via text:

Bebe: you smell that fart?
Obertain: Yeh feckin' stinks.

Giggs: (was that me?)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout

Bebé and Obertan hang their heads in shame at Sir Alex's decision
to select Mr & Mrs Charlton as today's subs.

Chrisjn

Still find it unbelievable Obertan has his headphones on. Terrible impression to make to both the fans and the manager.

He needs a fecking good kick up the arse, although that would probably do him no good given his mentallity.

Switch your fecking phone off and keep your eye on the game.

Xander45

Know-It-All Champion May 2009
Still find it unbelievable Obertan has his headphones on. Terrible impression to make to both the fans and the manager.

He needs a fecking good kick up the arse, although that would probably do him no good given his mentallity.

Switch your fecking phone off and keep your eye on the game.
That's the main thing that annoyed me, why on earth does he need to have those headphones on? Bebe's only looking at his phone which is nowhere near as bad.

December_16

It looks like Obertan had enough of pensioners' talks from Sir Bobby and Sir Ryan in the first half, so he decided feck it, I'm whipping out my noise-cancelling headphones.

Leg-end.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
That's the main thing that annoyed me, why on earth does he need to have those headphones on? Bebe's only looking at his phone which is nowhere near as bad.
Agreed.

That really is a case of a picture speaking a thousand words. The two youngsters there messing around on their phones/headphones, while the legend of Giggs sits between them completely focused on the game.

Maybe a little harsh on Bebe, he could be just having a quick text and he spent the rest of the game showing as much attention as Giggsy. But Obertan and his headphones? fecking ridiculous.

beardsleybob

I was always neutral when it comes ot Obertan. He's not performing but I stuck to the argument of yung n lernin. But this shit has turned me off him altogether.
Where's that enthusiasm that Ole had when he'd analyse the game off the bench? I know he hasn't trained either of these players for too long (if he trained Bebe at all) but its a sound practise when you're on the bench. You'd think they'd copy Giggs since he is the most successful player we've ever had

Ignorance

Aaron

Every thought they might be listening to 'game-time' music?

You know the way players do in the dressing room before the game and in the bus driving to the game and in the hotel before they leave for the game and in the bath before they get ready to leave for the game?

But lets not get in the way of a tongue clucking. He's probably listening to the tracks Evra downloaded for him, the same ones Evra himself would have been listening to as part of his mental preparation for the game.

Silly players, should sit quietly before the match preparing for the game like Keane and Cantona used to do back in the 90s before music was invented.

BaldwinLegend

It is bad when you display the decision making abilities he has since moving here.

Bebe needs to watch every minute he can get of United playing and work out what's needed.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's really immature from Obertan (Bebe is not that bad).The likes of Giggs are focused 100% on following the match and he just sits like with his spastic headphones.
Obviously it was just a few seconds but that moment was so symbolic of his problems since his younger years, immaturity

Aaron

I hate to think if there ever was a photo of Sir Alex changing over chewing gum

'He's lost it, how disrespectful, should be focusing on the game, he's too old now, he's taken his eye off the ball...sell Rooney the fat wanker!!"

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Every thought they might be listening to 'game-time' music?

You know the way players do in the dressing room before the game and in the bus driving to the game and in the hotel before they leave for the game and in the bath before they get ready to leave for the game?
I actually thought of that then realised that they weren't even on the bench so it's not like they had to 'get in the zone' to be ready to come on. If Obertan was going to come on soon I actually wouldn't have had any problem with it as I'd assume he was listening to whatever music he finds inspires him to perform.

Galactic

Incorrigible pest
I saw this clip. Giggs actually had a cheeky peek at Bebe's phone a few moments later. He actually looked kinda pissed off with them with all their mobile textings while the game is running.

Commadus

Giggs still showing interest even after all he has achieved whilst bebe and Obertan look disinterested after achieving nothing in the game so far.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Does no one else listen to music and not the commentary when watching football ? I know I certainly do. Helps me concentrate more. For all we know Obertan is selecting a song and then has his eyes fixed again.

Some people on this board need a good slap.

Cutch

Northern Ireland. Stretty W3102, Row 2, Seat 129
Ridiculously over the top reaction from some in this thread. IIRC the only reason the camera is focussing on them is cos there was a break in play, so they've probably just used it to text the bird to make sure the dinners on. Their eyes could have been totally fixed on the game for the rest of it.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Obertan could at least get some discrete headphone, those big ass things he was wearing are ridiculous, unless your a DJ you have no need for them.
Those "dr dre headphones" are trendy among french footballers.A huge percentage of them wear them regularly

redpie

Wing Play for Dummies by Dr. Ryan Giggs BA Hons. It does what it says on the tin.
Mrs Bob - For feck's sake Rooney you lazy pudding!"
Sir Bob - MMM!.....pudding!