Canned crowd noise during Corona - Yay or Nay?

Piratesoup

Supports
Bayern München
Nay, I say. I actually enjoy hearing the players and coaches yell and interact.

RyRoc

Was expecting this to be quite cringing and not enjoyable, boy how wrong was I! For me this is soo much better than nothing or just hearing the managers and touchline talk which just couldn't feel anything more than a training match to me. For those who are skeptical of it - give it a try - whilst not quite the same as a normal matchday experience - it really does improve the coverage of these games for me and makes them feel competetive.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Why don't they get an orchestra and make it like a film?

I played this

while watching this

and let me tell you, it takes football to a different place

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
I think it makes a big difference, I forgot the Bayern game was BCD earlier.

The Boy

Supports
Brighton and Hove Albion
Yay for me, anything to bring it alive a bit more

EDIT I’d also like canned generic chants like the referees a w*nker and you fat b*stard!

SteveW

What's wrong with just watching it for what it is? Football is football. Couldn't give a shite who's surrounding the pitch.

LoSpritz

Anyone seen that Red Dwarf season they did without the canned laughter?
It just wasn’t the same

Josh 76

I was quiet surprised how good it worked at the Bayen game yesterday. Also the large banners of crowd images covering the empty seats was also a great idea.

With no crowds at football for the next year or so, they will have to do something.

Judge Red

Don't Call Me Douglas
What’s the point in playing football matches behind closed doors anymore when the streets look like this?

AndyMUFC

I like it, I can deal without it too but it definitely sounds better. Might as well give people the choice.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
Was sceptical before I sat and watched the Bayern game yesterday. Surprising how effective it was at making it feel like a proper occasion. So many football camera shots actually don’t have the stands in them.

it’s a big yay from me.

crossy1686

career ending
Big yes from me, if you don't look at the stands you can't tell the difference. Hearing the players screaming and shouting just sounds lame. Like watching a film on mute, it's just flat.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
What’s the point in playing football matches behind closed doors anymore when the streets look like this?

You can still prevent further spread by limiting crowds but yeah the rules have been undermined (this happened before these protests).

Ollie Derbyshire

We should definitely use it, I’ve mentioned it before but the canned noise in the NRL sounds really good

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Not a fan of it tbh.

it just doesnt fit with the rhythm of the match and you can tell it’s not authentic.

the singing keeps happening even if a shot happens or there’s a foul or a goal :lol:

maybe to the average viewer it helps but it doesn’t bring anything more to the match itself.

Ollie Derbyshire

Not a fan of it tbh.

it just doesnt fit with the rhythm of the match and you can tell it’s not authentic.

the singing keeps happening even if a shot happens or there’s a foul or a goal :lol:

maybe to the average viewer it helps but it doesn’t bring anything more to the match itself.
I think it’s better than just hearing the benches and players

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Not a fan of it tbh.

Player gets sent off

Home crowd cheers and sings.

It will be fantastic.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think it’s better than just hearing the benches and players
Not for me, that IS football but maybe that's just because I've played it for years as an amateur.

Hearing coaches/players is perfectly normal.

If they could make it feel "real" then I wouldn't mind it but just canned background noise isn't any better than a distraction IMO.

NinjaFletch

Not for me, that IS football but maybe that's just because I've played it for years as an amateur.

If they could make it feel "real" then I wouldn't mind it but just canned background noise isn't any better than a distraction IMO.
Tbh, I was surprised at how reactive it was in the Bayern vs Bayer game. It obviously wasn't a real crowd, but I thought it kept up with the game pretty well.

I liked hearing the players communicate in the Bayern vs Dortmund game, but it gave it the feel of a training match or a pre-season friendly not the title decider it proved to be.

It's imperfect, but I think does add a lot.

Ollie Derbyshire

Enjoy the silence
All about the crowd noise for me guys, our last game confirmed that to me. Nothing more than a training game without it

matherto

ask me about our 50% off sale!
I really, really liked it watching Leverkusen-Bayern tbh.

It makes me feel less aware of why it has to happen.

Think all clubs should do it because empty stadium sounds are awful.

I did the same but I think that's part of why I don't want to watch professionals and hear the same noises. At the end of the the day, it's entertainment and there's more entertainment in hearing crowd noise than there is players and coaches shouting at each other whilst it echoes around an empty ground.

lsd

The Oracle
They should just play vuvuzelas really loudly as that way it will be the same as the World Cup in that everyone will just mute their tvs and watch the game in slience

Robertd0803

I hate when clubs play music when a goal is scored so fake crowd noise? No thanks.