hello Mods and Admins,

Just a quick thought I wanted to share with you. I was recently temp banned while using the site, and it wasn’t immediately clear that I couldn’t access the forum for that reason. I was reading a thread, clicked to return to the homepage and got a ‘access denied’ message. At this point I also had some html coding showing above the forum so I was somewhat confused.
I have since inadvertently fallen foul of forum rules again as when I had tried closing my browser, reloading the site and clearing my cache without success I also tried signing up again to see if the forum was working. I had no idea this was against the rules and wouldn’t have done it otherwise - I certainly have no desire to go through the newbie system again!
So to the TLDR: Would it be possible to amend the message screen when you’ve been banned to inform you of such? Or to receive an email notification? Obviously you get a PM but you can’t access that until the ban has expired, which isn’t brilliantly useful.
It would also be good (I think) if you had opportunity to discuss the ban/warning with the mod responsible in certain cases, especially those of misunderstanding.

Charlie Foley

This forum is being bled like a stuffed pig @Plant0x84 , and I got a paper trail to prove it. Check this out, take a look at this.

That right there is the ban system. Now let's talk about the bans. Can we talk about the bans please, @Plant0x84 ? I've been dying to talk about the bans with you all day, okay? @Damien , this name keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day Damien’s ban’s getting sent back to me. Damien, Damien, I look in the inbox, the whole inbox is Damien! So I say to myself I gotta find this guy. I gotta go to his forum , I gotta put his ban system in the guy's goddamn hands! Otherwise he's never gonna change it, it's gonna keep sending me through the newbie system. So I go up to the mod forum and what do I find out, @Plant0x84 , what do I find out? There is no @Damien . The man does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh shit, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Damien, you gotta be kidding me, I got inboxes full of Damien! All right, so I start marching my way down to @Carolina Red in H.R. and I post on his profile and I say, "Caaarol(ina Red), Caaarol(ina Red)! I gotta talk to you about Damien!" And when I click on his account, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn post in that account. There is no Carolina Red in the mod forum. @Plant0x84 , half the posters in this site have been made up. This forum is a goddamn ghost town.

Reactions: Mr Pigeon

Plant0x84

This forum is being bled like a stuffed pig @Plant0x84 , and I got a paper trail to prove it. Check this out, take a look at this.

That right there is the ban system. Now let's talk about the bans. Can we talk about the bans please, @Plant0x84 ? I've been dying to talk about the bans with you all day, okay? @Damien , this name keeps comin' up over and over and over again. Every day Damien’s ban’s getting sent back to me. Damien, Damien, I look in the inbox, the whole inbox is Damien! So I say to myself I gotta find this guy. I gotta go to his forum , I gotta put his ban system in the guy's goddamn hands! Otherwise he's never gonna change it, it's gonna keep sending me through the newbie system. So I go up to the mod forum and what do I find out, @Plant0x84 , what do I find out? There is no @Damien . The man does not exist, okay? So I decided, ohh shit, buddy, I gotta dig a little deeper. There's no Damien, you gotta be kidding me, I got inboxes full of Damien! All right, so I start marching my way down to @Carolina Red in H.R. and I post on his profile and I say, "Caaarol(ina Red), Caaarol(ina Red)! I gotta talk to you about Damien!" And when I click on his account, what do I find? There's not a single goddamn post in that account. There is no Carolina Red in the mod forum. @Plant0x84 , half the posters in this site have been made up. This forum is a goddamn ghost town.
This goes right over my head.

And I guess we can’t talk about the ban system. :wenger:

horsechoker

The Caf's Ezza.

:lol:

DanH

You've cracked it. :)

AngeloHenriquez

Supports
Stevenage

Redcafe don't even offer free health insurance either.... Pointless

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
I’ve asked about what message temped users see as I’m not sure. I’ve also removed the warning for signing up again based on what you’ve said.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
So the message is an issue they're working on apparently. I agree it's not ideal that people don't know they're banned.

Plant0x84

I’ve asked about what message temped users see as I’m not sure. I’ve also removed the warning for signing up again based on what you’ve said.
Wow, thanks very much! I wasn’t expecting that. :)
So the message is an issue they're working on apparently. I agree it's not ideal that people don't know they're banned.
I look forward to seeing this message in the future :nervous: :lol:

Last edited:

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020

Pickle85

Carolina Red

Staff

Raoul

Admin
Staff

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Wow, thanks very much! I wasn’t expecting that. :)

I look forward to seeing this message in the future :nervous: :lol:
However, we also don’t want people signing up the second they get temped or banned. Usually that will result in all your accounts being banned. So. If you do get banned in future take your time out in the manner it’s intended

Plant0x84

However, we also don’t want people signing up the second they get temped or banned. Usually that will result in all your accounts being banned. So. If you do get banned in future take your time out in the manner it’s intended
Obvs, absolutely. If I had known I was banned and for how long I wouldn’t have tried signing up again.
Incidentally I am still seeing the html code above the site - although it is mostly now when not signed in.

nimic

something nice
Scout

Put this thread in the Classic forum only for this post.

Status
Not open for further replies.