Carlo Ancelotti: Everton manager

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout

Should be very good signing for Everton.

Rafaeldagold

Hmm I don’t this is a good fit..Ancelotti is best with a great team already, no changes to make & just needs to be a good man manager which he is.
Not sure a relegation battle with Everton suits him or his attributes to be honest

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
He's failed spectacularly in his last two jobs, and hasn't managed a properly unfancied team in 25 years near enough. He's also known for terrible training sessions and Everton already look like a team without a plan 90% of the games I see them play.

Obviously he's got a pedigree that no Everton manager before has, I could see his reputation lifting the players initially, but I can't see how he builds them into anything substantial when he's never done that in his career really. I also worry whether he's the man for a team that it's not out of the realm of possibility could get relegated if they have a bad year.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
Great cup manager but just about average in League .

Thought Ferguson was doing okay. I know he is as novice as it can get but why not test and see if it works. They got a point at OT with literally no midfield and won against Chelsea.

Bojan11

I am sure Kean is praying this is true as Ancelotti is type who would put his arm around him.

But Everton need someone who would improve the fitness of the squad and give them a style of play. Ancelotti does none of those things.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Would be quite the coup for Everton on paper. But then again, a lot of what Everton does transfer-wise appears to look good on paper... He’s had quite a few misses in a row now.

Alabaster Codify7

Great coup for Everton, this. Ancellotti will stabilise them and push them up the table, I reckon he'll get them finishing top 8-10th. He has good name value then to attract players in the summer and the board will spend, you bet. I think if they play their cards right they'll be top 6 next season.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
He's failed spectacularly in his last two jobs, and hasn't managed a properly unfancied team in 25 years near enough. He's also known for terrible training sessions and Everton already look like a team without a plan 90% of the games I see them play.

Obviously he's got a pedigree that no Everton manager before has, I could see his reputation lifting the players initially, but I can't see how he builds them into anything substantial when he's never done that in his career really. I also worry whether he's the man for a team that it's not out of the realm of possibility could get relegated if they have a bad year.
It didn't work out for him at Bayern, it happens. But in no way did he fail spectacularly.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
I guess Moyes must've turned them down if Everton are having to slum it with the three-time Champions League-winning manager Carlo Ancelotti instead.

Last edited:

stepic

Great cup manager but just about average in League .

Thought Ferguson was doing okay. I know he is as novice as it can get but why not test and see if it works. They got a point at OT with literally no midfield and won against Chelsea.
Duncan fecking Ferguson over Carlos Ancelotti? What drugs are you on.

el3mel

Gonna be a terrible move. Has he declined that much that he can't find a better job than fecking Everton ?

Kostur

海尔的老板
It didn't work out for him at Bayern, it happens. But in no way did he fail spectacularly.
Don't think you can call losing the title out to Juve in a hegemony league like Serie A a spectacular failure either.

Bojan11

Don't think you can call losing the title out to Juve in a hegemony league like Serie A a spectacular failure either.
No, but they didn’t look like challenging and he didn’t really improve them from Sarri.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Quite the appointment for them. Honestly I've never been that worried about their appointments since I've been supporting Liverpool, but this one is genuinely impressive.

No idea why Arsenal didn't go and try to get him. Seemed like a no brainer for them.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Wow. I guess Arsenal is failing to attract top names because they have no money to spend on fixing the squad?

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Even a past-it Ancelotti is a coup for Everton given the state they're in.

Plus I like him so it'll be nice to have him knocking about the league again.

Pagh Wraith

Ancelotti is clearly not past it, he's an elite manager. God knows what Everton promised him but it's quite the coup.

Ban

He's past it definitely but he could be ok for Everton. I mean they just need to avoid relegation and be somewhere aroung the middle of the table.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Just realized he's going to be their manager for the next few derbies. He seems to have the beating of Klopp as well.

Paul_Scholes18

I don't think everton will suit him. They don't have a great team really. Although playing on the counter might work for them.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
He would do well imho because foundation is good and his reputation took a big hit, so he can quickly re-establish himself.

C'est Moi Cantona

Should have kept Dunc, the game is lacking characters like him nowadays, and Carlo will no doubt end in tears, he is just not the sort of manager you'd associate with a mid table club.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Would be a massive coup for Everton, Ancelotti's stock is not particularly high but it might be a chance at redemption with Everton. Certainly expectations will be high.