g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Carabao Cup 2022/23

Munkehboi

At least its a home game for us!

Everyone moaning about City and Chelsea before the draw started and they have been drawn against each other:lol:

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
We play Villa away the weekend before too. Played them in consecutive games league and cup last year too.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Could have been worse considering the scouse cnut drawing the balls was always going to give us another PL side

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Will be on the Wednesday or Thursday as we are in the Europa League the Thursday before, so will play our league game (also against Villa) on the Sunday or Monday. Bet we have never player the same side twice in one midweek for a long time, if ever.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Utd vs Villa is the most 3rd round draw imaginable.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Will be on the Wednesday or Thursday as we are in the Europa League the Thursday before, so will play our league game (also against Villa) on the Sunday or Monday. Bet we have never player the same side twice in one midweek for a long time, if ever.
Feels like it happened multiple times with Wolves recently.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Everyone moaning about City and Chelsea before the draw started and they have been drawn against each other:lol:
No more back handers from Abramovich getting Chelsea easy draws

You love to see it

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Wrong bunch of Cockneys - would have much preferred our usual cup victims Arsenal - still a cup tie at the World Famous City Ground - Come on then Conte!

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Feels like it happened multiple times with Wolves recently.
Twice in the same midweek? Monday and Thursday? That’s the prospect here. Will probably be Sunday and Wednesday though.

Fr. Todd Unctious

Did we not play West Ham or someone else back to back last season (or very recently) or were those games broken up by another game

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Well, that's City and Chelsea's bad cup draw used up for this century then.
Yeah and their fans will remind everyone for the next 20 years how they once played each other so early in the League Cup.

CloneMC16

City actually got a hard game before the semis? Is this real life?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Will also be the last game at Old Trafford before World Cup.

Sun 30th Oct v West Ham (Prem)

Weds 9th or Thurs 10th Nov v Villa (Carabao)

then no home game until:

Tues 20th or Weds 21st Dec (possible home tie in next round of Carabao)

or 26th December v Forest (Prem).

9th November to 26th December with no home games is going to be weird.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
At least City or Chelsea whoever gets KO’d won’t have to worry about congested fixtures.

Chairman Steve

Chelsea are missing Roman’s draw ball warming payoffs. Gone from playing the local parish team in the initial round to City :p

Beans

Supports
Neutral
We're already struggling for players who can play the way ETH wants, I wonder if he’ll go with youth who can tiki taka or play the collection of outcasts (Jones, AWB) with the backups (Lindelof, Shaw, Maguire).

babablue

Decent opportunity for United to give a run out to the likes of Henderson, Bailly,Mata, Cavani, Lingard, Matic, Pogba, Telles. Oh wait...
You just gave me a flashback of some seriously tumescent football under Ole.

GuybrushThreepwood

Supports
Blackburn Rovers
I went to our game against Bradford on Tuesday, and all things considered I thought we played very well. I was impressed with how slick Dack and the numerous graduates from our academy and U23 team around him looked. It was also a welcome relief after those back to back 3-0 defeats and incredibly poor performances (which brought us crashing down to earth).

I've said for a while that we basically have a mid-table Championship standard first team, and a Premier League standard youth academy / set-up. So when our first team players have been struggling, I've always wanted more of the young-guns to be given a chance in the first team, as firstly it's not exactly a huge risk of the regular starters are not performing anyway, and secondly the drop-off is relatively low compared to that at many other clubs.

All things considered, I think that our youth set-up is very impressive, especially given the fact that we are based in the North West, where are a huge number of professional clubs including several world famous giants in close proximity to each other.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
How have they managed to put all the shite games on the same evening?