Carabao Cup semifinals

Chairman Steve

He should chuck on Sterling to get a goal, then for a laugh use the Poch defence of 'I wanted these lower league peons to see greatness!'

SqueakyWeasel

I thought I read somewhere that they can actually change directions of lanes potentially. That surely is unworkable on motorways?! Unless you have a completely separated middle section with barriers either side, that there just isn't room or budgets for.

Sometimes on the motorway when there's work, there's large gaps in the cones in a lane for a service work lane, and I've always thought someone could easily not be concentrating and end up driving down there,ánd having a right old mission to get back on the motorway!

Also it's a dodgy enough idea that you lose the hard shoulder at times.

Otherwise, yes, if the only thing that "smart" means, is that you get signs saying "go slower" then we have enough of that already!!

ps the actual game? WOW, 7-0!! With 24mins left!

At least when my boys Wycombe got to the league cup semi v Chelsea we kept it 1-1 after the home leg, before going down 4-0.

Imagine going to the second leg of this game? It''ll barely be the squad players out!
They normally do well in the FA Cup don't they?

C'est Moi Cantona

Most top clubs would have throttled back a while ago now, against opposition that is so clearly inferior it's just the done thing.

City are acting some young reality star that everyone hates just desperate for attention now.

RedDevil@84

Am I the only one not horrified that they put 8 past Burton who are not supposed to be this poor?

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Is that a serious response?

They're in league one for a reason, they didn't ask to play Man City
Of course they did - by virtue of getting to the latter stages of a major competition. Did they expect to be playing QPR at this point? A League One side should generally be able to keep it below eight except on an off day like this - they're hardly Sunday League. They've already beaten a PL and three Championship sides so are clearly capable of doing a bit better than what they're producing here.

Hoof the ball

The idea of "taking it easy" on another professional side is beyond disrespectful.
Absolutely.

Intentionally not playing well and just toying with the opposition with the ball without trying to score is by definition the most disrespectful thing you can do to your opponent. Even more than scoring lots of goals.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Don't get the "they're dicks" and "show mercy" nonsense. This is professional sports, not a charity event.

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Am I the only one not horrified that they put 8 past Burton who are not supposed to be this poor?
Not at all, the notion they should let up for some reason is beyond baffling. Much more disrespectful and condescending than playing to your fullest ability.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The idea of "taking it easy" on another professional side is beyond disrespectful.
I'm fairly sure I read SAF told our players to reel it in when we put 8 past Arsenal

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
If it was us in this position I’d want us to smash as many goals as we possibly could.

Pagh Wraith

Even though it's only Burton I think the hunger City are showing even at this stage bodes well for the rest of their season. You'd definitely take this over crashing out to Wolves fielding a second-string side.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
They normally do well in the FA Cup don't they?
Well, FA Cup semi in 2000/01 was an incredible ride.
It was almost like we'd made a deal with the devil to have an incredible year that season, and then do nothing for the next 15 or so years, as I think we only made the 3rd round about twice in that period!

You might remember us having an epic game against Tottenham 2 seasons ago.
Still gutted now.
We set the tone at White Hart Lane hitting their crossbar about 1min in!
Then after leading early doors , pulled back to 2-2, go 3-2 up with about 8 mins left!

Our keeper has the ball in his hands with 5mins to go. Just smash it.

Instead fluffs it straight onto the head of their man, who puts it right through to Alli, 3-3.

At least we'll get a replay, we all think.
Wrong, Son shoots, isn't going in, but our man on the line doesn't know that, tries a heroic clearance, only to put it in. 92nd min or so.
Gutted.
All 4 of their goals were either a deflection or a massive error by us. Whereas if you look at our goals, two of the three were classics. A left footed volley, and a great break, cross and header :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfaADqxmwn0

Rucked our league season up too, as we didn't win for about 6weeks after I think.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
It's 8-0 ffs, we've got some serious ignorant posters in here. Burton won't feel disrespected if City pass it about for the final 10 minutes, they'll be relieved that the humiliation is over.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Of course they did - by virtue of getting to the latter stages of a major competition. Did they expect to be playing QPR at this point? A League One side should generally be able to keep it below eight except on an off day like this - they're hardly Sunday League. They've already beaten a PL and three Championship sides so are clearly capable of doing a bit better than what they're producing here.
Don't latch onto that part of my post. Your 'be better at football' comment was idiotic when talking about a league one side. They're in that division because they're clearly not good

PoTMS

It's 8-0 ffs, we've got some serious ignorant posters in here. Burton won't feel disrespected if City pass it about for the final 10 minutes, they'll be relieved that the humiliation is over.
Ignorant? Christ almighty, it's a football game. The goal of the game is to put the ball in the fecking net. The fans pay money to see goals, not players dicking about on the ball because they don't want to embarrass their opponents.

RedDevil@84

As long as they don't do a Klopp after every goal, I guess it is ok.

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Won't somebody think of the children!

Cheesy

Bread with dipping sauce
Scout
Don't latch onto that part of my post. Your 'be better at football' comment was idiotic when talking about a league one side. They're in that division because they're clearly not good
They've been alright enough so far to not get beaten 9-0 by City except on a massive off-day. The idea City should somehow go easy on them because they've been crap today is bizarre.

CallyRed

You feel sorry for Burton, imagine being Fort William in the Scottish highland leagues. They average 8 nil defeats every game.