Carabao Cup 2022/23

Judas

Open to offers
Much rather have got Newcastle in the semi final, peoples reasoning against it was laughably short sighted. Oh well, it'll be a difficult game if we get there, as much due to timing than the opposition, who are just ugly.

RkkMan

Much rather have got Newcastle in the semi final, peoples reasoning against it was laughably short sighted. Oh well, it'll be a difficult game if we get there, as much due to timing than the opposition, who are just ugly.
Newcastle over a two legged tie is harder than a one off game

RkkMan

Nope. I just don't agree even a little bit. You'll see why when we have an extremely frustrating and ugly final against them. Playing that sort of team in a one off is a horrible time.
Martinez(with Ajax), Varane, Shaw(England), Casemiro, Antony(Ajax), Rashford all have much better experience in cup finals than Newcastle's players of whom the pressure might get into their heads as it's the club's first final in 24yrs. Ten Hag also has MUCH bigger experience in finals and knock out ties than Howe
And there's still seasoned pros like Sabitzer(Winning experience with Bayern) and Bruno who can cause Newcastle problems on their day
Not saying anything on De Gea as I don't know which version will turn up but all the others have mentioned as a collective have the mentality to handle Newcastle's antics

RkkMan

Still fully think we'd have dispatched them with ease over two legs and then have an easier final.
Not really
They gave us an extremely hard time at Old Trafford in the PL (which would have probably happened again in the Cup)and it would have been very very difficult to beat them at their stadium which is virtually a fortress this season
A one off high pressure game at Wembley they have little to no experience in is an easier place to beat them

Judas

Open to offers
Not really
They gave us an extremely hard time at Old Trafford in the PL (which would have probably happened again in the Cup)and it would have been very very difficult to beat them at their stadium which is virtually a fortress this season
A one off high pressure game at Wembley they have little to no experience in is an easier place to beat them
We should have beaten them at home, and we hadn’t really started playing well then. Ronaldo was still playing for us!

RkkMan

We should have beaten them at home, and we hadn’t really started playing well then. Ronaldo was still playing for us!
We should/could have but we didn't. Arsenal had a similar sentiment when they were forced to a 0-0 draw at The Emirates.
Ronaldo was a drawback of course but point still stands that Newcastle are a hard team to beat.
I still stand by my point that it'll be easier beating them in a final where stakes are high than a two legged tie with little to no pressure where they can successfully completely sit back and frustrate the hell out of us

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We're pretty much in the final and we've got posters moaning that our road to Wembley should've been harder. God some of you have miserable existences.

Judas

Open to offers
We're pretty much in the final and we've got posters moaning that our road to Wembley should've been harder. God some of you have miserable existences.
I wanted a triple threat hell in a cell match in the semi, just because you hate a challenge doesn’t mean we all do.

Prodigy24

I'm reading today that Bruno G will not be suspended for the final, as he'll be suspended for the next three league games instead. Is that true? Getting sent off in a semi final and still get to play in the final makes no sense at all.

Judas

Open to offers
I'm reading today that Bruno G will not be suspended for the final, as he'll be suspended for the next three league games instead. Is that true? Getting sent off in a semi final and still get to play in the final makes no sense at all.
Surely that’s wrong? Seeing as league suspensions don’t carry over into cup comps anymore surely it’s the same the other way around.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Surely that’s wrong? Seeing as league suspensions don’t carry over into cup comps anymore surely it’s the same the other way around.
Apparently the rules are it is across all domestic competitions. Silly.

IncyWincySpider

The last time they won anything the world was still in black and white and seeing a jet aircraft was a novelty people talked about for weeks. They're rubbish and we're going to beat them.

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Oh man. I actually would prefer it if Newcastle won the damn thing, it would only improve the EPL and make the league more exciting.

But then another part of me is thinking we need to beat them now because they are going to be fierce competitors, if they aren't already.

Santos J

Yellow suspensions are competition specific, reds aren't

Judas

Open to offers
Oh man. I actually would prefer it if Newcastle won the damn thing, it would only improve the EPL and make the league more exciting.

But then another part of me is thinking we need to beat them now because they are going to be fierce competitors, if they aren't already.
Who do you support?

Ten Lasso

Can we all give our heads a wobble and not be terrified of these Geordie sport washing twats please?

The way some of you are going on, you'd swear we were playing Real Madrid of the last few years. At home, they scraped past Palace on penalties, squeezed past Bournemouth and Southampton had enough big chances over the two legs to do some real damage, they're shit.

I get the unbearable scenes if these wankers win a cup, but we have all the tools. Varane and Case and won it all on the biggest stage, Martinez and Antony are serial winners under ETH, and Rashford has won silverware.

I'm sure the shithousery on show from Newcastle throughout the final will be impressive, but let's not be dreading it. If we can hold the team together with this ridiculous fixture congestion we'll the fine.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.

:lol:

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
Anyone else kinda want City to get to 20 league titles just to jazz the rivalry up a little bit?

Ten Lasso

Would be poetic justice if Sabitzer scores a belting winner in the final in the absence of Eriksen caused by that fecking thug.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I disagree but it's moot because Martial is broken and won't be playing on any kind of regular basis until he gets shown the door in the summer
That’s fine but the manager clearly thinks highly of him which is what matters. He keeps talking about how we are better with him in the side so it’s safe to say that even he would prefer to play Martial over Wout in the final.

croadyman

IF I had known we would play such strong teams against Forest then in hindsight it would have been better to play Newcastle over two legs

RoyKeaneReborn

I don't mean to be a wet blanket, lads. But I saw Rashy limping to his car at the OT carpark after the Barca game 3 nights ago...Really surprised to see him start here, but guess we don't have much forward options without him. Just touch wood and hope he doesn't aggravate anything with this game.

The Mitcher

connoisseur of pot noodles and sandwiches
Presses a lot but useless apart from that.

Elanga also put in a shift, but he doesn't start despite being able score a goal and having pace. I know neither are particularly good, but we have better than Weghorst.