Carabao Cup semifinals

Canagel

How did Burton get to the semi final? Sorry I haven't been following the carabao cup..

GeorgieBoy

This has to be one of the most dull semi-final cup games ever.
No atmosphere and ground half empty. Not even having a go at City would be like this at Old Trafford too.

padr81

Supports
Man City
bit of a nothing game... Looks like we're taking it easy and still winning comfortably. I suppose at least its minutes for the two academy players. Boring as hell.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
The M6 is never exactly a peach midweek at the best of times!

Read about the "Incident" and apparently a guy had a lorry full of illegal immigrants.

How has that shut a whole motorway down for hours? Bizarre.

Must have been one hell of a delay to stop Burton getting there, as they can only be 80miles away and surely would have set off at say 4pm for an 8pm kick off.

The Will Gordon Show

Supports
Undisclosed
How did Burton get to the semi final? Sorry I haven't been following the carabao cup..
First Round - Shrewsbury 1 x 2 Burton
Second Round - Burton 1 x 0 Aston Villa
Third Round - Burton 2 x 1 Burnley
Fourth Round - Burton 3 x 2 Nottingham Forest
Quarter-Finals - Middlesbrough 0 x 1 Burton

J_XO

This has to be one of the most dull semi-final cup games ever.
No atmosphere and ground half empty. Not even having a go at City would be like this at Old Trafford too.
I'd disagree, atmosphere at OT has had a bump since Ole came in. 4-0 up at half time in a semi final would go down pretty well with us right now.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Predictable schooling, if it was one leg maybe some hope of Burton scraping through on pens or whatever. Two legs is just silly. 1/100k on odds on City winning tonight now from one bookie :lol:.

SqueakyWeasel

The M6 is never exactly a peach midweek at the best of times!

Read about the "Incident" and apparently a guy had a lorry full of illegal immigrants.

How has that shut a whole motorway down for hours? Bizarre.

Must have been one hell of a delay to stop Burton getting there, as they can only be 80miles away and surely would have set off at say 4pm for an 8pm kick off.
That was not verified (except by the Express and the Mail) and was earlier today near Stoke or somewhere

This is to do with an overturned van near Knutsford

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That was not verified (except by the Express and the Mail) and was earlier today near Stoke or somewhere

This is to do with an overturned van near Knutsford
That sounds more like it. It'd have to be quite a bad accident to shut a motorway for hours.

Everytime I drive up there and see the 50 zones on a good day, and the signs about smart motorways being ready years and years in the distance it really is demoralising.
Not so bad on the way back down, as the post game traffic naturally slows it down anyway.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Beat Burnley, us (Villa), Forest and Boro in their run so they've done well although obviously nothing close to City's level in that.

SqueakyWeasel

That sounds more like it. It'd have to be quite a bad accident to shut a motorway for hours.

Everytime I drive up there and see the 50 zones on a good day, and the signs about smart motorways being ready years and years in the distance it really is demoralising.
Not so bad on the way back down, as the post game traffic naturally slows it down anyway.
Yeah, "smart" motorways :confused: Not convinced they do anything more than generate more revenue from speeding fines. Mostly from people who are responsible drivers. Yet to see anything that says they reduce congestion.

Got to contend with the M20 conversion on Saturday when I come over for Sunday's game!

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Thinking about it, didn't Man. City beat West Ham 6-0 in this competition a few years ago? That was much worse with them being established prem side.

Stick any league one team v this City and it would be close to double figures. Heck Walsall conceded 5 to Bolton at the weekend. :lol:

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Foden is on for everyone concerned about his welfare tonight. ;)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thinking about it, didn't Man. City beat West Ham 6-0 in this competition a few years ago? That was much worse with them being established prem side.

Stick any league one team v this City and it would be close to double figures. Heck Walsall conceded 5 to Bolton at the weekend. :lol:
Didn't that finish something like 12-1 on aggregate to City?

Canagel

First Round - Shrewsbury 1 x 2 Burton
Second Round - Burton 1 x 0 Aston Villa
Third Round - Burton 2 x 1 Burnley
Fourth Round - Burton 3 x 2 Nottingham Forest
Quarter-Finals - Middlesbrough 0 x 1 Burton
Beat Burnley, us (Villa), Forest and Boro in their run so they've done well although obviously nothing close to City's level in that.
I thought they might have beaten another PL team but still very strange they got to this point.

Smores

Yeah, "smart" motorways :confused: Not convinced they do anything more than generate more revenue from speeding fines. Mostly from people who are responsible drivers. Yet to see anything that says they reduce congestion.

Got to contend with the M20 conversion on Saturday when I come over for Sunday's game!
It's not to reduce congestion its to cope with it, less speed equals less random tailbacks from people breaking hard

Smores

I only turned this on as Foden came on, can they really not even give more than 30mins to their one kid against Burton

padr81

Supports
Man City
Silva misses and absolute sitter for 7-0.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I only turned this on as Foden came on, can they really not even give more than 30mins to their one kid against Burton
That wouldn't look quite so bad if 2 kids weren't playing at GK and CB for the entire game and Foden hadn't played a full 90 minutes on Sunday.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Maybe they've used up all of their goals for the rest of the season...maybe.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Going to get 10 here at this rate. Burton have been an absolute joke. Even with much inferior players they've made it far too easy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach

I thought I read somewhere that they can actually change directions of lanes potentially. That surely is unworkable on motorways?! Unless you have a completely separated middle section with barriers either side, that there just isn't room or budgets for.

Sometimes on the motorway when there's work, there's large gaps in the cones in a lane for a service work lane, and I've always thought someone could easily not be concentrating and end up driving down there,ánd having a right old mission to get back on the motorway!

Also it's a dodgy enough idea that you lose the hard shoulder at times.

Otherwise, yes, if the only thing that "smart" means, is that you get signs saying "go slower" then we have enough of that already!!

ps the actual game? WOW, 7-0!! With 24mins left!

At least when my boys Wycombe got to the league cup semi v Chelsea we kept it 1-1 after the home leg, before going down 4-0.

Imagine going to the second leg of this game? It''ll barely be the squad players out!

DavidDeSchmikes

Gary Flintoff

BBC Radio 5 live reporter at Etihad Stafium

Very interesting body language from Kevin de Bruyne after he was substituted. The Belgian went straight down the tunnel and did not look particularly happy. There was no warm embrace from his manager. In fact, there was no acknowledgment at all from Pep Guardiola.