Carabao Cup 2022/23

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So now Karius is going to ruin another weekend by giving united a trophy after a decade of being in the wilderness. This 5 years on after the disaster against RM is just bizzare to say the least.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So now Karius is going to ruin another weekend by giving united a trophy after a decade of being in the wilderness. This 5 years on after the disaster against RM is just bizzare to say the least.
And he's porking Diletta Leotta, so he's the real winner anyways

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
And he's porking Diletta Leotta, so he's the real winner anyways
Yes for someone who was down and out, he is in a final at Wembley and with a prize and a chance to either a: redeem himself by beating united or b: get the ultimate revenge on Klopp. Let’s hope it’s a although unlikely.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Karius. I’m going shopping now. Feck this

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That Modric, Kroos and Casemiro midfield might just be one of the best of all time.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
And people seriously thought he wasn't one of the very best DM of all time :lol:

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
That Modric, Kroos and Casemiro midfield might just be one of the best of all time.
Arguably similar to Ronaldo/Benzema. They have/had so many top players at the same time that they don’t even really know how special they are until they become the main men in their own right.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This has gone exactly as expected. Newcastle with lots of pressure but not testing De Gea much at all.

United soaking up that pressure and taking their moments when they come.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Newcastle are wearing shorts 2 sizes too small. Why????

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Arguably similar to Ronaldo/Benzema. They have/had so many top players at the same time that they don’t even really know how special they are until they become the main men in their own right.
We knew how special they were just fine, thank you. No need to see them elsewhere. The only one we might have underestimated was Benzema

Maluco

We knew how special they were just fine, thank you. No need to see them elsewhere. The only one we might have underestimated was Benzema
You can say “We” as much as you want, but your fans consistently booing world class players tells its own story. I am sure Casemiro loved his legendary time at Madrid, but I am sure he is equally enjoying the adoration he is receiving now as the main man at a club like United.

Pretty sure I saw quite a lot of you posting pretty nonchalantly about losing him at the time. So I don’t buy it.

You can speak for yourself, but the Real fans and appreciation aren’t too words that go together.

RVN1991

I can't remember the last time I have loved a footballer as much as I love Casemiro. My god what a fecking man. Bet he's got a massive hog as well.

JTRI

Sky were desperately hoping for the plucky Newcastle underdog story, operating on a shoestring budget, overcoming all the odds. Bellends.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
You can say “We” as much as you want, but your fans consistently booing world class players tells its own story. I am sure Casemiro loved his legendary time at Madrid, but I am sure he is equally enjoying the adoration he is receiving now as the main man at a club like United.

Pretty sure I saw quite a lot of you posting pretty nonchalantly about losing him at the time. So I don’t buy it.

You can speak for yourself, but the Real fans and appreciation aren’t too words that go together.
Yeah this is bs. For one thing Casemiro was never booed, and the whole "booing world class players" bit is overblown. That stuff happens rarely and always as a result of a perceived lack of effort or too much ego. For another we weren't nonchalant about him leaving, we were accepting, because it's what he wanted. Real Madrid fans would tell you the Case-Kroos-Modric midfield was the best in history, and have been saying so since 2017

Maluco

Yeah this is bs. For one thing Casemiro was never booed, and the whole "booing world class players" bit is overblown. That stuff happens rarely and always as a result of a perceived lack of effort or too much ego. For another we weren't nonchalant about him leaving, we were accepting, because it's what he wanted. Real Madrid fans would tell you the Case-Kroos-Modric midfield was the best in history, and have been saying so since 2017
I would say there are certainly a portion who believe this, and you might well be included in this portion, but I saw a fair share of posts/tweets playing down his exit and being particularly arrogant about his perceived importance. It’s definitely not bs.

I don’t really think it’s overblown either. He wasn’t booed, but his importance was certainly played down. And you can’t deny that certain players, who would be legends for other clubs, have been mistreated by the Real fanbase over the years.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So, united are on track for the same treble Liverpool achieved in 2001 and I believe they will get it. The manager being ruthless with Maguire and Ronaldo, the addition of Casemiro, the form of Rashford, and winning this trophy has set the team up for more success this season imo and probably has put all the misery in the last 8 years in the rear view mirror. Liverpool we’re in the same position 5/6 years ago but with the difference being City on the ascent or top dogs the whole time . Hate to say it but I think City and Liverpool have maxed out for the time being and now is probably the time in the next two seasons that might just see united grab a title unlikely as that sounded 12 months ago. So fair efn play to united.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Interesting how everyone talks down the Carabao Cup, but the winners have mostly been big sides over the previous 20 years. In 16 of the last 20 seasons the winners have been one of Liverpool, United, City or Chelsea.

FlawlessThaw

most 'know it all' poster
Interesting how everyone talks down the Carabao Cup, but the winners have mostly been big sides over the previous 20 years. In 16 of the last 20 seasons the winners have been one of Liverpool, United, City or Chelsea.
I think it really benefits from being decided early on so it avoids be de-prioritised as the business end of the league and europe heats up.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I think it really benefits from being decided early on so it avoids be de-prioritised as the business end of the league and europe heats up.
Possibly. I think the top managers know how important creating a winning mentality is, and use the Carabao Cup for that exact purpose.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
It's been derided mostly (depending on who wins it of course)

The sensible take is that it's a trophy that should be celebrated/acknowledged

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
It's been derided mostly (depending on who wins it of course)

The sensible take is that it's a trophy that should be celebrated/acknowledged
Yes how many times do you hear supporters play down the League, Fa, or Europa Cup when they don’t win it, but when their team wins it the trophy now means something as it should. Teams and managers are in the business of winning awards and winning the League Cup is an award that still means something especially for a team that has gone through a bad time and wants to be back at the top.

BSSM

I can't remember the last time I have loved a footballer as much as I love Casemiro. My god what a fecking man. Bet he's got a massive hog as well.
Couldn't agree more the man's amazing