Cardiff game protest - Mass walkout

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Either works in theory. Symbolically a walkout is nice. In my opinion.

But maybe we don’t need to. Ed Woodward has been putting on a good serious face lately which is a relief.
That’s what I alluded to previously

I don’t see a guy who’s happy right now but it could also be him wondering if the right decision was made to appoint Ole!

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Mass walk out? I can't understand why anyone would want to go at all

Amadaeus

Pochémon Fan Club Chairman
We are not a football club that cares about football anymore.

Real Madrid collapses and they are already planning to get back on top with £420m war chest and hiring a great manager after just hiring one recently.

United collapses and we hire a manager with no notable experience to rebuild this team after giving us one of our worst period of results in awhile with appalling football.

I am struggling to think that we should restructure with ex United players. I rather we look at an experienced DoF, with a proper manager. If the protest is towards that, then I m all for it.

Denis' cuff

Partly, we obviously need some improvements to the squad. But its also childish posters/"fans"/commentators sending us back to the negative mourinho era

Jesus Christ. It’s the fault of childish posters and Mourinho?

Whatever anyone says about Mourinho, at least he tried to shame these so called “United players” and stood up to the owners and that podgy faced clown of a CEO that are bleeding this club dry. All unfolding exactly as was feared when they took over, yet some still in denial. It’s not Moyes, lvg, Jose or Ole to blame for this shambles. It’s the cnuts who oversee Valencia (who was a replacement for Ronaldo ffs) a winger being played as a full back, followed by Young who is a winger being played as a full back. Whilst these idiots are buying Owen, Schwein, Falcao, di Maria, Fred, Sanchez etc as vanity/publicity purchases over the managers’ head and then not backing them to buy their own preferences, things will only get worse. Ole has no chance. I’d like to see Pep managing this circus instead of being given every player his little heart desires. Some of the posters on here couldn’t negotiate for a loaf of bread, never mind manage this lot and still they can see no wrong in the owners. Unbelievable.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
I still have an unworn Sanchez shirt from this year if anyone wants to do anything with it.

Bear in mind by the time you pay postage it might have disappeared.

acnumber9

If you’re going to be at the game from the other side of the world it would be more efficient to just be on the other side of the world not at the game.
He’s not going to do anything anyway. He’s being an attention seeking drama queen. I think this is the second time he’s started a thread to suggest it.

Ekeke

Jesus Christ. It’s the fault of childish posters and Mourinho?

Whatever anyone says about Mourinho, at least he tried to shame these so called “United players” and stood up to the owners and that podgy faced clown of a CEO that are bleeding this club dry. All unfolding exactly as was feared when they took over, yet some still in denial. It’s not Moyes, lvg, Jose or Ole to blame for this shambles. It’s the cnuts who oversee Valencia (who was a replacement for Ronaldo ffs) a winger being played as a full back, followed by Young who is a winger being played as a full back. Whilst these idiots are buying Owen, Schwein, Falcao, di Maria, Fred, Sanchez etc as vanity/publicity purchases over the managers’ head and then not backing them to buy their own preferences, things will only get worse. Ole has no chance. I’d like to see Pep managing this circus instead of being given every player his little heart desires. Some of the posters on here couldn’t negotiate for a loaf of bread, never mind manage this lot and still they can see no wrong in the owners. Unbelievable.
It wont matter who we sign if we have a terrible atmosphere like under Mourinho and the way these "fans" want to drag us back to. We simply wont get the best out of our players unless theres a good atmosphere

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I still have an unworn Sanchez shirt from this year if anyone wants to do anything with it.

Unworn! Even worse than mine that I've at least turned out at games in about 8 times!

Ekeke

I think what threatens to undo that cleanse of toxicity is the toxicity that is still here. The owners, the hierarchy, the mediocre players earning a fortune, the good players not caring enough. Mourinho's implosion was only part of the problem. We've been shite for 6 years mate.

If we can do anything to get rid of Ed and have competency at all levels of the club, it's a good thing.
I think to get rid of all you just stated would require us getting relegated. Its not realistic at all.

These are the owners we have until they decide to sell. And us making the environment a poorer one to make them want to sell sooner only punishes the players and the fans

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Thats what we've been able to offer over the past 3 years or so compared to other clubs. I never liked that being our strategy but theres no other reason why players we think are going to be great for us would sign here at the moment.

Obviously we've done a terrible job with selecting those signings because we're not getting half our money's worth. But I don't see what you think players' motivations will be to sign for us. We're not a title challenger, champions league will have to be earned, we have maybe 2 world class players when they're on form and they arent right now... So why sign for Manchester United?

The only reason players in demand have signed for us is because we offered them lots of money. Its sad and we needed to achieve some good stuff to make it worth it and we havent. But now the only alternative is signing players other teams dont want, if we dont offer more money than the many better teams...
There has to be a better way. Liverpool's done it. Identify promising players who are not solely motivated by the wages we offer. Stop giving pay rises to the same players who've failed over and over for the past few years. Stop giving pay rises based on a few weeks of good form, like we did with Shaw. Don't be afraid to get rid of clearly talented players who are not contributing as they should.

I don't know, I'm just ranting here. The situation we're in frustrates me to no end. We used to be a club who stood up to player power and super agents. From what I'm seeing, we don't seem to be the same club I fell in love with. It's not about trophies, it's about the values we supposedly stood for.

Like the meme that has been going round, we're spending money like City, sacking managers like Chelsea, glorifying our history like Liverpool, and having low standards by aiming for CL places like Arsenal. I despair at how far we've fallen.

I suppose Fergie's years were enough memories to last a lifetime. :(

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think to get rid of all you just stated would require us getting relegated. Its not realistic at all.

These are the owners we have until they decide to sell. And us making the environment a poorer one to make them want to sell sooner only punishes the players and the fans
I see it differently. It might not result in them selling the club, but they could at least sack Woodward and install competency at executive level.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ekeke

There has to be a better way. Liverpool's done it. Identify promising players who are not solely motivated by the wages we offer. Stop giving pay rises to the same players who've failed over and over for the past few years. Stop giving pay rises based on a few weeks of good form, like we did with Shaw. Don't be afraid to get rid of clearly talented players who are not contributing as they should.

I don't know, I'm just ranting here. The situation we're in frustrates me to no end. We used to be a club who stood up to player power and super agents. From what I'm seeing, we don't seem to be the same club I fell in love with. It's not about trophies, it's about the values we supposedly stood for.

Like the meme that has been going round, we're spending money like City, sacking managers like Chelsea, glorifying our history like Liverpool, and having low standards by aiming for CL places like Arsenal. I despair at how far we've fallen.

I suppose Fergie's years were enough memories to last a lifetime. :(
I mean, to be fair thats what Liverpool did. They signed players the top clubs werent interested in. Half of them premier league players. Mane, Firminho, Salah, Robertson etc. None of the top clubs were in for them.

And once they had that core of players they went for 2 players who the top clubs would be interested in and they'd have to pay them a large amount - Allison and VVD. But those were like the finishing touches

Ekeke

I see it differently. It might not result in them selling the club, but they could at least sack Woodward and install competency at executive level.
I think maybe midtable gets rid of Woodward. He makes them money. They like money

The alternative is to be top 2 again despite Woodward and Glazers like we were this time last year with these same players.

Last edited by a moderator:

Pscholes18

I don't know what needs to happen, but if nothing is done Woodward will keep and continue on with his job while we all sit on here moaning about him....it's the players because of Woodward.....HES A FECKING MONEY MAN RUNNING A FOOTBALL CLUB!!! HE KNOWS FECK ALL ABOUT WHAT GOES ON ON THE PITCH.

El Presidente

Grow a fecking pair! Your team wins trophy after trophy for 20 years and you want to stage some sort of boycott because you finish 5th or 6th a few times?

Nobody likes what we’re seeing now, but staging a walkout is ridiculous. Fans at actual shot clubs would be laughing and cringing at the ‘protests’ coming from poor old Manchester United - who as of now have STILL won more trophies post-Fergie than Liverpool and Spurs.

Suck it up.

Quick!!! Someone tell Real fans that 3rd is not that bad if you think about it. Or Bayern who almost fired their coach mid-season for being second.

Madrid won a shitload of trophies for the past few years, failed this year, and now are looking to spend some countries yearly GDP to return at the top.

Meanwhile, United fans are arguing wether they should show displeasure towards a useless, overpaid shower of shite that are so disinterested that they don’t even bother trying.

Last edited:

BlueHaze

Send it to me, I'm out of toilet paper.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I think maybe midtable gets rid of Woodward. He makes them money. They like money

The alternative is to be top 2 again despite Woodward and Glazers like we were this time last year with these same players.
There is no way we can get top 2 again without enormous restructuring, investment, and shipping out loads of players. I think that takes a very different executive leadership to realise.

edit: In my view, I should say :D

mu4c_20le

Quick!!! Someone tell Real fans that 3rd is not that bad if you think about it. Or Bayern who almost fired their coach mid-season for being second.
Those exaples you bring up, are clubs that belong in one or two team leagues. You dont see the likes of City, pool, or even chelsea doing that.

Ekeke

There is no way we can get top 2 again without enormous restructuring, investment, and shipping out loads of players. I think that takes a very different executive leadership to realise.
But we did it despite being a shit show under Mourinho. So its possible with the right transfer dealings

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Those exaples you bring up, are clubs that belong in one or two team leagues. You dont see the likes of City, pool, or even chelsea doing that.
Didn't Chelsea sack 2 managers who came second?

Ravel96

Solskjaer has to start at least 6 players from the youth team including Gomes, Chong, Garner and Greenwood.

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I'm amazed people are still going. I stopped paying for expensive United tickets a while ago. Not fun at all.

bushyboy

Agree with the OP, except would prefer a stay away. It's time to stop complaining on meaningless Internet forums, stop being hypocrites and start taking action.

The owners, board and players don't deserve to be applauded next week for the tripe they continually serve us.

Richest/biggest supported club in this mess? Something's got to be done. Stay away next week.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
But we did it despite being a shit show under Mourinho. So its possible with the right transfer dealings
Yeah, I think it would take an enormous change. The top 2 clubs are comprehensively miles ahead. Like Jose also said, it was one of his biggest "achievements". And we played pretty boring football, which Ole supposedly doesn't want.

I just think at some stage the penny has to drop for fans. We've been watching this club run into the ground.

El Presidente

It’s not about the league they compete in. It’s about standards.
Besides, City is not a good example. They were never really is such a mess after the takeover. Chelsea..

You see, this is supposedly the biggest club in the world (it’s not), according to a lot of people here. Why the hell should we care if Chelsea or City does it.

When you are the biggest club in the country (like Real or Bayern in the examples above) you have to be up to a certain standard and the fans should expect, actually DEMAND it. Instead we’ve got Jones for 5 more years.

Irwin99

Wouldn't like to see a mass walk out if we played the kids next week.

I read that Chelsea booed their team off at half time today before winning 3-0. I wish the players knew and understood how good our fans to them most of the time.

pascell

Some of us have just renewed our season tickets for next season, I'll still be at the game and hope to see the youngsters.

A mass walkout won't achieve anything, this club has seen much, much worse times than we're seeing and come out the other side.

Matthew84!

Well I don't think a mass walk out is the way to go but why don't someone make a huge banner saying Woodward out? That way it'll be showing all game and everyone will see,

Denis79

feck me.. Ole saying that was good football in his presser... come on man! Grow some balls and say what's on your heart. I know he thinks that was shite.

JoaquinJoaquin

Nothing will ever happen like this at Utd. Too many 'tourist' fans who go for the 'experience'. Remember when they clapped Mourinho off just before he was sacked?
Moyes got clapped into the tunnel week before he was sacked FFS

Buster15

Go on Didier
Supports
Bristol Rovers
I'm not going instead. Watching that shower of utter fecking shite and then potentially have to walk out knowing Liverpool have won the league? feck that.
Watching this MU is about as much fun as running out of toilet paper.

Ekeke

Yeah, I think it would take an enormous change. The top 2 clubs are comprehensively miles ahead. Like Jose also said, it was one of his biggest "achievements". And we played pretty boring football, which Ole supposedly doesn't want.

I just think at some stage the penny has to drop for fans. We've been watching this club run into the ground.
I mean, I dont think 3rd next season would feel that bad do you? We got 2nd because the other teams had a bad season. Just like when Leicester won the league. It does happen. You just never know

Lennon7

nipple flasher and door destroyer
Grow a fecking pair! Your team wins trophy after trophy for 20 years and you want to stage some sort of boycott because you finish 5th or 6th a few times?

Nobody likes what we’re seeing now, but staging a walkout is ridiculous. Fans at actual shot clubs would be laughing and cringing at the ‘protests’ coming from poor old Manchester United - who as of now have STILL won more trophies post-Fergie than Liverpool and Spurs.

Suck it up.
Too right mate. Can’t stand some of the fans on here. Yes we can all be annoyed and despair with what we’re experiencing at the moment, but how the feck can you think literally walking out on your team would be anything but counter productive? What, it’s gonna provoke the board to either sell the club or make the drastic changes needed at the top? Is it hell.

Take the amazing away fans who actually understand what it means to support the club for example, when they stayed behind and kept signing after our loss to Everton. I resent teams like Madrid and Barca booing their own players and a mass walkout would be no different.

Coops73

The opening post is chock full of hyperbole here.

What would a mass walk out aim to achieve, exactly?
Are you shitting me? Headlines. Pure and simple, I’m not a match going fan but if I was I’d be well up for it, the utter cnuts that run our club need to know what utter cnuts they are, so do some of those that walk onto that pitch.