Captaincy

Getsme

Evans would be a controversial appointment, but I can't think of anyone else who is going to be a regular starter for the next few seasons.
Rooney for me should not be an option

RedTillI'mDead

A Key Tool
Januzaj, hardest worker and best player for us this season!
Ok an 18 year old captain is a bit of a joke, but on merit of this season alone it would be hard to argue!

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
It should be Rooney, no matter what all the other hoo haa says. He is the natural leader of this team.

I think it could inspire him to deliver his greatest contribution to our team and in later years be rememebered as his iconic peroid at te club.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Jonny Evans for me. I prefer captains to be either centre backs or centre midfielders. I don't think Rooney deserves it because he has fallen out of love with the club the last few years.

Randall Flagg

Worst of the best
It has to be Rooney if he signs the deal. It would be my 1st choice without a doubt

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
It should be Rooney, no matter what all the other hoo haa says. He is the natural leader of this team.

I think it could inspire him to deliver his greatest contribution to our team and in later years be rememebered as his iconic peroid at te club.
Natural leader in putting in transfer requests you mean?

Fletch claims he's fully fit now, if that's the case he should be club captain.

Steven Seagull

Evans is about as inspiring as a used tea bag and if we bring in a quality centre half he might not be playing as much. The fact that he'll probably have as good a shout as anybody is a bit depressing. If only Rooney wasn't such a tit he'd probably be captain already.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!

A natural leader doesn't repeatedly threaten to leave.

Coxy

Natural leader in putting in transfer requests you mean?

Fletch claims he's fully fit now, if that's the case he should be club captain.
Fully agree with you. I don't know how anyone could consider someone who has tried to leave twice as Captain material.

Kaos

RVP is a great shout. He's a a bit of a cnut too which makes him perfect for it. Fletcher would be great if he can stay fit and healthy.

Giving it to Rooney would be an embarrassment, though knowing Moyes he'll probably make him Director of Football next season.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
re-sign vidic from free and make him captain.

DanNistelrooy

Lineup Prediction & Last Man Standing winner 2017
Evans is about as inspiring as a used tea bag and if we bring in a quality centre half he might not be playing as much. The fact that he'll probably have as good a shout as anybody is a bit depressing. If only Rooney wasn't such a tit he'd probably be captain already.
Disagree. When he plays he is the one organising and barking the orders - a few years ago this wasn't the case though. This sort of thing is only really noticeable when at matches, and I have only been to 4 this season so will happily concede if I am wrong here. He is our most consistent defender for me as well.

Ødegaard

formerly MrEriksen
Scout
Fletcher for me, if he improves a bit more by the end of the season, until then I'm fine with Evra being captain.
Rooney should only be considered if and after a new contract is signed, I'd actually name Van Persie as captain before him and i think giving him captaincy before him signing a new contract could possibly be putting the club in a bad position.

After the season and Evra has left, the vice-captaincy should go to Jones so he can be molded into the role.
Hopefully we can get a top-class leader like Vidal inn who is a nailed starter, a leader and who has committed to the club by a long-term contract, but I'd have Fletcher if not.

Siorac

RVP is a great shout. He's a a bit of a cnut too which makes him perfect for it. Fletcher would be great if he can stay fit and healthy.

Giving it to Rooney would be an embarrassment, though knowing Moyes he'll probably make him Director of Football next season.
Van Persie isn't a great shout at all. This is only his second season here, with rumours persisting that he doesn't like to work with Moyes and he might be looking to leave.

Just because someone is a world-class footballer he shouldn't be made captain. That's not how it works.

westlife4ever

Fletch should be club captain. When he's not playing I suspect Moyes would give the armband to Rooney. I'd prefer Jones though.

Sixpence

Erroneously Promoted
Think you have to give it Rooney, he is a leader but is prone to ridiculously losing his head. He's always been fine when he's been the captain though so maybe it'll change him. Can't see any new signing coming in and immediately being the captain. Would also say Jones and RVP as the vice captains below that.

Ryan's Beard

Probably doesn't have a career as a comedian
It's going to be Rooney realistically, isn't it.

Is anyone else even leader material? Fletcher I guess but is he going to be playing enough?

Mystry

Friendship is magic
If Fletcher looks like he could get to a standard where he could be playing regularly, and to be fair compared to our other options it is looking likely, then he would be a great captain. But the next best choice is Rooney, considering how long he's been here and how important he is to the team. He sorts out the contract situation and he is guaranteed the armband.

LR7

Van Persie.

Although imagine Captain Rafael. :drool:
:drool:
I love Rafa.
Making him captain seems like a slightly crazy, left field idea atm but last season I think it was after the win at Fulham, Jonny Evans after the game said how seeing Rafael next to him playing the way he does drives him and the rest of the team on to push even harder, because he gives everything. I think he will grow to become a good leader on and off the pitch.

Evans, RvP, Fletcher for me.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
I think if Rafael got it, he would literally come out wearing a cape and underpants outside his shorts.

I'd actually love him to get it, he seems passionate in every game he plays. He never seems like he can't be bothered. Unlike most.

Crackers

greasy ginfers
"Weak Moyes shows United are on the Wayne by making Roo Captain" (F365)
"Moyes' show of strength as wonderboy Wayne takes Captaincy" (Talksport)
"Topless Moyes makes Skippy Captain" (Star)
"Irish thug takes £400k p.w. top job at prestigious English Institution" (Mail)
:lol:

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
When was the last time we had a captain who was first pick on the team sheet? Even when Vidic got the armband, he was in and out of the side with injuries and being rested now and then because his fitness was a concern. During Vidic's captaincy, I think Evra led the team out way more times.

I'd quite like it to be Rooney, because he will pretty much always play when fit, and he's arguably our most influential player. Even when he plays poorly, he's still giving everything and trying to drive us forward from midfield, as we lack anyone else in midfield who can do that.

mic.m

likes to be nude when popping out baked brownies
Rafael would be my choice followed by De Gea. It'll probably go to Rooney if he signs a new contract. One player people are over looking is Antonio Valencia. He has featured a lot under Moyes. He's probably behind only De Gea in appearances this term. I wouldn't be surprised if he got at least the vice captaincy.

OnlyTwoDaSilvas

Gullible
Rafael would be my choice followed by De Gea. It'll probably go to Rooney if he signs a new contract. One player people are over looking is Antonio Valencia. He has featured a lot under Moyes. He's probably behind only De Gea in appearances this term. I wouldn't be surprised if he got at least the vice captaincy.
He can barely speak English, can he? Which is odd, considering how long he's lived in England.

He probably practices using his left foot more than speaking English.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
It'd be quite funny to see how the media would react to RVP being captain after the way they fried up Moyes' comments regarding RVP and Rooney this summer, twisting it to meaning Rooney was second choice or something.

But it's a serious situation now. We haven't really had a club captain leading the team on the pitch consistently for too long now. Swapping between Evra, Giggs and occasionally Carrick Fletcher and Rooney for the last 3 or 4 seasons has probably contributed to the lack of a genuine leader.

If it's going to be Rooney, I hope the contract is signed way before the decision on the captaincy is made. Otherwise it's just done for the wrong reasons.