Carabao Cup semifinals

Minimalist

What a pack of cnuts City are - fecking 9. Thought I'd seen it all with the FA Cup there.
Have some fecking decency.

SqueakyWeasel

Well, FA Cup semi in 2000/01 was an incredible ride.
It was almost like we'd made a deal with the devil to have an incredible year that season, and then do nothing for the next 15 or so years, as I think we only made the 3rd round about twice in that period!

You might remember us having an epic game against Tottenham 2 seasons ago.
Still gutted now.
We set the tone at White Hart Lane hitting their crossbar about 1min in!
Then after leading early doors , pulled back to 2-2, go 3-2 up with about 8 mins left!

Our keeper has the ball in his hands with 5mins to go. Just smash it.

Instead fluffs it straight onto the head of their man, who puts it right through to Alli, 3-3.

At least we'll get a replay, we all think.
Wrong, Son shoots, isn't going in, but our man on the line doesn't know that, tries a heroic clearance, only to put it in. 92nd min or so.
Gutted.
All 4 of their goals were either a deflection or a massive error by us. Whereas if you look at our goals, two of the three were classics. A left footed 25 yard volley, and a great break, cross and header :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfaADqxmwn0

Rucked our league season up too, as we didn't win for about 6weeks after I think.
Was that under Adams, or Sanchez?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Blimey this is like 0-0 and Man. City needing one goal to progress, flooding men forward to try to score a tenth!:lol:

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Exactly. the same posters complaining here would be celebrating and wanting more goals if it was us.
This stuff is only fun if it was against a team that should be good like Roma in 07 and Arsenal in 11. There really would be no fun doing this against a third division team.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Nice of City to dedicate a goal each to everyone that turned up tonight.

RedDevil@84

Did people cry like this when United put 7 past Roma?
And I guess we had put 9 past Ipswich town in the 90s

Wumminator

The Qatar Pounder
Exactly. the same posters complaining here would be celebrating and wanting more goals if it was us.
If we got this far in the Carabao cup and played such a poor amount of youngsters in an easy game I’d be gutted.

I’d wanna see Chong, Greenwood, Dalot and others in the squad, not bringing on Sanchez with 30 minutes left.

VanGaalyTime

What's more disrespectful, taking it easy on a team because they're below you or playing at your best? I'd take a 15-0 win every game.

King Eric 7

You'd get good odds on Burton winning the Cup right now. Just thought I'd put it out there as I know some people on here like to throw their money away.

RedCurry

The saddest part about this is that there's still a second leg after this.

Classical Mechanic

I remember United bearing Ipswich 9-0 and Spurs did Wigan 9-1 in 2009 but twating a League One side like that is entirely classless. Even Germany agreed to stop scoring when humiliating Brazil 7-1.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was that under Adams, or Sanchez?
Semi under Sanchez. He'd rescued us from relegation amazingly the year before, then did that.
Then had a bit of a meltdown near the end, saying stuff like maybe we'd move to MK if the Wycombe fans were too henpecked to come to games!
That and other nonsense!!

Snowjoe

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Staff
Supports
Cheltenham Town
I remember United bearing Ipswich 9-0 and Spurs did Wigan 9-1 in 2009 but twating a League One side like that is entirely classless. Even Germany agreed to stop scoring when humiliating Brazil 7-1.
Didn’t stop them smashing San Marino 13-0 though

starman

:lol:

Why do people complain so much about the score? If this was United i would want 10, 11, 12...be ruthless, in the second leg, you could basically give a load of youngsters a chance

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
I think Burton can walk away as winners not conceding the 10th considering how much City tried. I mean it was basically a 2-0 loss with the 7 goal handicap going into the match.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
Ignorant? Christ almighty, it's a football game. The goal of the game is to put the ball in the fecking net.
It's ignorant because it's obvious people saying that have not taken into account how these players respond to this type of game. This idea that the Burton players will feel disrespected is frankly nonsense because we have countless testimonies from players from small clubs that experience these type of defeats, they aren't gladiators from 300 with a leg and arm chopped off screaming for more soldiers to run at them.

This is a league one side losing 8-0, and City are bombing forward like it's a CL knockout game. Germany just let Schurlle wreak havoc for the final 25 minutes and barely tried to score and that was a World Cup semi final.

ROFLUTION

:lol:

Why do people complain so much about the score? If this was United i would want 10, 11, 12...be ruthless, in the second leg, you could basically give a load of youngsters a chance
They could basically put Pep on the field if there are no PEDs or cocaine left in his body