Carabao Cup 2022/23

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins
If he got 2 yellows he would have missed the final
Nope. The only way to miss the final would have been an accumulation of yellow cards in the competition itself. Two yellow cards would have been a suspension in the next league game.

EtH

Nope. The only way to miss the final would have been an accumulation of yellow cards in the competition itself. Two yellow cards would have been a suspension in the next league game.
What convoluted nonsense that is.

Fts 74

Ffs reading some comments in here we've got no chance in the final, they ain't great swear it's prime Barca we'd be facing.

FujiVice

Varane, Martinez, Shaw, Casemiro, Bruno, Rashford ... they'll shit this Newcastle side up. You cant roll around for the full 90 minutes.

L. Robert

Supports
Newcastle
I would rather play Newcastle than Southampton.. Saints would have a go whereas if we can break Newcastle down I think we will be good. Also that goalless draw we had against them we had matey boy up front stinking the place out.. you know the one who plays in the Saudi leagues now.
Alright mate, good luck in the final!

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
we need one of their games to get postponed some how

the_box

Supports
Newcastle United
Media will be desperate for toon to win the final
Seen too many posts like this. Is this a bit/joke or are people really seriously concocting a non-existent media preference just to have something to grouse about?

littlepeasoup

No chance. They have been starved of a trophy before most of us were born
Not saying the fans wouldn't want it. But I bet if the owners were offered either a Champions League place next season or the Carabao Cup, I think they'd absolutely take the former. Still a chance they get both, mind.

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
Not saying the fans wouldn't want it. But I bet if the owners were offered either a Champions League place next season or the Carabao Cup, I think they'd absolutely take the former. Still a chance they get both, mind.
Nah, you don’t understand how much that club want a cup. owners and fans if they had to choose would pick the trophy this season

RedDevilQuebecois

Maybe the King will die
Fixed. Less of Charles III, please.

Seriously though, I wish that the rule on red cards was also changed alongside yellow cards when it comes to being competition-specific. Guimares has no business being in the final after that horror tackle.

Fts 74

We could be playing Gillingham in the final and you'd get loads on here panicking and predicting doom
It'll be a tough final, as finals generally are but we have more than enough to win it.

All on the day I suppose,but I'm pretty sure Newcastle would rather face Forest than us.

BlueHaze

Incredibly annoying how all top teams are out the competition and out of all teams it's those newcastle cnuts we have to play in a final... Honestly we have got to win it now as simple as that a loss against them cnuts in a final would be very hard to take..

colombianmancunian

We can beat Newcastle, and we are favorites. I don’t understand the doom and gloom narrative of some people. Trophy here we go!

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
The only team that matters
I just don't get it either. This is fecking bullshit.

That thundercnut Guimarães should be nowhere near the final after that horrible tackle.
It's been the rule for several years, yellow card accumulation bans only occur in the competition they happen in, so PL booking have no relevance in either cups and vice versa, red cards apply to all competions irrespective of where they are given

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
We are definitely better than Newcastle. Only issues for us are Eriksen’s absence and hence a weaker midfield and of course having to play Wout instead of Martial. That could make it more even.

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
We are definitely better than Newcastle. Only issues for us are Eriksen’s absence and hence a weaker midfield and of course having to play Wout instead of Martial. That could make it more even.
Playing Wout over Martial is a big upside!

TheReligion

Abusive
Is Martial confirmed as missing the cup final? If we get there that is

Red in STL

Turnover not takeover
Supports
Yeah sure. I wouldn’t ask otherwise.

EtH said Martial and Sancho were back in the squad for the Forest game so was unsure why @amolbhatia50k suggested he’d miss a potential final.
Well given his track record he'll probably be injured again by the time it comes round

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Maybe the Queen will die again
This is partly why we're playing Barcelona by the way. The mood of our players and the crowd were completely thrown. Then add that shitty penalty decision. So please, don't want the queen to redie.